Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nice of the EU to wipe out GB.

af2566f7d77db03010e2bb9a1e88cb3a.jpg

Berlin-based Euro Informationen, which works for the European Commission and European Parliament, developed an Olympic medal table which declares the 'European Union' as the top nation.???
Ahem!

Fffffff..... Look back a few pages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Berlin-based Euro Informationen, which works for the European Commission and European Parliament, developed an Olympic medal table which declares the 'European Union' as the top nation.???

:shrug: Who cares? Its just a bit of interest - no different to tables showing Yorkshire as a nation, etc.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Justice.

"I've devastated," ex-GB fighter turned Moldovan Olympian Aaron Cook after his shock opening round defeat in Rio.

"I made the switch from GB after the devastation of missing London 2012 and not feeling I had a way back. Moldova gave me a chance and had such high hopes.

"Why did I have a day like that at the Olympics!?" says a forlorn-looking Cook.

"I wanted to put on a show for those who have supported me and win that gold medal, but I just feel I've let everyone down."

I detest sports tourism when it comes to representing a country. I truly believe that once you are over 16, you should not be able to move country and live for a while to change nationality. Fair enough if you have parents or grandparents from the country or moved to the country at an early age. Sportsmen like Pietersen for example get my goat. Makes a mockery if you can just get a billionaire to fund your citizenship of a country you have no connection to like Cook.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Paralympics in big trouble.

IPC announces "major budget cuts" to Rio Paralympics amid funding crisis, including closure of Deodoro Park [2nd largest complex].

IPC President Sir Philip Craven: "Never before in the 56 year history of the Games have we faced circumstances like this".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

IPC announces "major budget cuts" to Rio Paralympics amid funding crisis, including closure of Deodoro Park [2nd largest complex].

IPC President Sir Philip Craven: "Never before in the 56 year history of the Games have we faced circumstances like this".
What!? You wanted the events, you got the right, so put on a ****ing show you worthless ****ing *****!

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Weren't they reliant on tickets sales from the main games to fund it ? They've been miles down on expectations so they're fooked, basically........

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
A nice Sussex connection with the GB Ladies hockey team, as Sophie Bray, Laura Unsworth & Maddie Hinch all play for East Grinstead Hockey Club.

Not quite! Maddie plays for latter day arch rivals Holcombe, not East Grinstead, but is about to join a top Dutch side.She was, though, born in West Chiltington so has a big Sussex connection. She is also one smashing woman giving lots of her time back to her sport.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I detest sports tourism when it comes to representing a country. I truly believe that once you are over 16, you should not be able to move country and live for a while to change nationality.
What do these gents have in common?

Žarko Marković
Rafael Da Costa Capote
Danijel Šarić
Goran Stojanović
Borja Vidal
Bertrand Roine
Eldar Memišević
Marko Bag

They are all in the Qatari Handball squad!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
What do these gents have in common?

Žarko Marković
Rafael Da Costa Capote
Danijel Šarić
Goran Stojanović
Borja Vidal
Bertrand Roine
Eldar Memišević
Marko Bag

They are all in the Qatari Handball squad!

Can't wait for the Qatari Football squad in the 2022 world cup. How many do we think will of been born in Qatar? I'll go for none!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't wait for the Qatari Football squad in the 2022 world cup. How many do we think will of been born in Qatar? I'll go for none!!
It's madness, it needs to stop.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Competing at 7 Olympics for GB, he deserves that too. A 'bonus' gold medal, I hope the girls in the hockey can follow it.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Competing at 7 Olympics for GB, he deserves that too. A 'bonus' gold medal, I hope the girls in the hockey can follow it.

Absolutely bloody brilliant.

58 years old too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here