Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was just all so MEH.

Ironically, last nights episode was the best one by quite a way in my view.

Rory Reid (apologies if I've got that wrong) is the most natural by quite some way in my opinion.

They could do a lot worse than sticking with Reid, Le Blanc and the other chap as the new trio even though that'll never reach the heights of the original 3.

Eddie Jordans cameos made me want to punch the TV and Sabine was more wooden than a very wooden wood thing. Let her drive, almost as the new stig. Don't let her present or act, its horrendous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why the Sun has hounded him over the past months is beyond me. I suppose they got bored of ripping Gordon Ramsey to shreds so they started on Chris Evans. Disgusting excuse for a paper.

Same with the Mail. Seems like they were desperate for it - and Evans - to fail, so I guess they got what they wanted. The slagging never stopped.

Evans isn't everybodies cup of tea, but I don't think he deserved the constant bile he received when taking this on. I guess we just don't like rich, successful, self-made people in this country do we.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just didn't need all the incessant hate and abuse that came with it I guess.

I didn't mind him. Wouldn't say I liked him but never induced the irritation that some people express. First series post Clarkson was always going to be a bit David Moyes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't mind him. Wouldn't say I liked him but never induced the irritation that some people express. First series post Clarkson was always going to be a bit David Moyes.

Now there's an adjective that could enter into the popular vernacular.

"Tried his best, but he was always going to end up getting Moysed"
"Yeah. He was on a Moysing to nothing from the start, to be fair".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is truly terrible news, what more can 2016 throw at us ?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Excellent news. The next series should be an improvement unless they get someone equally as annoying to present it.

I hear that Farage is looking for a new job.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
So just how much money has the BBC lost from the Licence money? They rushed to the politically correct solution of sacking people to resolve an industrial incident without any consideration for their customers. I loved the old formula - can't stand Evans - would never watch the new show - but they took my money anyway! How many Execs will they sack to make up for the loss of International revenue?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
So just how much money has the BBC lost from the Licence money? They rushed to the politically correct solution of sacking people to resolve an industrial incident without any consideration for their customers. I loved the old formula - can't stand Evans - would never watch the new show - but they took my money anyway! How many Execs will they sack to make up for the loss of International revenue?
Sorry, but you can't go around hitting employees and not face the consequences, clarkson is an arrogant bully who deserved to be sacked, I wish the bloke had ironed him out and taught him a lesson.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Same with the Mail. Seems like they were desperate for it - and Evans - to fail, so I guess they got what they wanted. The slagging never stopped.

Evans isn't everybodies cup of tea, but I don't think he deserved the constant bile he received when taking this on. I guess we just don't like rich, successful, self-made people in this country do we.

Absolutely agree. He's not for me personally. I find his voice annoying and that ain't gonna change anytime soon, but as a presenter I can see why people like him. Fancy the Sun and the Mail leading a witch hunt though? How very out of character...

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Sorry, but you can't go around hitting employees and not face the consequences, clarkson is an arrogant bully who deserved to be sacked, I wish the bloke had ironed him out and taught him a lesson.

So do I!! Then they could have shaken hands - become the best of pals - and joked embarrassing about it for the rest of their lives. Oh damn! Silly me, I guess I'm just too Old School.

Bye the way - as you know Clarkson, what else can you reveal about him that might be unusual?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yoda

English & European
and Sabine was more wooden than a very wooden wood thing. Let her drive, almost as the new stig. Don't let her present or act, its horrendous.

There's an idea that might work. BBC to sell the rights of The Stig to Amazon and Clarksons new Show and let her do the lap times etc.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He's being investigated about a sexual assault from the 90's that the alleged victim has now decided to report. According to her he exposed himself and grabbed her breasts.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely agree. He's not for me personally. I find his voice annoying and that ain't gonna change anytime soon, but as a presenter I can see why people like him. Fancy the Sun and the Mail leading a witch hunt though? How very out of character...

They really don't like working class people being successful.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Clarkson was OK though because he's mates with Cameron and Brookes etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here