Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to talk about Dale

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Here's the full quote
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14695574.Albion_Analysis__Why_a_draw_at_Reading_felt_like_a_defeat/

“Dale’s fine. I brought him and Ollie in midweek. I don’t know if he expected it but it was hard on Beram and Siddy.
“I would imagine he saw that and if I looked at his performance midweek he covered the distance he normally does, so he is not so far off, but he didn’t have the effect on the game Dale normally can.
“There’s no doubt he’s a little bit short, which is normal. He missed a decent chunk of pre-season and hasn’t played the amount of games others have but he will be fine.
“We’ve got two games before the window and then, of course, I’ve got decisions to make.
“One thing I can categorically tell you is he did not refuse to play. Dale has been excellent for us, he’s not that type of individual. He trains hard every day, he’s a very good professional.”

Excellent. IF this is true those spreading the disparaging rumours should be tarred and feathered.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I obviously missed something, but according to that article Dale "missed a decent chunk of pre season". Why was that? Or is that article mainly referring to Sidwell?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nothing to see here, please move along

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As i see it, the best result for some would be him starting against Oxford and then getting injured and being out for the season. A huge number of posts saying that it was all total fabrication and we should trust Hughton, followed seconds later by a huge number of posts stating that Hughton is useless and this wouldn't happen with a tried and tested english manager and we should have sold him while we had the chance.

NSC at it's best

I'll wait till Saturday to see what happens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I understood it given he was talking about his selection so far this season, he's got four first choice midfielders , he hopes, so its going to to be difficult to decide who to play in that middle 2.

The decisions seem to be about just before/after the window, what you are suggesting has been ongoing for a few games now. I have no idea what CH means but I don't think it's what you are saying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I obviously missed something, but according to that article Dale "missed a decent chunk of pre season". Why was that?
To busy having fun in chauffeur driven helicopters.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The decisions seem to be about just before/after the window, what you are suggesting has been ongoing for a few games now. I have no idea what CH means but I don't think it's what you are saying.

Hughton said more in the same interview which was essentially about how to keep a strong squad happy. Which is what i'm going with Icy.

""It doesn't mean [rotating the squad] will always be the case," Hughton said. "We've had midweek games and cup games as well.
"Sometimes I pre-plan something. It was my intention to bring back Beram and Siddy. They played especially well in the Derby game and a home win after that against Nottingham Forest.
"I've also got good scope in the wide areas with Kazenga (LuaLua) on the bench and Jamie Murphy, and we know what Ollie can gives us (in midfield). Apart from defence we've got really good options.
"We want to finish the window making sure we continue that and it's a little reminder that we are four games into a 46-game season. There will be lots of twists and turns, injuries, form, and we will need all these players."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...is__Why_a_draw_at_Reading_felt_like_a_defeat/

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I would happily sell him if:
-- he doesn't want to be here
-- we get a decent fee for him (ie £7m+)
-- we reinvest that in the squad

I agree with you about Stephens vs Norwood (on the little I've seen of Norwood), but there isn't a massive amount in it, whereas there could be a far more substantial difference between Baldock and a new signing.

Norwood feels like a DS B- but hopefully some game time and learning how we play he can emulate. I wouldn't want to rely on him though.

Difference with any new CF coming in is they might wonder how 2 from a strong 3/4 works. They notoriously just want to play and I wonder whether rotation considerations have made any one we're interested in have second thoughts.

Ideally we'd all love a marquee signing in the mould of Kodija to excite us but ultimately I expect it's unlikely we'll attract anyone other than a Prem striker struggling to get in their parent clubs match day 18.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know anything but I'm going to assume he's leaving. He wouldn't have been left out on Saturday unless there was a very good chance of it.

And actually, I'm fine with it. He's a good player, he's done well for us, but he won't be let go without a back up in place and for a very good price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here