Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are shambolic

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's been the story of CMS since we got him, close but just not close enough. Frustrating for him, frustrating for us. Doesn't matter what we do not one single manager has managed to get the best out of him.

Tex, I'm not bothered if he doesn't come back, no point in having a player like that if there is no quality around him.

Baldock, I like him and he was starting to score until he got injured which is typical of our luck this season.

Hope there are some real changes next season.

Yes Baldock is a big miss and very under rated, I said last Friday he would of buried the O'grady chance had it fallen to him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hughton really isn't very good is he?and what a terrible line up and God awful performance.
Can't score goals and much more... Embarassiing

I would not give hughton any money to spend as would dread to think who they'd be

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Best is an embarrassment, why he is getting picked is beyond any comprehension. His lack of desire, passion, work ethic and just plain ability is so evident, people were laughing in disbelief around me. I think I am fitter than Carayol, either that and he is another simply redefining what it means not to work hard for the cause. Not that he has any help from Joe Bennett who is hiding so much now and forcing the midfielder to do so much of his work that it is preventing us getting further forward quicker.

There are chinks of light with Kayal and Stephens who are starting to look like they could be a classy midfield pair together. As soon as Kayal went off though, we collapsed. He's a little creative dynamo and his signing alone is reason to at least give Hughton some trust to bring some decent signings in.

I joked that if only we couldn't have a team of Bruno's and Calde's - loving their enthusiasm, passion and creativity they add to the game. Love seeing professional players who you can see just love playing football. The contrast to the likes of Best is just painful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baldock, I like him and he was starting to score until he got injured which is typical of our luck this season.

Hope there are some real changes next season.

Good call re Baldock, he seemed to be settling down into his new position when he got injured. I would also throw in a question as to whether we off-loaded Colunga too quickly, particularly given we are creating nothing and although have different players have actually gained nothing with Best.

Yes Baldock is a big miss and very under rated, I said last Friday he would of buried the O'grady chance had it fallen to him.
Ah the old classic.

"I say I say I say how do you be a brilliant player for the Albion"?
"I don't know how do you be a brilliant player for the Albion"? ...

... "be injured".

Last night Baldock would have been as shitehouse as Best, O'Grady or CMS.

To blame all our ills on whichever centre forward happened to draw the short straw at 19:00, completely misses the point as to what is currently wrong with the team.

Baldock wouldn't have scored because, like Best (or anyone else) he wouldn't have received the ball in a possible goal scoring position.
Baldock wouldn't have been able to 'make' a goal, because of the tortoise like speed of the attack.
Baldock couldn't have gone and got the ball because the nearest player would have been 30 yards away.
That player would have been Tex, whom Baldock would have to tackle to gain possession.

Sure the forwards are all shitehouse, but none of them are being given the opportunity to fail in style.

Last edited:

canaryboy

Mar 23, 2015
Because they knew the game was over.

Unfortunately that's exactly the feeling us Norwich supporters had for most of the time CH was at Carrow Rd. He sets out for a 0-0 and hopes to nick one from somewhere. It makes for horrible games to watch.

Another poster mentions Calderwood and what does he bring to the table ? We thought the answer must be '' not a lot '' as he seemed to only be at Norwich because he was a mate of CH's at Spurs.

I hope for your sakes he's more adventurous next term. If he isn't it won't be much fun.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ah the old classic.

Last night Baldock would have been as shitehouse as Best, O'Grady or CMS.

To blame all our ills on whichever centre forward happened to draw the short straw at 19:00, completely misses the point as to what is currently wrong with the team.

Baldock wouldn't have scored because, like Best (or anyone else) he wouldn't have received the ball in a possible goal scoring position.
Baldock wouldn't have been able to 'make' a goal, because of the tortoise like speed of the attack.
Baldock couldn't have gone and got the ball because the nearest player would have been 30 yards away.
That player would have been Tex, whom Baldock would have to tackle to gain possession.
Sure the forwards are all shitehouse, but none of them are being given the opportunity to fail in style.

A lot of the above is true, the big difference is that Baldock moves and offers more options than Best could ever do, as he did against Arsenal and Bournemouth away. Best's movement last night was laughable, especially when Bruno had the ball and was looking for an outlet down the line.

Love the comment in bold, and so true.....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Where has this sense of entitlement come from? Honestly?

Why should we be expecting play-offs every year? Historically, we've always been relegation scraps whilst in the Championship. This is not bucking a trend, the only trend that was not being bucked was when we were in the play-offs.

It's not actually a case of people being worried for the finances of the club if we were relegated, more the glory hunting of premier league football. I'd rather we had a financially stable club that stayed in the championship for a while than a club who spent, spent spent to get to the premier league because that's where all the money and 'big' clubs are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Other than that position that was awfully similar to where Baldock scored v Arsenal, where Best softly side footed it into the keeper's hands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than that position that was awfully similar to where Baldock scored v Arsenal, where Best softly side footed it into the keeper's hands.
Hmmm, I'm not entirely convinced by that.

Baldock had the work done for him but finished like a true striker, aahhh those were the days!!

From memory in the moment Best was further out, with considerably more to do, which he did well.
Before softly side footing it into the keeper's hands, like a true waste of time space and money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where has this sense of entitlement come from? Honestly?

Why should we be expecting play-offs every year? Historically, we've always been relegation scraps whilst in the Championship. This is not bucking a trend, the only trend that was not being bucked was when we were in the play-offs.

It's not actually a case of people being worried for the finances of the club if we were relegated, more the glory hunting of premier league football. I'd rather we had a financially stable club that stayed in the championship for a while than a club who spent, spent spent to get to the premier league because that's where all the money and 'big' clubs are.

Are we not entitled to expect forwards who know where the goal is? I don't care about losing when we are contributing to the game but playing for a point at home is a ****wit way of playing football. I'm not sure that many people are pissed off because we are not in the top six it's more to do with the totally imcompetant player recruitment whilst offloading any player who shows some ability at this level.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
our current forwards are just scared to shoot ,even on the rare occasion when we create a chance , they bottle it !

our current forwards are just scared to shoot ,even on the rare occasion when we create a chance , they bottle it !

I don't necessarily blame our front men as the main problem, though they are part of it. If there is no service to them then it doesn't matter who is up front. We break slowly, no wingers & only one centre forward is why BHA are boring to watch these days.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Are we not entitled to expect forwards who know where the goal is? I don't care about losing when we are contributing to the game but playing for a point at home is a ****wit way of playing football. I'm not sure that many people are pissed off because we are not in the top six it's more to do with the totally imcompetant player recruitment whilst offloading any player who shows some ability at this level.

Straw man. No point adequately responding to this tripe when that isn't my point. Never made a comment about goal scorers.

Continue though.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I don't necessarily blame our front men as the main problem, though they are part of it. If there is no service to them then it doesn't matter who is up front. We break slowly, no wingers & only one centre forward is why BHA are boring to watch these days.

yes , agree with all of this too, hate the lone striker too ,even if he is quality

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It seems like every team we play against has pace and can go from defending to attacking quickly. We never do it instead it's always side ways, back, back and today especially back to Stockdale to lump it forward.

This style of play was introduced by Poyet. The NSC hivemind attacked anybody who dared suggest it at the time. Apparently it was a silky continental style of possession play. Watch Greer anytime he's on the ball. He scuttles sideways like a crab, every fibre in his being screaming at him to do the backwards pass. Only when all backwards options are blocked will he even contemplate passing the ball sideways. And Calde can make as many runs up the wing as he likes, he'll never ever receive a forward pass from Greer.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We are off the back of two home performances against top 6 teams and indeed maybe even the 2 who will be promoted. I feel we played well against Norwich creating good positions and were competitive for much of the game against Bournemouth. Yes we do need some forward strength as it is goals that count and we must go for quality over the summer. It would give everybody a lift, which is what the club needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here