Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is that it then?

Are we done for the day?

• Total voters

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Window not closed yet, whatever Naylor has been told is total horseshit. I still believe we will sign one more.

What makes you so confident that "whatever Naylor has been told is total horseshit"?

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I'm still in Hope that we can sign a creative midfielder - Until then I don't see us scoring the amount of goals needed to win games. I also believe that Buckley/Lua Lua need to step up their game if were to push for play-offs. Not enough quality being shows from these two IMO

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
He is hardly going to come out and say that we are definately going to be signing more players today - why should he - we will all find out for definate in due course - patience is a virtue

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Effort and ambition?
We have sold El Abd (bench), Barnes (marmite) and Bridcutt (square peg).......for a healthy sum.
Replaced Barnes twice and Bridcutt and will v prob replace El Abd.
We have kept Buckley and got Monakana as an extra option.
We have March, CMS and Hoskins all ready to explode into life.
We have a loan window imminent and money to spend in it.
We havent shipped in a big big name. Who did you want?

Please please stop playing the super fan card. I really can't be arsed to explain. It really is simple. Thousands of JCL BHA fans and some die hard ones will question the clubs ambition. As it stands our squad isn't good enough to finish top 6 but we are very close. It's pretty much make or break. It could also have a big impact on season ticket sales.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All this talk of premier league ready is nonsense. You can have the best infrastructure in the world but it's the players that cross the line every week who will ultimately get us to the promised land.

No if's, and's or but's, that's the bottom line. :clap2:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Seems to me that:

1. We were weaker at the start of this season than we were at the start of last season

2. We are weaker going into the second half of this season than we were at the start of this season.

3. We are nailed-on favourites for FFP's Accountants Of The Year Award. YAAAAY! (if you're an accountant)

And Barber will win another award :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree. Would have thought we need another CB but i guess we could rely on a loan if and when we needed one. As for other positions I was hoping for another winger but again you could argue this would be unnecessary with Buckers, Kaz and now the emerging March. For me the injury of Crofts is the most significant loss and I guess Stephens is the replacement for him. Assuming we play 433 the choices are now:-
Goalkeepers:-We have 3
Full backs:- 4
CBack:- 3 (one short as you say)
Midfielders:- 5 (JFC,Kemy,Ince,Andrews,Stephens….possibly one short?)
Wingers:- 5 (Kaz,Buck,March,Lopez,Orlandi…..and I know I am describing the last two as wingers..)
Forwards:- 3 (Ulloa,Obika,Rodriguez)
Pretty good squad

I agree with SockMonster… I always agree with SockMonster. He is the font of all knowledge! ;-)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I'm still in Hope that we can sign a creative midfielder - Until then I don't see us scoring the amount of goals needed to win games. I also believe that Buckley/Lua Lua need to step up their game if were to push for play-offs. Not enough quality being shows from these two IMO

Sorry, but I think Kaz has been superb lately. But for the woodwork and some solid goal keeping, he would have scored a couple of top quality goals in recent home games. He is contributing plenty and seems more focused.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Pleas please stop playing the super fan card. I really can't be arsed to explain. It really is simple. Thousands of JCL BHA fans and some die hard ones will question the clubs ambition. As it stands our squad isn't good enough to finish top 6 but we are very close. It's pretty much make or break. It could also have a big impact on season ticket sales.

I'm not sure you mean that. I'm playing my positive card though if that's what you mean....probably because I want to give needy and negative fans something to stay excited about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't really give that much of a shit really on a personal basis. The Withdean Five Thousand will still be there and with the added bonus of shorter train queues. Its the other 20,000 the club should be worrying about :wave:

100% agree. NSC offers a strongly loyal biased view. The butterflies will fly away if we are not competitive / show no ambition.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You can say 250/300k for El Abd if you want. It won't make it true though.

Excellent stuff mate, I was quite clearly guessing at a value for a quality League 1 CB, if you knew the price then really the need for the patronising posting is pretty pointless.

In real life, that post gets a "Actually mate, it wasn't X price, it was this, I've heard or seen from an article or someone ITK, just so you can see the picture clearer. "

On NSC on deadline day? Forget it, just pointless condescending nonsense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Window not closed yet, whatever Naylor has been told is total horseshit. I still believe we will sign one more.

I sincerely hope you're right Giraffe. For the club's sake.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've already been flamed by a few self righteous types for being bold enough to suggest, at this point, the window has been a disappointment :rolleyes:
Up until this point yes. It's been a disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here