Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Extra 500 Boro tickets already available

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well tickets were still available after we won at Birmingham and were readily available for the week leading up to the game.

As I've said, I appreciate the fact some supporters situations have changed and I feel for those that now can't get a ticket, but you have to appreciate the lack of sympathy for those that now want a ticket off the back of recent performances / results.

This isn't about being a better fan than anyone.

They were readily available for people with a very high number of loyalty points in the lead up to the Birmingham game, yes. They went on sale to general season ticket holders 2 days later and were certainly sold out by the middle of the following week. So a lot of people who have been to every home game and probably a few away will have still missed out. Obviously not everyone can go and, personally, I feel very sorry for those who wanted to but can't. You clearly don't. But then you do seem to be a bit of a bell-end, so that probably explains it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I haven't been able to get one either time despite having 1140 points. What is the point of a loyalty scheme if it isn't used. The jump was massive between the two barriers last time 1250 down to 1050 and this time it was ST holders only, both times it came down to the speed of your internet connection nothing more. Seems they have no problem selling me a ticket for Brum midweek or Forest but the big game is a bloody free for all...

If you have 1140 points, then why didn't you get yourself a ticket in the time that they were only on sale to fans with >1050 points, which was Monday 9am to Weds 9am a couple of weeks ago?

This is not an attempt to start an argument; I'm just pointing out that the club can't really be blamed for your situation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does anyone think that not all the 500 have been made available? It does say they go on sale on the phones and in person at 2pm so maybe some were kept back for this.

I'd have thought that was only if they hadn't sold out on the Internet.....although 500 in that short space of time is a little surprising.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If you have 1140 points, then why didn't you get yourself a ticket in the time that they were only on sale to fans with >1050 points, which was Monday 9am to Weds 9am a couple of weeks ago?

This is not an attempt to start an argument; I'm just pointing out that the club can't really be blamed for your situation.

My point exactly. Abuse me as much as you like but the club can't be blamed for the speed in which the tickets were sold today.

Season ticket holders with ample points have had plenty of opportunities to purchase since the tickets went on sale on the 31/3/16.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, I'm a season ticket holder and I went to QPR away and Birmingham away. The day after Birmingham I went to buy the Boro tickets and they had sold out. I've also missed out today, but that's OK because according to some people I don't deserve to be there.

I'll be at Charlton on Saturday. Do I deserve to be there [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION] ? Just let me know if it is OK to go along and support my team?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Could be because I had my card stolen and didn't get another one until it was too late? The club have in my opinion not handled it as efficiently as they could. Yes the card thing is bad luck and obviously not their fault but the jump down in points was large and turned the whole thing into a binfest that could've been avoided. This morning is worse, three times I got through to the buy tickets screen and three times no further. I was on and logged in at 8:55 hard to see what else I could've done?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Could be because I had my card stolen and didn't get another one until it was too late? The club have in my opinion not handled it as efficiently as they could. Yes the card thing is bad luck and obviously not their fault but the jump down in points was large and turned the whole thing into a binfest that could've been avoided. This morning is worse, three times I got through to the buy tickets screen and three times no further. I was on and logged in at 8:55 hard to see what else I could've done?
Losing your credit card is bad luck. However when they jumped down to 1050 points, they still didn't sell out - there were still a couple of hundred available when the sent on general season ticket holder sale - so it indicates that it was correct judgement.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So, I'm a season ticket holder and I went to QPR away and Birmingham away. The day after Birmingham I went to buy the Boro tickets and they had sold out. I've also missed out today, but that's OK because according to some people I don't deserve to be there.

I'll be at Charlton on Saturday. Do I deserve to be there [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION] ? Just let me know if it is OK to go along and support my team?

In sorry you didn't get a ticket, everyone deserve to be there but demand outweighs supply.

Not what you want to hear but the Boro tickets were on sale and readily available 10 days before the Birmingham game.

I expect the abuse but my point still remains, every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Boro game, the club can't be criticised in my opinion when the last 500 tickets released today sell out in minutes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
you have to appreciate the lack of sympathy for those that now want a ticket off the back of recent performances / results.

Why?

Middlesborough is the LAST GAME of the season.

Even if people WERE waiting to see our Fulham and QPR results before deciding to go, why should that be frowned upon? It's not like Boro is 1 hour away. It's losing a whole day to go and watch and A LOT of travel.

Maybe I'm a "bad fan" but I wouldn't pay £36+travel+food for the day to travel to the north (maybe 10 hours of total travelling) to watch a game where the result literally didn't matter for us.....and knowing I will see my team again this season in the playoffs. I wish I had the disposable income and time to, but I don't.

I made time knowing that this game now looked pivotal and I had been paid. Unfortunately missed out which is always a risk. Not quite sure why judgement on other people's situations needs to be made.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Losing your credit card is bad luck. However when they jumped down to 1050 points, they still didn't sell out - there were still a couple of hundred available when the sent on general season ticket holder sale - so it indicates that it was correct judgement.

I had my card back on the Thursday and there were none then. I still booked the hotels mind...

Anyone got any spares? :whistle:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In sorry you didn't get a ticket, everyone deserve to be there but demand outweighs supply.

Not what you want to hear but the Boro tickets were on sale and readily available 10 days before the Birmingham game.

I expect the abuse but my point still remains, every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Boro game, the club can't be criticised in my opinion when the last 500 tickets released today sell out in minutes.

I'm not criticising the club! I'm criticising you!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tickets just went back on sale on the site for about a nanosecond.

I can't hang around online all day as I'm now late for bloody meetings.

Ah well.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Bang on the money. I was in the same boat (1140 points). Got onto the site soon as they became available for ST holders and got it sorted. Always managed in the past the same way. Get in quick and you get tickets. Fanny around and wait and you miss out and end up moaning on here like a little girl.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Why?

Middlesborough is the LAST GAME of the season.

Even if people WERE waiting to see our Fulham and QPR results before deciding to go, why should that be frowned upon? It's not like Boro is 1 hour away.

It's not frowned upon and it doesn't make you a 'bad fan' it just means you have to understand your chances of getting a ticket are a lot less. I hope you manage to get a ticket.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bang on the money. I was in the same boat (1140 points). Got onto the site soon as they became available for ST holders and got it sorted. Always managed in the past the same way. Get in quick and you get tickets. Fanny around and wait and you miss out and end up moaning on here like a little girl.

Hardly. I think a lot of people actually play things game by game and have lives to sort out with families etc. If I just booked all the away games I wanted and also enjoyed the pleasure of my season ticket then I doubt I'd be particularly welcome home by Mrs Hamilton. It's not as simple as you make out.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
You are a prize plum. Nice attempt to avoid your own embarrassment. Congratulations, you are NSC's 'Knob of the Day!'

Keep the abuse coming, I'm still a little confused as to why I'm taking the blame for you not being able to get a ticket.

I've simply pointed out that every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity since March 31st to buy a ticket for this game if they wished to do so.

Personal circumstances change, granted and for those people I genuinley feel sorry for, but I can't have any sympathy for those that have waited till this late stage to try and buy a ticket and then moan when the last 500 sell out in minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here