Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we bin off adverts from The S*n on here please Bozza?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't seem to get adverts.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
We don't sell ad slots to specific companies and (as I'm sure someone will be along to tell you shortly) what you see in ad banners is at least partly do to your prior browsing habits.

I have never seen a Sun ad banner on NSC.

All that said, only one ad network we use allows highly granular blocking of companies appearing in ad units. I'll look to see if they've been serving Sun ads and, if so, I'll block them.

it's more likely display placement advert targeting a football forum, on the assumption they are more likely to be up for fantasy football (than say Gardeners Weekly). It can only be re-marketing (based on search habits) if he visited the sun site.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's a bit 'Jeremy Corbyn' isn't it?... if you don't like a point if view, debate it or ignore it... you can't just ban it... I don't read it.. but I suspect many on here do...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
This place is better than those scumbags....

View attachment 87661

Get over yourself mate. Or are you one of those pathetic t**ts that looks for any reason they possibly can to jump on some liberal bandwagon issue they think is "right on" and then try and turn it into some public shaming issue as if it's in some way a bad thing to have the audacity to like a certain newspaper!
Not really that difficult to cope with 'the major issues'...you obviously feel this is??...if you don't like or agree with that newspapers stance or whatever.....don't buy it, look at it or click on it!!!
Getting your knickers in a twist over an advert....pathetic!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You know when you do something for good intentions and it all goes wrong?

That.

Someone posting Can we bin it please, is hardly telling someone what to do. It reads like a request which even had a question mark.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As odious as the Mail is, it wasn't involved in one of the biggest lies against football fans in the history of the game. It doesn't hack the phones of dead kids either.

Where do you draw the line ? The Mirror faked terrible photos of Iraqi detainees putting allied soldiers and civilians lives at risk. That was truly a despicable thing to do. Lie to the world about our armed forces.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What about if they contribute a decent amount of money to REMF?

If you don't like The Sun, then don't read it or click on their links. Don't tell other people what they can and can't see!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

This is how i feel about it. Does annoy me when people preach to others what they can and cannot do to suit there agenda.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
download (1).jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where do you draw the line ?

On a football forum I'd say with current football related issues and/or solidarity with other clubs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On a football forum I'd say with current football related issues and/or solidarity with other clubs.

Nah, People should have a choice after all it's a free country isn't it ? Not be dictated too. What happened was terrible yes. I don't need to show solidarity with other clubs.. Again it's about choice

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nah, People should have a choice after all it's a free country isn't it ? Not be dictated too. What happened was terrible yes. I don't need to show solidarity with other clubs.. Again it's about choice

.....and it's [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here