Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one that thinks Kaz will have a breakout season?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
They are pointless because they don't go anywhere, they're show. His trick is pushing it past and running incredibly quickly over 10 yards. His "stepovers" slow him down and thats when he loses his effectiveness. He needs to embrace the purely instinctive part of brain - thats the good player. When he has time, he confuses himself - like against Sevilla when he randomly fell over instead of either shooting or feeding Baldock.

Ha ha!!!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
:facepalm:

Just waiting for O'Grady's time to shine now. My opinion hasn't changed, but all the time LuaLua's in the team and scoring goals, bounce away!

We'll see where this thread is at the end of the season.

Judge me at the end of the season !!!! (Feeble)

Ha ha

Lua Lua !!!'

Glad he played and scored our only goal today!! *2

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If we had just signed him this summer for £2.5m everyone would be raving about him. He was excellent last night.

Everyone was raving about him when we signed him. He hasn't ceased to be an exciting player, he is just an inconsistent confidence player but possibly with the right team and given the right role he can shine again. All signs so far lead to CH giving him that team and that role.

Lets hope it continues.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The thing with Lua Lua is that he is premier class in the first 5 seconds of going on a run with the ball. The next 5 seconds becomes a bit of lottery - but I forgive him for the odd misplaced cross or wrong decision . He gets me off my seat and when it works he totally destroys any defence. The Forest forum was full of comments basically saying he is one of the best wingers around. This is Kaz's time - enjoy it while it lasts[emoji2]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The lad's on a roll, keep it up son!

KLL.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What the **** happened to him?

Obviously he's not going to be scoring / winning a pen every game, but how has he even got the energy to score in stoppage time on Tuesday, and then win a penalty with some speed in stoppage time on Saturday, when previously he couldn't perform for 70 minutes?

I expect Stat Bro has a theory.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Obviously he's not going to be scoring / winning a pen every game, but how has he even got the energy to score in stoppage time on Tuesday, and then win a penalty with some speed in stoppage time on Saturday, when previously he couldn't perform for 70 minutes?

Maybe his body is finally getting used to the rigours of regular football. All of our previous managers have used him sparingly, the more he's used the stronger he'll get. I'd also go as far as to say confidence does wonders for a players ability to keep on going even when exhausted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe his body is finally getting used to the rigours of regular football. All of our previous managers have used him sparingly
Well we're only a few games into the season and he's done it from the off, and it's not like Hyppia didn't give him a few full games in a row.

I'd also go as far as to say confidence does wonders for a players ability to keep on going even when exhausted.
Well I assume his mojo has something to do with it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I don’t think we need a theory – just a look at the facts. In September 2013 Oscar Garcia was reported as saying that LuaLua had been suffering from tendonitis in his left knee since pre-season, and that Albion were having to manage how many minutes he played. Then on October 5 against Forest he felt pain in his right knee and the following week in training he couldn’t move. He ended up having surgery on October 22 (the issue was the meniscus on the outside of the knee).

LuaLua returned in December 2013 but in January in an interview in the Argus he stated that he was still troubled by the tendonitis in his left knee. He did start 4 games in a row in April 2014. The same month Garcia said:

He has big potential….He hadn't played four or five games in a row until this season and he's working hard on his defence. He is improving and hopefully he will keep improving for the rest of his career. He is the kind of player that can be the perfect impact player for any team but I don't want him only as an impact. He can help us during 90 minutes, over several games in a row.

And last season, he was one of the most influential players in the first few months of the season. Against Watford in October THREE of their players were booked for fouling him and against Norwich in November TWO of their players were booked for fouling him. After that Norwich game Hyypia stated that he thought LuaLua had been a complete performer since he had been in charge. When asked about previous managers using LuaLua sparingly, particularly away from home, he said:

I think Kaz's work from the beginning of preseason has been very concentrated, working in both directions as well. He's done well this season. I wasn't aware that he wasn't doing the right things away. I haven't noticed that in our games.

Unfortunately Kaz damaged his medial ligaments in the very next game, at home to Fulham, and didn’t start another game until March.

So, over the last two years, the biggest issues for Kaz have been injuries of one sort or another. Both Garcia and Hyypia recognised what he had to offer, given the ability to actually get on the pitch. Let us all hope that Kaz can keep fit and injury free for the majority of this campaign.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t think we need a theory – just a look at the facts. In September 2013 Oscar Garcia was reported as saying that LuaLua had been suffering from tendonitis in his left knee since pre-season, and that Albion were having to manage how many minutes he played. Then on October 5 against Forest he felt pain in his right knee and the following week in training he couldn’t move. He ended up having surgery on October 22 (the issue was the meniscus on the outside of the knee).

LuaLua returned in December 2013 but in January in an interview in the Argus he stated that he was still troubled by the tendonitis in his left knee. He did start 4 games in a row in April 2014. The same month Garcia said:

And last season, he was one of the most influential players in the first few months of the season. Against Watford in October THREE of their players were booked for fouling him and against Norwich in November TWO of their players were booked for fouling him. After that Norwich game Hyypia stated that he thought LuaLua had been a complete performer since he had been in charge. When asked about previous managers using LuaLua sparingly, particularly away from home, he said:

Unfortunately Kaz damaged his medial ligaments in the very next game, at home to Fulham, and didn’t start another game until March.

So, over the last two years, the biggest issues for Kaz have been injuries of one sort or another. Both Garcia and Hyypia recognised what he had to offer, given the ability to actually get on the pitch. Let us all hope that Kaz can keep fit and injury free for the majority of this campaign.
Cheers for the details, it's easy to forget how his progress has been hindered by injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here