Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2z9eaue.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What was conditional? The compensation?

the length of contract so i gather, theres a performance clause allowing them to cut the length of contract and in effect the compensation. quite sensible really, and probably explains the rather long contract in the first place. fail to stay in Europe and its curtains, reducing the risk and costs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What was conditional? The compensation?

Obviously I don't know the full details but the suggestion has been that whilst he signed what was called a 5 year contract, it is in effect a 1 year contract with each subsequent year being conditional of qualification for the CL. That would provide them with them get out clause and Moyes is hardly likely to turn down the opportunity. Not dissimilar to the alleged 8 yr contract signed by Pardew which then turned out to only have a a one year compensation clause!!!

Not surprising if true bearing in mind Moyes was handicapped by a delayed start to his career just so utd didn't have to pay Everton compensation. Had he started when last season ended he would have had a further 6/7 weeks in the transfer market (and more importantly, would have entered the market at the same time as everyone else!!). Of course, that still might not have changed the outcome!!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nigel Farage was asked about David Moyes today - He answered that he did a fantastic job of getting Man Utd out of Europe and asked if he would like to do a similar job for UKIP?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Diego Simeone - Name your price

After tonight's bore fest and an inability to break down Chelsea that could be a great appointment - for the rest of the PL clubs.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Here's what Roy Keane had to say..........

"Tank de feckin' lord fer dat - der useless feckin' **** couldn't arganise a piss up in a feckin' brewery.
Dey are all a bunch o' feckin' ***** dere anyway - no fecker ever loiked me, even when I was stampin' on dat blue fecker Alfie Finglands Coach, or whatever da fecken' durty foreign bugger was called.
Oil tarmac any ****'s feckin droive if dey pay cash, an do a daycent job at dat, may all de saints preserve us an God bless dose who loik me, which is probably no fecker, seein' as I don't have a daycent word for any ****, and could start a feckin' fight in an empty phone box, so I could.
Now where's me feckin' money, ya feckin' bastids?"

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Don't feel sorry for Moyes he's going to get about £4M payoff from Utd and another £3M in Bonuses from Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously I don't know the full details but the suggestion has been that whilst he signed what was called a 5 year contract, it is in effect a 1 year contract with each subsequent year being conditional of qualification for the CL. That would provide them with them get out clause and Moyes is hardly likely to turn down the opportunity. Not dissimilar to the alleged 8 yr contract signed by Pardew which then turned out to only have a a one year compensation clause!!!

Not surprising if true bearing in mind Moyes was handicapped by a delayed start to his career just so utd didn't have to pay Everton compensation. Had he started when last season ended he would have had a further 6/7 weeks in the transfer market (and more importantly, would have entered the market at the same time as everyone else!!). Of course, that still might not have changed the outcome!!!

This does not make sense though. If you have a 6 year deal with a one year salary termination clause the CL condition is superflous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This does not make sense though. If you have a 6 year deal with a one year salary termination clause the CL condition is superflous.

According to my dodgy sources if United qualified for the CL then they would have had to pay up the remainder of the contract. Failure to qualify allowed the 12 month clause to kick in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My view is that he made his biggest mistake in the first weeks of his tenure by getting rid of the long serving, talented backroom staff and replacing them with his own.

I know this is not unusual for a lot of jobs, by the MU job wasn't ever going to be a usual job. Taking over from Ferguson wasn't going to be like taking over from any other manager. He should have retained the experience of Phelan and Muelensteen especially who would have smoothed the transition to what Moyes wanted to achieve. Moyes should have been patient in the transformation to his vision rather than expecting a squad to just buy into what he was doing immediately.

In a way, he's done what I think we as a club are protecting against, and that is that you don't just start over each time a new manager is appointed. You appoint a manager to fit your squad, coaching and club ethos, not appoint a manager to come in and revolutionise everything each time.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My view is that he made his biggest mistake in the first weeks of his tenure by getting rid of the long serving, talented backroom staff and replacing them with his own.

I know this is not unusual for a lot of jobs, by the MU job wasn't ever going to be a usual job. Taking over from Ferguson wasn't going to be like taking over from any other manager. He should have retained the experience of Phelan and Muelensteen especially who would have smoothed the transition to what Moyes wanted to achieve. Moyes should have been patient in the transformation to his vision rather than expecting a squad to just buy into what he was doing immediately.

In a way, he's done what I think we as a club are protecting against, and that is that you don't just start over each time a new manager is appointed. You appoint a manager to fit your squad, coaching and club ethos, not appoint a manager to come in and revolutionise everything each time.

30 odd million for Fellaini. Barking mad and must have fatally damaged his credibility right there and then. Ranks alongside Dalglish/Carroll

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's just the way Moyes works, Some managers will come in and work with most of an original backroom staff but quite often they have a wholesale clear out and bring their entire backroom team in with them. Sam Allardyce is one such manager. Don't forget Gus is part of a "team " with Tanno and Charlie in a similar way even though I'm not sure what Charlie brings to the table.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can definitely see Moyes in the running for the Spurs job now.

I actually like him as a manager, and I think wherever he goes next he will vindicate himself. I think anyone would have had a tough time going into OT after Fergie.

I thought that Daniel Levy had already tapped up Van Gaal for the Spurs job, it may be that Tim Sherwood keeps his job if Van Gaal goes to United. Not sure who would want to touch Moyes for a while given the fall out as regards inability to motivate and losing dressing rooms. Can't see how any chairman could sell Moyes to his clubs fans, his best bet is to try to redeem himself abroad.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure who would want to touch Moyes for a while given the fall out as regards inability to motivate and losing dressing rooms. Can't see how any chairman could sell Moyes to his clubs fans, his best bet is to try to redeem himself abroad.

Really? I would think he would walk into any Premiership team outside the top ten and certainly any Championship team. I certainly wouldn't mind him here if Oscar were to go. He consistently got a team with next to no money to spend (in premier league terms) in the top eight. He just couldn't handle Utd's egos but will be a better manager for the experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Don't you love these throwaway comments on Nsc? 90% of our coaching staff changed since last summer. Oscar brought 3 coaches with him including a gk coach, so Andy Beasly joined Poyet at Sunderland. Others left of their own accord, like Hinshelwood.
Matt Miller was reduced to water boy by the conditioning and fitness coach. He is now running his own business.

It's just the way Moyes works, Some managers will come in and work with most of an original backroom staff but quite often they have a wholesale clear out and bring their entire backroom team in with them. Sam Allardyce is one such manager. Don't forget Gus is part of a "team " with Tanno and Charlie in a similar way even though I'm not sure what Charlie brings to the table.

Maybe you should research Charlie's coaching qualifications, or is it still Charlie the clown who cannot know anything about football.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really? I would think he would walk into any Premiership team outside the top ten and certainly any Championship team. I certainly wouldn't mind him here if Oscar were to go. He consistently got a team with next to no money to spend (in premier league terms) in the top eight. He just couldn't handle Utd's egos but will be a better manager for the experience.

Really ? can you imagine the ridicule he would receive at any away ground in the Premiershp ? Chairmen may be idiots but they are not stupid. "lets have a look at the CV Mr Moyes... ah yes, 10 years of plodding along at Everton and 10 months of catastrophe at United ".
Players talk too, I'm pretty sure that what has happened recently will be all around the dressing rooms by this weekend and, as such, he will struggle to win over any Premiership squad that he is appointed to manage.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't you love these throwaway comments on Nsc? 90% of our coaching staff changed since last summer. Oscar brought 3 coaches with him including a gk coach, so Andy Beasly joined Poyet at Sunderland. Others left of their own accord, like Hinshelwood.
Matt Miller was reduced to water boy by the conditioning and fitness coach. He is now running his own business.

Maybe you should research Charlie's coaching qualifications, or is it still Charlie the clown who cannot know anything about football.

I never said he was a clown, just unsure of his abilities as a coach at Premiership level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here