Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not often I agree with a Tory.......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah labour were generous with the money. The spent and spent and spent and spent until there wasn't any left.

Bailing out the financial institutions. Had they not, vast numbers of people would have lost life savings. Had one bank failed then there may well have been a domino effect and the collapse of the system would have followed as confidence evaporated.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
People have given up saying this government is a 'coalition government', due to those spineless Liberal Democrats. Though imagine how terrible a tory majority government would be? I am shuddering.

Bit like if milliband and Balls take the helm. God help us. :shootself:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Bailing out the financial institutions. Had they not, vast numbers of people would have lost life savings. Had one bank failed then there may well have been a domino effect and the collapse of the system would have followed as confidence evaporated.

I was talking about all there spending not just the banks. What about PFI that is going to take years to pay off.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
With Cameron's "help to buy" artificially elevating house prices even further and Miliband's Cuban-style price cap on energy prices, I don't think either party seems to understand the basics of supply and demand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The entire system is ridiculous - but the worldwide "great recession" would have happened regardless of Labour spending. The government is just using it as an excuse to take more wealth and rights from regular people to give to their corporate buddies without many people complaining, while dismantling our vital public services, as we "need to reduce the deficit" and "we are in this together".

this mantra from you is empty rhetoric. if there was never any money, then where is it all coming from, what created all the wealth that funds the public service in the first place? care to name one policy that takes wealth from regular people, and one where it is given to "corporate buddies".

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I am, by instinct, a labour voter, however i live in East Worthing and Shoreham constituency, which, if I'm honest Labour has no chance of winning normally. Now UKIP has made the said constituency one of their top six target seats, should I carry on voting Labour, or vote for the swivel eyed loonies that are Ukip, in the hope that they can kick the Tories out, and get a Labour majority. I would have to have a couple of stiff beverages to vote for Farages right wing mob, but we live in strange times

Sounds like Farage and you have already had a skinful if you think that UKIP can overturn a 20,000 difference from 2010. Poor call to put this in 'top 6' or top 60 even

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whoever we vote in, things will only continue to get worse. We should be pushing for a revolution of the democratic and economic system, rather than playing along with this party politics charade.

What changes do you propose? Spouting Hot Air simply doesnt work.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You know polls are polls and you can read into them what you like,just look at the Scottish referendum results to see that,and just maybe people going to ballot may remember this ?
no money.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Both Milliband and Balls said that Osborne's policies wouldn't work, and they have been proved wrong.

Sure things have been tough, wage freezes and high energy bills being two major issues, but we still have low mortgage rates and falling unemployment, and low inflation.

I really think labour are too big a risk when it comes to the economy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't understand how anyone, unless they are an immigrant or unenployable or have no desire to work could consider voting for Labour! After the shocking mess that Brown & co got the country into, are your memories that short Lived?

Excellent and original argument. Not heard this before.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was talking about all there spending not just the banks. What about PFI that is going to take years to pay off.

Fine, then take out the bank bail outs and look at the financial situation immediately prior to the financial crisis, a financial crisis that the Tories wouldn't have avoided.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Both Milliband and Balls said that Osborne's policies wouldn't work, and they have been proved wrong.

Sure things have been tough, wage freezes and high energy bills being two major issues, but we still have low mortgage rates and falling unemployment, and low inflation.

I really think labour are too big a risk when it comes to the economy.

:facepalm:

These are the policies that were going to eliminate the deficit in one parliament. The fact that there are more people in part time work who want or need full time work. The explosion of zero hour contracts, not because people want them but because they are all that is on offer. Low mortgage rates that we had under the last government. We now have Osborne announcing that he is going to steal from the poor to pay back the rich with Pension changes and caps on some benefits and reductions on the maximum. This is the same Osborne who sold off the Post office to his mates who then sold it on for massive profit despite getting the good deal in the first place on proviso they were in it for the long haul!!!! Oh and don't forget about our triple A rating.

If I were an investigative journo, I'd be looking at the friends of Osborne just to see who has family about to peg it and, ergo, who would benefit from the immediate changes to the pension taxation!!!!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
:facepalm:

These are the policies that were going to eliminate the deficit in one parliament. The fact that there are more people in part time work who want or need full time work. The explosion of zero hour contracts, not because people want them but because they are all that is on offer. Low mortgage rates that we had under the last government. We now have Osborne announcing that he is going to steal from the poor to pay back the rich with Pension changes and caps on some benefits and reductions on the maximum. This is the same Osborne who sold off the Post office to his mates who then sold it on for massive profit despite getting the good deal in the first place on proviso they were in it for the long haul!!!! Oh and don't forget about our triple A rating.

If I were an investigative journo, I'd be looking at the friends of Osborne just to see who has family about to peg it and, ergo, who would benefit from the immediate changes to the pension taxation!!!!
Would this be the pensions that Brown raided to help fund his spending spree.? What about the Gold reserves? Oh yeah, what Gold reserves. !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here