Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not all, some may be hopeful of POTG [aka on the day] as advanced planning not feasible.

Will this be likely or will it be advanced ticket only?

Likewise. I'm having an op on 4th March, so will be making sure of my recovery before committing to this. Pretty sure I'll be there though. Hopefully decide in time for advanced purchase, though, rather than POTG.

I'm sure there will be plenty of unsold seats available on the day.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Despite the bitter taste left behind when Wimbledon was picked up and dropped down in Milton Keynes, I do think there has to come a point when it becomes 'live and let live'.

I know there will be many who will disagree with that - I both understand and respect that. I'll try and explain...

There will be young kids, of similar ages to many of our own children, for whom MK Dons is and had always been their club. They've been brought up as MK Dons fans in the same way as my kids have been brought up to be Albion fans. They will have the same passions and emotions about their club and, hopefully, will keep the football bug as they get older. I don't believe they deserve scorn from the rest of the football world for the rest of their supporting lives. They had no involvement in the moving of the club, and were pretty much born into this.

I sort of agree with this.

I still wish we could have a song as brilliant as the AFC fans to sing there, though.

"Where were you when you were us?" is my favourite ever football chant.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The large home crowds don't mean bigger away followings - see the piss poor turnout at Hull on tuesday.
No, our away support is pretty shit unless it's local. See Reading.

I haven't quite worked out why, maybe because the amex is so good, maybe because so many people are paying by DD that they can't justify even more of their monthly outgoings on football...who knows

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A lot of people preferred going away in those days as Withdean was so poor. I'm not convinced we'll sell more.

Green has it spot on-Although it would be great to get 6000,it simply won't happen...this is the nailed on reason why.....high 3s at best..

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I thought we lost 2-0 which left us looking certain to go down before Slade's great escape.
Indeed you are correct, however I'm still pretty sure it's the same game which Barndoor took some stick, the 0-0 bore draw was the following season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed you are correct, however I'm still pretty sure it's the same game which Barndoor took some stick, the 0-0 bore draw was the following season

Davies didn't play in the 0-0, which was Dunk's debut - when Arismendi got sent off. (Unless there were two 0-0s?)

Jimmy Grimble

Davies didn't play in the 0-0, which was Dunk's debut - when Arismendi got sent off. (Unless there were two 0-0s?)

No, just one. I thought the left side/right side chant was the 0-0 game and the 0-2 was the one where Davies got abused (it was an awful miss). Remember thinking after that game that we were going to get relegated.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just made my purchase. I wanna experience the same atmosphere as Fulham all over again.

Bloody hell, don't get your hopes up.

Craven Cottage is a lovely, proper old fashioned football ground with free-for all seating (ish), is generally nearly full when we play there, attended by proper football fans, and in a great part of London with a range of easy transport connections and excellent pubs aplenty. And we sometimes win.

Stadium:MK is a large black monolith located in the middle of an industrial estate/retail park in a crap town, is always three quarters empty, the only noise being thunder sticks and the screeching of a few hundred school kids wearing Man United & Chelsea shirts, on freebie tickets. The stewards are horrifically unhelpful, and it's miles from any good pubs. And we've never even scored a goal there.

The only thing I can find to praise MK Dons about is that those tickets are extremely cheap, and the seats have plenty of legroom.

Enjoy your day, let's hope it's a good one. But do not under any circumstances expect it to be like Fulham :lol:

Feb 14, 2010
Despite the bitter taste left behind when Wimbledon was picked up and dropped down in Milton Keynes, I do think there has to come a point when it becomes 'live and let live'.

I know there will be many who will disagree with that - I both understand and respect that. I'll try and explain...

There will be young kids, of similar ages to many of our own children, for whom MK Dons is and had always been their club. They've been brought up as MK Dons fans in the same way as my kids have been brought up to be Albion fans. They will have the same passions and emotions about their club and, hopefully, will keep the football bug as they get older. I don't believe they deserve scorn from the rest of the football world for the rest of their supporting lives. They had no involvement in the moving of the club, and were pretty much born into this.

I think you need to ban yourself Bozza. That lot tried to take the Albion there. Now that would have made York City, BISA and the rest irrelevant. We didnt do all that to accept what happened to Wimbledon. Live and let live my arse, this club should be boycotted and we shouldnt do any business with them. JFC shouldnt be there with our history. Anyone who pays them their turnstile money should look at themselves. I still have not forgiven myself for going, only excuse I had was wanting to see a great friend who lives in MK.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
I do love hearing people from mk rewrite history.

Back in 1999/2000 I worked on a huge construction project in mk. At one meeting with the council leader and the director of environmental services, they talked about plans for a new 'soccer' stadium (their words not mine). When I asked who it was for, they said they didn't care as they would easily attract someone. Luton and Northampton were quoted as well as Wimbledon.

This wasn't some coincidence that it was Wimbledon, it was a premeditated plan to attract a club.

That really sums Milton Keynes up to a tee.
I lived there from 1998 to 2014 and I found the experience a disaster. The residents were like zombies, no emotions, no character and no idea about life. Sports wise, they appeared to roam around the shopping centre in their Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure and Liverpool shirts. Many were fans of american football and ice hockey need I say more.
As for the soccerball team, and I make no apology for that phrase, they should by rights have risen correctly up the league pyramid prior to being in the Football League. Franchise by name, franchise by nature it seems.
As for their new soulless stadium, which incidentally is the coldest in the league, even in April, I was once advised by a third party close to the Council that the funding was questionable. I was also told that the chairman, despite having the appearance of an old hobo, was a millionaire, albeit his limited wealth could not have procured it's construction etc. Draw your own conclusions.
So out of principle I will not be returning to put £12 into the MK Don's pockets, however cheap the tickets are on the day, neither will I ever return to that non descript town in the middle of nowhere which even had the temerity to call itself a city !
I even told the Chief Exec of Milton Keynes Council in no uncertain terms. Shortly afterwards the road signs were removed. Plastic town for plastic people. They deserve each other.
Strangely enough, MK is teeming with BHA fans, albeit many have dropped away from attending since the early 2000's.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bloody hell, don't get your hopes up.

Craven Cottage is a lovely, proper old fashioned football ground with free-for all seating (ish), is generally nearly full when we play there, attended by proper football fans, and in a great part of London with a range of easy transport connections and excellent pubs aplenty. And we sometimes win.

Stadium:MK is a large black monolith located in the middle of an industrial estate/retail park in a crap town, is always three quarters empty, the only noise being thunder sticks and the screeching of a few hundred school kids wearing Man United & Chelsea shirts, on freebie tickets. The stewards are horrifically unhelpful, and it's miles from any good pubs. And we've never even scored a goal there.

The only thing I can find to praise MK Dons about is that those tickets are extremely cheap, and the seats have plenty of legroom.

Enjoy your day, let's hope it's a good one. But do not under any circumstances expect it to be like Fulham :lol:

You forgot they also have a prick on a drum :facepalm:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I think you need to ban yourself Bozza. That lot tried to take the Albion there. Now that would have made York City, BISA and the rest irrelevant. We didnt do all that to accept what happened to Wimbledon. Live and let live my arse, this club should be boycotted and we shouldnt do any business with them. JFC shouldnt be there with our history. Anyone who pays them their turnstile money should look at themselves. I still have not forgiven myself for going, only excuse I had was wanting to see a great friend who lives in MK.

You Preach to others and then go yourself on the most stupid excuse I've ever heard? Then feel guilty after! Your just a hypocrite

Feb 14, 2010
You Preach to others and then go yourself on the most stupid excuse I've ever heard? Then feel guilty after! Your just a hypocrite

I cannot do anything but plead guilty. I have some mitigation to out forward in the hope of a reduced sentence but you are absolutely right, I am guilty as charged. I shouldn't have gone and never would again. That "club" should be frozen out and we really shouldnt even dream of doing business with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here