Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What went wrong for the Derby game?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It was another high pressured game and we'd just won 5 on the spin and scoring for fun....a draw or loss was due and we just run out of ideas in the second half :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What needs explaining?

- Boro have told fans to arrive early to start flapping away their free flags
- Their fans are expecting an auto spot and will be demanding it saturday throughout
- Their manager is a f**king mess and is flagging by the looks of him and recent interviews

Is that clearer?

No, read your sentence again.
It reads like you are describing our fans & manager.

'Playing away can sometimes be a great help without the pressure of 30k flag flapping home fans DEMANDING promotion and a flagging manager'

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

'Playing away can sometimes be a great help without the pressure of 30k flag flapping home fans DEMANDING promotion and a flagging manager'

So much absurd shit has been written on here since the Derby match it's as though everyone has taken leave of their senses. I think Lord B is the only one who has come out of it with his reputation/esteem intact.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north

No, if u read it again im talking about their fans demanding promotion at their ground which will have 30k home fans with flags! We are playing away so what has this got to do with our fans?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As repeatedly indicated, not too much went wrong, although Dunk's red did, but that doesn't seem to be the OP's point.
One thing that hasn't been raised is that we went into the game knowing that the result wasn't pivotal, and that inevitably has a bearing on our approach. While the next game will be pivotal for Boro, the result doesn't give them the clarity, because a draw being good enough shifts their approach to the game. Perhaps this might prompt threads enquiring 'what went wrong' on the Boro board.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
As repeatedly indicated, not too much went wrong, although Dunk's red did, but that doesn't seem to be the OP's point.
One thing that hasn't been raised is that we went into the game knowing that the result wasn't pivotal, and that inevitably has a bearing on our approach. While the next game will be pivotal for Boro, the result doesn't give them the clarity, because a draw being good enough shifts their approach to the game. Perhaps this might prompt threads enquiring 'what went wrong' on the Boro board.

I must admit im buzzing to see us come out guns blazing saturday

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Forget the previous 5 matches that we had won,can I add that in all of those matches we struggled for long periods in those games but found a way to win.
Looking back I think the Derby match was a great rehearsal for what we can expect on Saturday.
The last thing Boro will want is an open game.I hope we are smart enough to know that if the game is still level after 70 mins
then the crowd will begin to get nervous & that is when we can take advantage.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Was a bit of a reality check for the team and gives CH and the lads somethig to work on knowing that we are going to meet another well organised and physical side going for it. Probably the best rehearsal for the Boro game in hindsight to prepare for Sat. Imagine if we had played QPR and won 4-0 on Monday and then ran into a Boro who played like Derby. Can't wait.

In CH we trust !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I went to the match with my wife. She's been to home games at the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex. She's not seen Brighton win at home since 1997. Away wins, yes - but still not a home win since the Goldstone for her. There was just no chance of winning...

You,are not alone in posting something like this, breaking winning habits. Just dont do it, its not worth it.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Where have you been. The Derby game has been discussed t death on here already. It doesn't matter any more.

You might as well have said ''What did you think of that home match against Preston? ''

Forget Derby. Next game is Middlesboro and then play offs if need be.

I liked this retort a lot

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Was a bit of a reality check for the team and gives CH and the lads somethig to work on knowing that we are going to meet another well organised and physical side going for it. Probably the best rehearsal for the Boro game in hindsight to prepare for Sat. Imagine if we had played QPR and won 4-0 on Monday and then ran into a Boro who played like Derby. Can't wait.

In CH we trust !

Good point

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

In CH we trust !

Spot on, that has to be the way to look at the Derby match.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought we were the better team 1st half, second half we seemed to get overrun in midfield and as a result we much longer which played into Derby's hands. I suspect if we play them again it'll be with an extra man in midfield...

On what I've seen from two games against them I think we would beat them if we meet again.

I only saw the live stream, but the commentators were raving about Skalak's set piece delivery. I thought we were the better side in the first half but were 2nd best in second half. If only we had taken a couple of the chances in first half hour, I think we would have won easily.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think you guys froze a little ... I reckon Hughton will be addressing this for the boro game ...

I think you are right as I said before, professionals or not, 9 days to think about that game with all the build up and pressure and then meet a good Derby side got to us.
Hope it will be different on Saturday, they will just want to get out there and put it right, more often than not a poor(ish) performance can lead to a much better one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here