Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just buy the Cannondale SB you silly sod.
The only things in the Cannondale's favour are:-

- it's in my LBS.
&
- It matches most of my current kit :lol: :safeway:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have rather foolishly signed up for l'etape again.

Anyone else?

I've just had my dream holiday pulled out from underneath me.
Reliving my yoof by taking the kids to the Isles of Scilly.

Next on the list is the Roubaix Sportive - 'Sorry kids no holiday for you but you understand, don't you'. :lolol: :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Typical, finally feeling well up for the Friday night club ride, pretty much perfect weather... and no one turns up :(
Too much of scaredy cat to set off on 30 miles of pitch black country roads on my own, and didn't fancy riding lit main roads in town. Oh well, there's always another day I suppose.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Typical, finally feeling well up for the Friday night club ride, pretty much perfect weather... and no one turns up :(
Too much of scaredy cat to set off on 30 miles of pitch black country roads on my own, and didn't fancy riding lit main roads in town. Oh well, there's always another day I suppose.

That's a bummer. Dunno if I'd be able to go back home though.

What did you ride today SB?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a bummer. Dunno if I'd be able to go back home though.

What did you ride today SB?
My still creaking Bianchi after it had a new bottom bracket fitted.
Not only that but the headset and gears have been done recently too, the bike is so smooth to ride, but creaking like an old man (insert line here).
Pedaling out of the saddle is almost deafening, but it purrs when freewheeling :angry:

My LBS man called Cube about the Attain "ideal for the long winters in the UK", and was told late January early February.
I've got some thinking to do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe I haven't asked early:-

IS ANYONE RIDING TOMORROW?

I'm going to be out but am at a bit of a loose end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is what I want:-

http://www.cube.eu/en/products/road-race/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-blackngreen-2016/
View attachment 69344

A brand spanking new design from Cube that ticks all the boxes.

This is what I could have 'today':-

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/cannondale-synapse-105.html?gclid=CIvjtI2e0MgCFUqdGwodJiQPOw
View attachment 69345

This doesn't quite match up, over little things like type of brake and mudguard eyelets.

and this is what I could throw everything else under a bus for:-

http://www.merlincycles.com/felt-v85-road-bike-2016-87037.html
View attachment 69346

With the Cube disappearing off the radar as it'll be Summer before I get that winter 'hack', I've found one more to add:-
http://www.focus-bikes.com/gb/en/bikes/2016/road/performance-cayo-al/cayo-al-disc-105.html

focus_light_gross_fo16_cayo_al_disc_105_d0bd9f60a7_70b4f78aad.jpg

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Whilst the crankset isn't as good, i'd go with that other the other two just because it has hydraulic brakes. A couple of people I've spoken to said they've had problems with mechanical discs and the don't wear evenly and end up rubbing.

It's easy to change the crakset later.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Strava flagging question...

If a ride has been flagged does that flagging mean everyone else on the same ride gets a flag too?

I ask because I've just had another old ride flagged - the link between all being I did the ride with armchairclubber. Looks like the sad case that flags armchairclubber consistently is going back over old rides and flagging them up too. Surely Strava can see a pattern going on and deal with out of control flaggers :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strava flagging question...

If a ride has been flagged does that flagging mean everyone else on the same ride gets a flag too?

I ask because I've just had another old ride flagged - the link between all being I did the ride with armchairclubber. Looks like the sad case that flags armchairclubber consistently is going back over old rides and flagging them up too. Surely Strava can see a pattern going on and deal with out of control flaggers :shrug:
That was so weird the last time that was happening.
I'm pretty sure I'd have complained to Strava by now, the fella in question needs some time away from their site.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The decision has been made and this morning I ordered the Focus.
Hydraulic disc brakes, 'guard eyelets, predominately 105 groupset, and pretty sweet paint job and some big recommendations for the full carbon version.

A la [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] yesterday I was pretty tentative on some leaf strewn damp descents and can't wait to get some good brakes to go with winter tyres.

The downside being yet another wait this time through to late December, although apparently Focus are considerably more reliable than Cube at this sort of thing.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I half planned to go out this morning, but thought it looked a bit damp. I washed the bike instead. Stone me what a load of muck in the gears etcs. New lube is really thin this time.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Can't really naff off for a few hours when its supposed to be a family week. At least I've got a clean bike. Saw your superb outing today. How many more chances until spring I wonder?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Can't really naff off for a few hours when its supposed to be a family week. At least I've got a clean bike. Saw your superb outing today. How many more chances until spring I wonder?

Fair play buddy. Always nice to have a clean bike. Weekend looking good btw.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I half planned to go out this morning, but thought it looked a bit damp. I washed the bike instead. Stone me what a load of muck in the gears etcs. New lube is really thin this time.
***Cough*** and again ***cough*** :whistle:

Shame on you Moto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here