Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
First the disappointment of the Pritchard saga and now Stephens appears to be off. No doubt Dunk will be moving soon as well if the price is right.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor says it isn't true so he will be off in the morning
"Aware of speculation re: Stephens/Burnley being closer to done after alleged improved 4th bid. Assured by reliable source untrue. #bhafc"

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Oh I see...simple as that gosh I thought you had some other master plan....so who funds this? Does it come out of the existing player budget? Do we spend less on new players..so we can't strengthen our squad so we have it in depth...or are you suggesting TB puts a few more million in?....Does this increase only apply to certain players?

We should speculate to accumulate - it worked for Boro last year. TB won't get much of his investment back unless we reach the promised land so we might as well aim to get there sooner rather than later.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The £7 million will come in handy covering our second tier expenses next season.

Keep him and go for it I say.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
When you say we...you mean TB? ...and as you well know it's not a guarantee ..ask any number of clubs...QPR..Notts Forest. Etc

I know there's no guarantee but for once I'd like to see us go for it.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We should speculate to accumulate - it worked for Boro last year. TB won't get much of his investment back unless we reach the promised land so we might as well aim to get there sooner rather than later.

Throwing money around is no guarantee.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He hasn't left as yet has he? Only one online source says he's off and Naylor - who one imagines is relatively in the know - says he's not, And yet there's hand wringing aplenty and criticism of the way the club is run and the money it spends - which, least we forget tends to come direct from Uncle Tony's pockets. F£#k me, a lot of football fans today are so self entitled.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps after AN tweet we shall all have to just sit and wait and see what happens. I am open minded either way and would sooner hear of a new CB and No 10 in the next few days. What will be will be.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Burnley football writer agrees it's far from done, too:

Chris Boden ‏@bodenknights 1m ago
Chris Boden Retweeted Andy Naylor
Told not close at this end either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here