Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 points from the next four

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well its certainly no need to over complicate things. Win every game and we are up. Really is that simple.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fortunately I can't see Burnley picking up more than us either, but Boro will have one foot in the premier league.
Burnley don't need more point than us.

Didn't we do it 2012/13?

25.08.2012 Barnsley home W5-1
01.09.2012 Burnley away W3-1
14.09.2012 Sheff W home W3-0
18.09.2012 Watford away W1-0
22.09.2012 Millwall away W2-1
Oo yes, well played. Promotion it is.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think I'll shut NSC down other than for an hour immediately following each game when it will be open again for fans to ONLY discuss the facts pertaining to the fixture that has just completed.

There is really no place in football for hope, conjecture and a good old dose of romanticism.

I think you miss the point Bozza. Part of the debate is to logically question the certainty with which conjecture is likely to happen. Of course people can speculate - we spent hours in pubs in Brum yesterday doing just that - but presenting outcomes based on odds of thousands to 1 as if they are (very) likely to happen needs to be critiqued.

PG

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Burnley right now strike me as being in a similar place to where we were back in December.

Clinging on to a long unbeaten run by their fingernails, but no longer winning games by outplaying opponents, and drawing a lot more than they win. The defeat (s) always felt just around the corner by that stage (to me at least). Sean Dyche was very tetchy with the BBC Radio reporter last night who asked him about the fact they'd not won in three, and kept resorting back to the non-goal at the Amex on Saturday. Which of course wouldn't actually have guaranteed them a win in that game, any more than Barton being sent off would have guaranteed us one. He also kept on about how far behind they were until they started their unbeaten run, and what an achievement it was for them even to be up there (yeah, righto Sean, tell that to your frustrated fans last night). He's feeling the pressure as much as any of us are, no doubt.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Of course people can speculate - we spent hours in pubs in Brum yesterday doing just that -

PG

And how wrong were we all in those pre-match pub debates last night, eh? :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's feeling the pressure as much as any of us are, no doubt.
Perhaps you mean he's feeling it more than the rest of us? If he's feeling the same, it's not really helping us.

They're remaining fixtures are fairly similar to ours, just a touch easier, and we've got to get 3 more points than them. It's a tall order.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think you miss the point Bozza. Part of the debate is to logically question the certainty with which conjecture is likely to happen. Of course people can speculate - we spent hours in pubs in Brum yesterday doing just that - but presenting outcomes based on odds of thousands to 1 as if they are (very) likely to happen needs to be critiqued.

PG

The odds are not thousands to one though, are they, which is my point.

We're 5/4 to win at Forest (1 point from 15 and 1 win in their last 10). At home to Fulham and QPR we will be odds on, as we may well be at Charlton who could very well be relegated by then. It's probably a 16/1 (at the very best) shot of four straight wins.

I'll say that I've been one of those saying "don't be so hasty" when others have looked at fixtures of our rivals and said they'll win and nearly every week at least one of them hasn't. This division is ridiculously competitive and tough to call - we all know that.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The odds are not thousands to one though, are they, which is my point.
[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and I were commenting specifically on a post that predicted the next 5 results for the top 3. The odds on all those being correct are many thousands to 1.

PG

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A look at how the top teams have handled the pressure :

Derby : Chairman in dressing room shouting the odds.

Middlesbrough : On off resignation of Karanka. Rumours of bad apples, fists thrown and chairs luzzed.

Hull : Bruce linked with and dreaming of an exit to Villa ?

Burnley : Barton's thuggery and Dyche losing it in successive interviews.

Albion : Total calm professionalism from Hughton, Bloom and the whole team and setup.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think and hope Burnley will drop points against Brum and also either Leeds, who were awful against us , or PNE. Then beat Middlesbro and then ig is down to what we do entirely.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You would make a great manager

Easy there fella.

[MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] has a job to sort out the railways first. Once he's done there, we can think about where else could benefit from his special talents.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy there fella.
[MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] has a job to sort out the railways first. Once he's done there, we can think about where else could benefit from his special talents.

Can you believe Southern turned me down for their customer feedback/focus group.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A look at how the top teams have handled the pressure :

Derby : Chairman in dressing room shouting the odds.

Middlesbrough : On off resignation of Karanka. Rumours of bad apples, fists thrown and chairs luzzed.

Hull : Bruce linked with and dreaming of an exit to Villa ?

Burnley : Barton's thuggery and Dyche losing it in successive interviews.

Albion : Total calm professionalism from Hughton, Bloom and the whole team and setup.

Agreed and maybe Bruce should jump quickly before Hull fall any further and even Villa don't want him anymore!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hull are far from finished with regard to a top 2 spot in my opinion.

I would bloody snap your hands off for 9 points from next 4 games.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Today is the FIRST time I've even entertained myself with the idea of Automatic Promotion.

Up to this point I've still be treating it as "a good start" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here