Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley back on loan?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All he does these days is run to the corner flag like its some massive magnet that draws him in, then he gets tackled and falls over. Used to be good when he first signed.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
if Buckley came on loan I would not be unhappy though, we lack pace badly.

I guess if we got Buckley back on loan we might lack pace better.

I remember him being slow for quite a while before we thought his head was being turned by Gus. Whether that was him trying to save his hamstrings for us or for the sake of his own value on the transfer market, he showed that without that burst to pass his marker he didn't have much to offer offensively.

I wouldn't be against getting him back on loan, particularly as I haven't seen how he's played for Sunderland. But I wouldn't be getting excited.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He definitely wasn't the same player after the last bad injury for us. Seemed to lack pace and rarely took on his full back. I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm torn about Buckley coming back.Yes he did down tools under Hypia yes he was injury prone yes he did dissapear in games.but lets not forget how he made the first game at the Amex so special.During his first season he scored some vital late goals to win us games normally at home.leicester & forest springs to mind plus his goal to beat Newcastle in the cup.i also remember a great goal against sheff wed on a Friday night.
Who can forget that chip against blackpool in a must win game to get into the playoffs.Also 2 goals at Bolton the following season
to keep us in the frame for the play offs.
In know I have only mentioned a hand full of occasions over a 3 year period but those occasions were game changers how many other players have we seen at the Amex that have produced that many game changing moments.
Are we too bitter & stubborn to say that we don't want him back.
I'm saying this on the basis that he is still as good now as he was then.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Just looked at his stats with Sunderland last year, not surprisingly for an injury prone player he was out for just under 4 months a the start of this year. But since returning spent the next eight matches on the bench, making it off twice. As he wasn't totally match fit, it's hard to tell what Dick Advocaat's plans are at mo, lot will depend on the players he brings in but wouldn't be overly surprised if Buckley did leave. Would I and many others like a fit and raring to go Buckley who could repeat many of those game changing moments we saw last time back at Brighton? Think many would, the big question though is, is he over his injury problems? If not, might be better options available.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't think he will ever be over his injury problems.the nature of his position is you need to be explosive over a short distance that is why he has suffered with so many injuries.Far be it for me to tell people how to get the best out of him but I think he is the sort of player that needs to start matches rather than be used from the bench,so he is properly warmed up when he plays.
As for him coming back a loan move would be best so if he does break down we can just send him back to Sunderland.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He has more ability than anyone we have on the books at RM/RW now, granted, but it wasn't only in his last season that he looked like he couldn't really be bothered the majority of the time. Seemed to have one really good game followed up with 7 or 8 where you'd forget he was even on the pitch for most of his time with us, and that was exactly the kind of player Watford fans were saying he was when we signed him.

He got 19 goals & 11 assists in 96 league games for us, which I don't see as particularly impressive for a player that clearly does/did have lots of ability. Not to mention his incredibly sketchy injury record.

I'm only putting these stats on here in reply to the above post implying that people are stupid for wanting Orlandi back but not Buckley, they didn't even play in the same position so it isn't exactly an accurate representation, but for comparison, Orlandi got 7 goals and 12 assists in 49 league games (though I wouldn't want him back either to be honest due to his injuries and age, much as I think he is a top guy and a talented player).

Eternal gratitude for making a day that will forever stand as one of the best days of all of our lives I'm sure, but it's a no from me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need a right winger and he would be my first choice.

Wages will be prohibitive though.

Lack of pre season preparation was part of the reason we did not get the best out of him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd like to see him back on loan, but surely this is just a sauce-less twitter rumour-guess.

Apart from Sami's comment, I don't think he really left under a cloud as such.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hate agreeing with BG but If it's a choice I would rather have Elliott Bennett back any day, if Buckley came on loan I would not be unhappy though, we lack pace badly.

What about one of the other bazillion wingers who have never played for the Albion or had a connection with it's current manager.
Would one of them do?

We finally get Zamora off the first page.
The club makes 2 exciting signings (nobody knew about)
Then the moment the dust settles, boom back to default setting

"I'll take former Albion players for 200"

HAS NOBODY LEARNED ANYTHING?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What about one of the other bazillion wingers who have never played for the Albion or had a connection with it's current manager.
Would one of them do?

We finally get Zamora off the first page.
The club makes 2 exciting signings (nobody knew about)
Then the moment the dust settles, boom back to default setting

"I'll take former Albion players for 200"

HAS NOBODY LEARNED ANYTHING?

Totally agree, we need to build a team for the future, not collect relics of the past. BZ will score goals and important goals, however he is a luxury for a club that can afford to have 2or 3 class strikers and expect him to only play a handful of games a season, maybe more as a late substitute. We can not afford to do that.

Stumpy Tim

Totally agree, we need to build a team for the future, not collect relics of the past. BZ will score goals and important goals, however he is a luxury for a club that can afford to have 2or 3 class strikers and expect him to only play a handful of games a season, maybe more as a late substitute. We can not afford to do that.

While I do broadly agree with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], I would still wee my pants with joy if BZ came back. Especially we now have a decent option which means we can rotate, or, dare I say it, play them together!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

How do you know?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While I do broadly agree with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], I would still wee my pants with joy if BZ came back. Especially we now have a decent option which means we can rotate, or, dare I say it, play them together!

At this point I'll add my usual caveat:-

If after signing, say 3 more, young, fast, attacking, players Tony says:-

"guess what gang, I've signed Bobby as well, cos I can afford it, and I think he's well lush", I'll be in hogs heaven.

But Bobby Zamora isn't the answer to last seasons woes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here