Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fifa 16

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Pro Evo game play is horrible compared to FIFA imo, completely inferior game. I do wish they'd step their game up so I'd have a real alternative to Fifa as I thoroughly dislike EA.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I love Ea games, cannot wait for NHL next week, its a superb sports game!

Pro Evo demo this year was very good but I don't think I could afford both, I am interested to see how the option fil editing looks though as I remember the days pf patching my Pro Evo on my ps2 and then using the old swap magic to play the patched version of the game! Was amazing when the game I had played like pro evo but looked like Fifa.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Online seasons is the way to go for sure. You get to try all the best players plus it isn't as arcadey as ultimate team. Shahktar and Wolfsburg are my go to teams.

Brighton forever. I don't even ever see it as a choice. Love the games against someone as Palace, with a Palace-related username. Genuinely feels more intense.

Unfortunately Brighton seem to be in quite a wide star rating, as can end up playing the likes of LA Galaxy or even the MIGHTY Leeds (Champions of Europe).

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Just played the demo a few times. Anyone else find the game play is pretty much the same as Fifa 15? Everyone always says every fifa is the same game play, but I've never actually believed that. If you go back to play old Fifa's you'll notice the difference. However Fifa 16 just feels the exact same as Fifa 15? ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or just play online against other people in Online Seasons. Then you can play as any top player in the world, with no extra cost.

I "get" FUT - I just think it's a massive hassle and ball ache having to sort all the contracts and keep condition up to 99 etc, I'd rather spend all that wasted time playing other players online in a league.

Al I do is that online career mode where you go through the leagues. Literally never play any other mode...

Aug 21, 2011
Just played the demo a few times. Anyone else find the game play is pretty much the same as Fifa 15? Everyone always says every fifa is the same game play, but I've never actually believed that. If you go back to play old Fifa's you'll notice the difference. However Fifa 16 just feels the exact same as Fifa 15? ???

Yes I downloaded and had a go last night (PS4) and that was my reaction. No different. Yes theres Womens football, but is is still the same game, comentry seemed identical as well.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've played quite a bit of both demos now. Pro Evo is by far the superior game on gameplay. It doesn't look as good, the menus are a mess, changing tactics is a weird and difficult thing to do, virtually no licences and no stadiums. But it is so much more fun to play, I have scored and conceded from through balls, headers, set pieces all sorts. Fifa feels like the same goal every time, and feels scripted.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Had a quick play last night and it feels a bit smoother. The players seem a tad more realistic in terms of not having such silly acceleration or top speed.

But the simple reality is that it's a cash cow for EA and each year they tweak it a little bit, update the teams and players, and the rest of the time just wallow in huge pools of cash*.

*Probably.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Al I do is that online career mode where you go through the leagues. Literally never play any other mode...

I think you mean Online Seasons, and same.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
D'oh. Launch day in US only yesterday, and Europe tomorrow.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seems I'm going to have to settle for buying the Xbox 360 version as just can't justify the purchase of a newer machine when, in reality, I buy one game a year on it!

Ultimately I live on career mode so I'm just holding out for improvements on that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amazon messaged at 17-30 yesterday saying it had been dispatched - I assume this is to miss yesterdays post so it comes tomorrow? I have known it turn up a day early (ie today) before though - anyone on amazon pre order had theirs?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok, I'm going to say it. I have been 100% the fifa side of the fence since 2009. Until now.

PES 2016 is unbelievable in terms of gameplay. It feels like football. Switching between Fifa's annoying, pedestrian gameplay and still infuriating scripting to PES is like jumping 5 versions. Players burst forward, can actually smash shots, pass quickly (although that's better in fifa 16 than it was before) and so much more. It just feels like a better game.

Am I delusional? Is this the end? Should I switch? Do you care?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm career mode through and through. Have downloaded the 10 hour trial on EA Access, and career mode seems more fleshed out with pre season tournaments and training incorporated. Playing as the Albion obviously.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ok, I'm going to say it. I have been 100% the fifa side of the fence since 2009. Until now.

PES 2016 is unbelievable in terms of gameplay. It feels like football. Switching between Fifa's annoying, pedestrian gameplay and still infuriating scripting to PES is like jumping 5 versions. Players burst forward, can actually smash shots, pass quickly (although that's better in fifa 16 than it was before) and so much more. It just feels like a better game.

Am I delusional? Is this the end? Should I switch? Do you care?

I am with you, I have bought PES 2-016 this week, finally finished all the editing of teams in Prem and Champ so all the logos, team names and kits are done. The gameplay is amazing, it feels like a game of football and they have done a good job of recreating that european atmosphere in the champions league too. I really like the game so Iwill be interesting to see how FIFA plays. I love FIFA but am enjoying Pro Evo so much this year.

I had an email from Gameseek at 15.34 to say FIFA had been dispatched, surely no way it will arrive tomorrow?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Amazon messaged at 17-30 yesterday saying it had been dispatched - I assume this is to miss yesterdays post so it comes tomorrow? I have known it turn up a day early (ie today) before though - anyone on amazon pre order had theirs?

Got an email on Monday from Game saying it had been shipped but no sign yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here