Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Interview

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You either shut up, get your head down, learn the offside rule and stand a chance of being a part of a promotion chasing team. Or you whine. Elvis has made his choice.

Bye bye.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We seem to have made promises to players in order to get their contracts then left them sitting on the bench. Giving a player 10-15 minutes to prove his worth in a game is not good enough.
Goldson was only given a chance as there was no other option and what a player he has turned out to be - what about Tilley, Harper, Hambo, Towell and possibly others.

Alan Shearer summed it up the other night - you will not see the potential of a player in the under 21's, until they are given a chance in the 1st team you will not see their worth.

I'm sure every player we discuss terms with is given the same/similar speech. "Do well in training and you will have a stable place in the first team, playing week in week out." I think a number of the players (and their agents) miss the first 5 words of that sentence!

You either take the chance when its offered (Connor) or you sulk (Kemy)... that's completely down to the player and their professionalism. Throwing your toys out of the pram to your domestic press does you no favours with the people who pay your wages and decide where you will be spending saturday afternoons.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wow, there are ways of expressing your frustration at not playing but that's not the way. However a player feels they usually have the humility to suggest that they need to work hard/harder, he sounds like he's given up. You don't just walk into a first XI, and if you have been given chances to show what you can do and it hasn't worked out, you should probably be disappointed with yourself, not the club.

I've seen better players get less chances and be more humble about it.

Not impressed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If nothing else, Elvis does prove how well all the other signings have integrated into the club, squad and team.

1 wrong'un out of 8 (?) is probably the clubs best recruiting effort.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Have not read one post - the bloke who recommended him should be in another job - taking visitors around Graceland - only to get lost :dunce:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If the club was at lower to mid table in the league he may have got 2 or 3 games to start and then may have started to impress with more game time.

Cant see that happening now for the rest of the season.

Who knows, hope we get promoted this season, but if not, he might get a chance to prove himself next season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't mean to be harsh but he's a VERY poor man's Lua Lua without the shot power, backflip or basic knowledge of the offside rule.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
If nothing else, Elvis does prove how well all the other signings have integrated into the club, squad and team.

1 wrong'un out of 8 (?) is probably the clubs best recruiting effort.

Although one of the more expensive ones, unfortunately.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Thus far irregardless of what he's shown in training out there where it matters on the pitch thus far he has shown he is miles away from the required standard. Actually doing this interview in the first place he is either not very clever, poorly advised or both.
The whole thing stinks to me of a player who is annoyed at his current situation and an agent who authorised the interview rubbing his hands at the prospect of more commission on a future deal.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
As stated many times on this thread, he has no understanding of the offside rule, watching him time his runs is like watching Mwepu Ilunga line up in a wall for a free kick...

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
https://translate.googleusercontent...-keuze&usg=ALkJrhgeMvZ80vOxia_wixrhvzYyXJgOSg

Screaming, cheering and even crying fans. De Kuip shook back and forth with joy. The players on the field were crazy, including natural goalscorer Elvis Manu. Well into injury time, he had the 4-3 were accounted for against Zorya Luhansk, then he took off his shirt and extensively partied with supporters.

Recently, the attacker put a video of the ball on Instagram, accompanied by the ominous words "During hard times, never forget what you are capable of." For where he was last season with five matches of the Europa League Hero Feyenoord, where he now languishes away in the English Championship.

Hopelessness
At Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship he hardly gets to play. A few raid beur little because Manu has had to make do with it since his move last summer. He is the first to admit that he should have a different approach. "I made the wrong choice, as I sit here now in a desperate situation. These are difficult times. "

Manager Chris Hughton simply sees it not in him. Usually he puts Manu beside him on the bench, but sometimes the only 22-year-old attacker must also sit in the stands. "At the beginning of the season 'was' the team already and we won often. So the trainer had no reason to switch. And now he thinks it is not a good time to try out other players. Not a single time I stood at the base. I once asked him why am I here. I always get the answer that I must be patient and must continue to train hard. Brighton and I do not have a happy marriage. "

Feyenoord
And divorce is almost impossible, because in the first round of the Eredivisie he took a few minutes to join Feyenoord. "A player is not allowed for more than two clubs come out each season. The only option is to return to Feyenoord, haha. "Manu laugh, but deep in his heart he would like nothing better. "I will never say no to my club. But it is totally not an issue dude, nothing is happening. "

He's still in the WhatsApp group Feyenoord Boys' with buddies as Terence Kongolo, Tonny Vilhena, Calvin Verdonk, Eljero Elia and Bilal Başaçıkoğlu. "Other former players like Ruben Schaken and Jean-Paul Boëtius are also still in place. I have a lot of support to those guys. They say I'll be there again on top. At Feyenoord I sat in exactly the same situation. Even when I was six months in the stands, before I was let to SC Cambuur. Once back at Feyenoord I made a lot of goals in the Europa League. That thought keeps me here on the leg. The viewing of these images gives me strength. "

I must admit I admire the work CH has done and is doing but his man management in this situation has been so unprofessional. Why bring someone over from a club where he has been for 7 years, since he was a youngster, and used £1.5m of our budget to not even give the poor bloke a chance. Definitely something CH needs to sort out with himself.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I must admit I admire the work CH has done and is doing but his man management in this situation has been so unprofessional. Why bring someone over from a club where he has been for 7 years, since he was a youngster, and used £1.5m of our budget to not even give the poor bloke a chance. Definitely something CH needs to sort out with himself.

Maybe, just maybe its Elvis with the problem? we have no idea what his attitude is towards training. I have to side with CH on this one if he feels that Elvis is not ready for the first team for whatever reason.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
Maybe, just maybe its Elvis with the problem? we have no idea what his attitude is towards training. I have to side with CH on this one if he feels that Elvis is not ready for the first team for whatever reason.

Maybe it is, but give the boy a chance. If he hasn't had game time how can he prove anything, a lack of game time when he's still young will obviously frustrate him and cause a lack of motivation in training.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We seem to have made promises to players in order to get their contracts then left them sitting on the bench. Giving a player 10-15 minutes to prove his worth in a game is not good enough.
Goldson was only given a chance as there was no other option and what a player he has turned out to be - what about Tilley, Harper, Hambo, Towell and possibly others.

Alan Shearer summed it up the other night - you will not see the potential of a player in the under 21's, until they are given a chance in the 1st team you will not see their worth.

You can't group Elvis in with those other players. He hasn't been given a proper chance because when he's been given half a chance he's been dreadful. We've lost two of our best players to long term injuries who play in the same position as him, this season has been absolutely made for him to make an impact, and he hasn't. Every time he's come on he's looked way below the level we require. He's either not good enough, or doesn't have a good enough attitude.

Hughton should read him the riot act now- you don't go moaning to the press because you're not getting picked. Work hard and make the manager pick you, or go somewhere else where you are good enough to play. Assume he'll do the latter.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To be fair, I think Maenpaa knew he was going to be spending the majority of his time with us warming the bench (barring injuries), whereas I suspect Mr Manu was thinking he would be a fairly regular starter.

I've read something to this effect from Maenpaa recently, and he is happy with it. Would rather be playing but.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here