Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handful of tickets left for Newcastle and ticket exchange now active

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This is you keeping it simple? Let me guess, you accuse quite a few people of being 'slow on the uptake'?

You've submitted a further load of waffle with no substance to augment your accusation that i'm somehow overly critical, and to in effect say 'The club has lots of decisions to make, we don't know them all and therefore looking from the outside in, we cannot comment'.

The example of moving the attendance announcement does translate well, having first mentioned it in response to your condescending remark about the club having 'other priorities' over and above something as negligible as crowd impact. This example is clearly indicative of the club being very much aware of crowd impact and have made decisions based on the premise alone.

You'd think I was carrying a torch and pitchfork or something, I wasn't even criticising, more suggesting it might be something we come to regret. Of course, we could beat or draw with Newcastle, but by the same token they could beat us and that may prompt questions as to why a maximum away allocation was given in a game that was a home sell out nearly 3 weeks before the event, especially considering we have not always done so in the past.

I would suggest, as a previous poster commented, the timing of the match (weekday evening) and the subsequent rearrangement caused us to underestimate the home demand for tickets. From information i've received today, I already feel quite vindicated on this point, so i'll leave you to your contrived crusade that nobody outside of the club can possibly pass comment.

Of course people outside the club can comment. My comment was about the quality of that comment, in your case lamentably poor.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd hazard a guess that the club's perspective & priorities may not be the same as a handful of fans fretting about the balance of the home to away allocation.

Not so much a handful of Albion fans, more a near 50% increase in the away contingent.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not so much a handful of Albion fans, more a near 50% increase in the away contingent.

The "handful of fans" was a reference to those on here fretting about the decision, not the numbers or percentage involved. Perhaps I should have used posters not fans.

There are just 3 tickets in the family stand and 7 in the premium 1901 section.

The club have activated the season ticket exchange, but unless you went onto the ticketing part of the website you would not find the link. If you can't make it, the link below is where you can make your seats available. Here's hoping the club promote this so that everyone who can't make it will make their seat available.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NUFC1718resale

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The club have activated the season ticket exchange, but unless you went onto the ticketing part of the website you would not find the link. If you can't make it, the link below is where you can make your seats available. Here's hoping the club promote this so that everyone who can't make it will make their seat available.

Sometimes you would think that the club almost don't want the ticket exchange scheme to work. They certainly don't go out of their way to publicise it. I wonder how many season ticket holders even know that it exists?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Just tried to list ours for resale via the link on the Seagulls Tickets website. The page it sends you to does not appear to be a resale page rather it is a stadium map for buying seats.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Thanks as ever kingcole.

I suggest you start a new thread to publicise this properly, or at least get the mods to modify the title of this one. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

PG

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Is it worth a mod creating a sticky to publicise it?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Just tried to list ours for resale via the link on the Seagulls Tickets website. The page it sends you to does not appear to be a resale page rather it is a stadium map for buying seats.

Actually, ignore that. Seems the link doesn't work with Safari. Chrome works fine.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

with all the fixture changes I've maxed out on upgrades of my sons under 18 ticket and the club refuses to allow me to take a full paying guest in his place. Voucher is pointless. Club needs to be more flexible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
with all the fixture changes I've maxed out on upgrades of my sons under 18 ticket and the club refuses to allow me to take a full paying guest in his place. Voucher is pointless. Club needs to be more flexible.

You can upgrade the ticket for the rest of the season. Means you're paying a bit over the odds when your son comes but ensures it can be used when he can't. If your "guests" pay a little extra it should cover your outlay, as they'll be getting a very cheap ticket relative to gate prices.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I e-mailed Jenny Glover on this issue last week and was told it is not possible, even offered to pay full price for a mate but was told the system can't accommodate this. Unless the poilicy has changed in the last few days.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Anyone who misses this game should be fined. If you can't make it, give your ticket to a friend or sell it for thousands.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
The ticket exchange is hosted by Survey Monkey? Blimey, that's a bit Heath Robinson.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I e-mailed Jenny Glover on this issue last week and was told it is not possible, even offered to pay full price for a mate but was told the system can't accommodate this. Unless the poilicy has changed in the last few days.

The club published a policy on this. If you have used all your match-by-match upgrades (6, I think) then you could upgrade the season ticket for the remainder of the season.

So you'd have to pay the difference between the u18 season ticket and an adult season ticket pro-rata-ed for the number of games left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here