Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Brighton win, Hudds draw we're going up whatever (I think) and that's the way I think the results are going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A bunch of 3-0 defeats for us and a run of 3-0 wins for Hudds will swing it.

Personally I'm not quite sure how I'll react to a 3pm win yet....and how I'll react if Hudds win. I'll be happy for sure, not certain if I'll be going bat-shit and buying bottles of champagne though.

Let's say we scrape 1-0 tomorrow. That's puts us +32 on Hudds. There will be 7 games to reverse that......so let's assume :

Hudds have 4 x 5-0 wins (when was the last time they scored 5 without conceding ?)
We have 3 x 4-0 defeats (when was the last time we conceded 4?)

Even that only brings them level. Win tomorrow, we're up. I'm putting a bottle or two in the fridge ready.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's say we scrape 1-0 tomorrow. That's puts us +32 on Hudds. There will be 7 games to reverse that......so let's assume :

Hudds have 4 x 5-0 wins (when was the last time they scored 5 without conceding ?)
We have 3 x 4-0 defeats (when was the last time we conceded 4?)

Even that only brings them level. Win tomorrow, we're up. I'm putting a bottle or two in the fridge ready.
That all sounds good, but unfortunately there will be 8 games for Huddersfield to reverse the GD (3 for us, 5 for them). Looks like it's the playoffs again.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
That all sounds good, but unfortunately there will be 8 games for Huddersfield to reverse the GD (3 for us, 5 for them). Looks like it's the playoffs again.
Basically, a 1 goal win for us tomorrow would mean on average us having to lose all three remaining games by 4 goals and Huddersfield win all five of theirs by 4. Thats just to put their GD level with ours. Not going to happen. We can celebrate with a win tomorrow

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Basically, a 1 goal win for us tomorrow would mean on average us having to lose all three remaining games by 4 goals and Huddersfield win all four of theirs by 4. Thats just to put their GD level with ours. Not going to happen. We can celebrate with a win tomorrow
???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's basically where we see a lot of running around and the ball ends up in the Albion net more often than in the other team's net.
Got it. Now WTF does dose mean?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think Wigan will come for a point tomorrow... What 'dose' that mean?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
...covering the possibility we might LOSE tomorrow then. :lolol:

I'm coming down to the stadium and then the town without a ticket. Even if I can't get in, I just want to be there if and when it happens. Anybody else going down without a ticket?
Lose every game and we'll go up:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do sense that many fans think victory tomorrow is a foregone conclusion. Easy to understand why, given our respective positions. Being very close to promotion does tend to throw up some weird results now and again though, so I think we need to treat them with a certain degree of respect (or, treat them exactly the same as we do any opposition).

Thankfully, Chris Hughton is not a man for complacency, and I strongly believe he'll have the team focused (and would kick their arses if they weren't). It's inevitable that the players will feel some degree of excitement over and above a "normal" game, and perhaps it might take another half time settling-down sort of team talk to set us on our way, but hopefully he- and the players- will be more objectively calm than the rest of us :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The way Wigan fought back to win the game, on Friday, when 2-0 down, makes it a real possibility. I'm not expecting a win, but hope we do. It was only 1-0 away so not a foregone conclusion like many seem to think.

Yes but did you see how crap the Barnsley keeper was for Wigan's first two goals

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do sense that many fans think victory tomorrow is a foregone conclusion.
Certainly not me, and probably not Stat Bro either.
I think we need to treat them with a certain degree of respect (or, treat them exactly the same as we do any opposition).
The players will. We need to create an atmosphere like we did against Wednesday :lol: Not a party atmosphere, but a 'attack attack attack' atmosphere.

Thankfully, Chris Hughton is not a man for complacency, and I strongly believe he'll have the team focused (and would kick their arses if they weren't).
Definitely, and even if we do get the right result tomorrow we'll still need them focused on the remaining games, there's a title to fight for.

It's inevitable that the players will feel some degree of excitement over and above a "normal" game, and perhaps it might take another half time settling-down sort of team talk to set us on our way, but hopefully he- and the players- will be more objectively calm than the rest of us :)
Hopefully we'll see Murray telling Knocky to calm down after scoring his hat-trick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here