Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - FA Cup

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes, but we didn't draw Arsenal did we? That's rather the point. And they have tried to promote the game by massively reducing the price, plus they have said that if the open sections sell out they'll open more. What more do you want?

For a start if i'm spending my money going to watch a game that the club have devalued i would like to sit where i want not where i'm bound to by the restrictions imposed , secondly by selling the game section by section is a cop out how will it sell out if people prefer to sit in their prefered stands , what was the point of buying a season ticket for the north stand and south ect if come a cup game you can't then sit there , if i'm not mistaken your season ticket ensures your preferred seat for a certain amount of time , that choice has also been taken away , as i said earlier lots of people couldn't care less all the stands are not open and that's fine by them , i'm not one of them .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Poor example. Wenger has always taken the FA Cup very seriously, and his team selections reflect that. (He's always picked a 'prospects' side for the LEAGUE cup).

The Arsenal line ups for the two games at the Amex:

2012/13
Szczesny
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Santos (Gibbs - 78' )
Jenkinson
Diaby
Rosicky (Wilshere - 68' )
Oxlade-Chamberlain (Walcott - 68' )
Ramsey
Podolski
Giroud

2014/15
Szczesny
Chambers
Koscielny
Monreal
Gibbs
Flamini
Walcott(Sánchez 70)
Rosicky
Ramsey
Özil
Giroud

Thanks once again for putting me right again. For the few months I wasn't here, I was dying to put something on here to be corrected by you...my how I missed that. Happy christmas.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot of people who themselves are not bothered with the FA Cup, or too lazy to bother, using feeble excuses to justify their own decision to themselves, it seems.

"I would go, but my usual P&R isn't running, and I can't possibly go to the trouble of checking train times / bus routes"
"I would go, but I can ONLY go if I'm allowed to sit in one particular seat"

Why not just admit that you're not interested? :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we had drawn Arsenal (reserves) for this tie you can bet the whole ground would be open and at £20 a pop , i simply don't agree with the way the club went on this , they have basically guaranteed a low attendance rather than trying to promote the game , such a shame .

See my post and correction above...seemly Arsenal don't turn out their reserves...no siree.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A lot of people who themselves are not bothered with the FA Cup, or too lazy to bother, using feeble excuses to justify their own decision to themselves, it seems.

"I would go, but my usual P&R isn't running, and I can't possibly go to the trouble of checking train times / bus routes"
"I would go, but I can ONLY go if I'm allowed to sit in one particular seat"

Why not just admit that you're not interested? :shrug:

I am not in the slightest interested in anything but league games...satisfied?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
giphy.gif

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I understand that some people are annoyed by the removal of park and ride for this game, as a lot of people use it regularly. But then consider the fact that if the travel options were provided, you'd be looking at each ticket costing a few quid more. Find a few like minded people, meet at a place near the park and ride, agree for one person to drive to the stadium and split the cost of parking. It'll cost £2.40 each to park, if there are five of you in the car.

I really don't understand the obsession people have with their chosen seat. Have you got a special seat that's heated and massages you in all the right places? It's a seat for God sake. Sit somewhere else for one game, enjoy the match from a different perspective for a change.

As fans of the Albion, surely you all want what's best for the club and our progression in general. Opening the entire stadium and potentially having most stands only partially full but requiring them all to be staffed isn't financially logical or feasible.

If you don't want to go to the game, then don't. But stop bloody whining about it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Absolutely. If Tony Bloom is losing so much dosh, then it is our turn to do him a favour, and turn up for this. When the losses were announced. one of the points made was that there had not been a home cup game, and so this is the chance. Br great for the squad player's confidence, as well.

Exactly...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Was about to rant about Seagulls Travel not running coaches from east of Seaford, checked and found they have added coaches so have booked. Spoilt my rant though although they will probably pick me up at 8am and go via Derbyshire so I may still get the chance.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With regards to the holy graiI can take it or leave it personally. If we get up then fantastic, we get some decent sides to play at home and to see first hand - I don't go away so visiting other grounds doesn't interest me these days whereas when Laura and I went, we went to every away game for many years. But football is not my be and end all nowadays. Yes I would like to see us play the bets in the land, but if we don't, I am not going to sit at home weeping about it.

Just curious - how do you go from visiting every away game, to presumably visiting none? If it's health related then fair enough.

At the risk of sounding curt, it sounds very much like you've fallen out of love, so i'm not really sure your opinion that the club should chaffeur you to and from the ground and carry you to and from your 'own' seat because you don't like the FA cup is something the club should use as feedback.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
so i'm not really sure your opinion that the club should chaffeur you to and from the ground and carry you to and from your 'own' seat because you don't like the FA cup is something the club should use as feedback.

I have this image in my mind of transport from the station up to the stadium now! sedanrace.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For a start if i'm spending my money going to watch a game that the club have devalued i would like to sit where i want not where i'm bound to by the restrictions imposed , secondly by selling the game section by section is a cop out how will it sell out if people prefer to sit in their prefered stands , what was the point of buying a season ticket for the north stand and south ect if come a cup game you can't then sit there , if i'm not mistaken your season ticket ensures your preferred seat for a certain amount of time , that choice has also been taken away , as i said earlier lots of people couldn't care less all the stands are not open and that's fine by them , i'm not one of them .
Ok, if you're really that anal that you have to sit in the same seat ... fair enough, I can't really argue against that. At least you admit you're a minority. (I wouldn't have thought there would be anybody with that view, but I stand corrected). But apart from that you're trying to have your cake and eat it. Have they'devalued' it by reducing the price or 'promoted' it? If they were charging full whack AND only opening part of the ground then I'd agree that that was bad; but they're trying to promote an extremely unglamourous match in a competition that most fans (sadly) don't care about without losing any more money than they have to. You can't please everybody, but I thought those that were displeased might at least understand the club's position. Again I appear to be mistaken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here