Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shameless plug alert.
Our very own beers, born and bred in Surrenden Road will be on sale from next Friday. Free samples aplenty at the launch evening at Quaff right on Fiveways.
There's an APA and a Golden Ale available in keg and cans. We love them but it would be great to get feedback.
86b23c1e7965e7f9a0e1c2144b702a40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also available at Seven Cellars in Seven Dials. I shall give them a whirl, always happy to support local business.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For the Worthng folk on here i highly recommend trying out The Brooksteed Ale House near the station

Brilliant isn't it. I believe he is opening another one by West Worthing station in the old bakery. Being fitted out at the moment

Jul 7, 2003
Yes i did hear this recently at a wedding! I hope so because the Brooksteed just isn't big enough with the must be seated rule and no outside seating.

Must be seated rue has been lifted for a while now. Still not big enough though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd like to turn you on, if I may, to the new offering brewed 'exclusively for' the very excellent Hartley's offie chain by www.360degreebrewing.com. ALE ACTUALLY is a session pale ale, hop types: 'amarillo, mosaic & chinook', ABV: 4.3%. Very nice, quite grapefruity, perfect summertime drinking. Two cans for four quid, pre-purchase tasting available, from Hartley's bottom of Preston Drove and presumably their other branches also.

You have not been charged for this info. I have not been paid to provide this info. Just a heads-up for a damn tasty beer :thumbsup:

Oh, and an excellent poem type thing on the side of the can:

"Here's to the day trippers that clog up our city on sunny days,
Where people try to paddle a transit van around the pier
And the seagulls aren't your friends unless you're watching football,
Here's to the naked bike ride, pride parades and the train service that takes you nowhere.

This is Brighton & Hove, Sussex by the sea,
This is our city and we love it, actually."

:bowdown:

I've got to be honest I bought some tonight and was looking forward to it, but to my taste it was over hopped, floral nonsense. Although that is the current trend, it's not for me. But thanks for the heads up anyway!!!!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
We've home brewed for almost 2 years to perfect the recipes though.
Should be a very exciting week ahead....

Big fan of local ales, any more info? What name are yoy brewing under? Need to try this!
Also available at Seven Cellars in Seven Dials. I shall give them a whirl, always happy to support local business.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I've got to be honest I bought some tonight and was looking forward to it, but to my taste it was over hopped, floral nonsense. Although that is the current trend, it's not for me. But thanks for the heads up anyway!!!!
2 for 4 quid is reasonable, I found it was a grower but I know what you mean, quite samey to a lot of the Craft stuff, but with a local can...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For the Worthng folk on here i highly recommend trying out The Brooksteed Ale House near the station

The only thing that pisses me off about Brookstead is I generally go for a beer with my wife. She likes lagers on tap. Not Fosters and the like but good ones from the Camdens the Meantimes and the Thornbridges of this world. Helles, Kolnes (sp) but they don't do anything like that. Maybe it's the cost of the chillers I don't know but it's a shame from my viewpoint.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
i guess it's also space too, its no where near big enough. could be double the size and they would fill it!

I think what they do well though is wine, not a lot of these little micro pubs do wine. The one in shoreham is a prime example, the star?

Jul 7, 2003
Is there an opening date yet only he is hand crafting the furniture himself so not sure how long it will take? Will be looking forward to it.

I haven't seen a date and haven't been past for a while and avoiding Tarring at the moment as the traffic is so bad since Poulters Lane has been shut.

Jul 7, 2003
Had a pint and a half of their Cali in The Goose last night. Lovely. On tap.

Very disappointed with the Goose the other week. We went in on the Sunday of Bank Holiday weekend and seven of the taps were off. Reduced selection of bottles and cans compared to when they first opened. Not sure what is happening as the extra taps on the back wall seem to be for decoration as they have been there for ages without being used. Also found the music very loud in there on our last few visits.

The only thing that pisses me off about Brookstead is I generally go for a beer with my wife. She likes lagers on tap. Not Fosters and the like but good ones from the Camdens the Meantimes and the Thornbridges of this world. Helles, Kolnes (sp) but they don't do anything like that. Maybe it's the cost of the chillers I don't know but it's a shame from my viewpoint.

Strange - I have always found the selection of lager type beers in there okay but I guess it depends on what they have in at the time. I don't like hoppy ales but do like a lot of fruity / sour beers so maybe your wife might like to try them instead.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Shameless plug alert.
Our very own beers, born and bred in Surrenden Road will be on sale from next Friday. Free samples aplenty at the launch evening at Quaff right on Fiveways.
There's an APA and a Golden Ale available in keg and cans. We love them but it would be great to get feedback.
86b23c1e7965e7f9a0e1c2144b702a40.jpg

Saw these in Bison Beer today. Now I know they're local I'm intrigued! Will pick one up on my next visit. Today I had Version 2 of the Siren Proteus IPA. Not a fan. Seemed to me to be too hoppy and no flavour. I love Cloudwater's DIPA V7, but I was with a straight-edge friend and didn't want to go too strong.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Big fan of local ales, any more info? What name are yoy brewing under? Need to try this!

Yes indeed. Most* bottle shops across town now have them. We're also on draught in a few pubs. Lost+Found is the brewery name.
We've had mostly great reviews on Untappd which is great.
It's gone way better than expected and hundreds of cases and dozens of kegs sold in our first 3 weeks means we've almost run out.
We're brewing as much as we can now to try to keep up.

* Bizarrely Trafalgar Wines said people had been coming in asking for it but he didn't want to stock it.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
f4dc128009732fd0931b1ffd2fd41f03.jpg

Next up is a Swatch watch based design can for our new IPA. It'll be launched late September.
I think the black can is ridiculously sexy.
It'll be a 6.2%.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f4dc128009732fd0931b1ffd2fd41f03.jpg

Next up is a Swatch watch based design can for our new IPA. It'll be launched late September.
I think the black can is ridiculously sexy.
It'll be a 6.2%.

Really pleased it's going well for you. And yes, that can is sexy!

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reigniting this thread.

Went to the Craft Beer Co on Upper North Street last night. Very impressed. Must of had near on 30 options on tap and maybe the same in bottles in fridges. Liked the decor too and good location. Near enough to town but hidden enough to keep the riff-raff out.

Highly recommend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here