Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping Cats Out of Gardens

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And how does a cat owner tell a cat that it can't go into a neighbours garden?
Very this - I keep telling them, and all I get is a blank stare

cats_hear-color.gif

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cats choose owners,my latest,a white cat (1 year old & just being let out now,but not at nights & free to roam)and my proud 1st of this colour could quite easily,decide fanny down the road and her garden,coupled with the food she offers is far more appealing,and ditch me in an instant....nope cats are free spirited and anybody getting agitated by cats needs to get out more,by that i mean get out and get to nature and see and appreciate all things above material,money,facebook and so forth,get back to basics...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd come round and shoot you lot if you shoot my cats -with my water pistol of course :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Even dog owners need to sleep, why would they let their dogs bark all night long,NORTH STAND CHAT the site that just keeps on giving,long may it reign

My attitude towards dog's is very north Korean. Primarily due to the 2 scooby doo dogs who I lived next door to who barked All the time when their owners went to work. Try working at home and not getting annoyed.

Don't get me started on people who don't clear up their dog shit. Wankers.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The interesting thing about these discussions is the person who doesn't own the cat is always told by cat owners that they should go spend their own money on products to keep someone elses cat out of their property. Like it's their financial duty to ensure the cat stays safe and well even though it's not their cat.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Statistics show that dog owners clean up their animals mess overwhelmingly more often than cat owners do when occuring outside of their own property.

Most cats do not leave their poop on the surface,they tend to bury it,for they wish not to give away their position to others or predators,further,they dislike the smell.....when was the last time you saw a dog take a dump and try to bury it?

The main reason a dog owner clears up more is because dogs have to be on leads,they don't have litter trays and cats cannot be followed.....sorry but cannot buy that argument.....it's dogs tight.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Statistics show that dog owners clean up their animals mess overwhelmingly more often than cat owners do when occuring outside of their own property.

Well that's obvious. If a dog shits the owner is standing right next to it. Unless you are a free runner it's pretty hard to follow a cat around.

I hate cats by the way.

Last edited:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Just wondering how the neighbours would react if I knocked on their door walked in and took a shit in the cat litter tray.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Most cats do not leave their poop on the surface,they tend to bury it,for they wish not to give away their position to others or predators,further,they dislike the smell.....when was the last time you saw a dog take a dump and try to bury it?

Most cats shit in someone else yard when outside is what you should have added as a reason their owners don't clean it up.

The main reason a dog owner clears up more is because dogs have to be on leads,they don't have litter trays and cats cannot be followed.....sorry but cannot buy that argument.....it's dogs tight.

So in reality cat every cat owner who lets their cat out to roam about is absolutely fine with their cat shitting on other peoples property.

And they say dog owners are irresponsible.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cats are decimating the native animal populations over here. Shoot to kill philosophy here.

I thought frogs/toads and wild/dogs were the problem? serious question from me,why are the cats so bad?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The interesting thing about these discussions is the person who doesn't own the cat is always told by cat owners that they should go spend their own money on products to keep someone elses cat out of their property. Like it's their financial duty to ensure the cat stays safe and well even though it's not their cat.

What harm does a cat do by going into a garden? This discussion is about stopping them going into a garden so if someone doesn't want any to into there, regardless of whether they left anything behind or not so why should the owner have to pay to stop them?

Should the owners charge their neighbours for the pest control that cats may provide (mice,rats, etc)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought frogs/toads and wild/dogs were the problem? serious question from me,why are the cats so bad?

Native animals have no natural defence against a predator killer like the cat.

The Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC), which runs private conservation reserves across the nation, released a report in December which estimated the impact of the 5-18 million feral cats on native species such as bilbies and numbats.

Each cat takes 5-30 animals a night, says the AWC, so (using a conservative population estimate of 15 million) they conclude that a minimum of 75 million native animals are killed daily. In a country struggling to conserve its unique fauna, the scale of this figure should not be underestimated.

http://www.australiangeographic.com...03/natural-born-killers-the-problem-with-cats

If it comes down to a native animal being in my backyard or a cat, the cat's going to get a slug put into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here