Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank **** we gave the job to Hyypia.
Following on from WBA, I've been saying that a lot recently.

I get the feeling I've not said it for the last time, this Summer, either.

Roll on August.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought great, the match is on BBC1, no adverts, no Chiles and no Andy bloody Townsend.....then Phil Neville appears.

:shootself

SAC

May 21, 2014
He was awful, luckily for BBC matches you can press the red button and have Radio 5 although it was slightly out of sync.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Decent content, shocking delivery. He's like the anti-Townsend.

Merge the 2 of them together and there's a half decent colour commentator there.

When did he start commentating on colours!?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Decent content, shocking delivery. He's like the anti-Townsend.

Merge the 2 of them together and there's a half decent colour commentator there.

My problem is that when Simon Cowell says "decent content, shocking delivery" it is usually followed by "you've got 4 NOs" and quite a bit of laughter. I find it feeble in the extreme that the BBC use a novice on the biggest day of the World Cup for England (from the original fixtures) and now people are suggesting "we'll get the producers to give him some tips".

How about, we'll get the producers to check him out in advance, realise that he is totally unsuitable, and get someone in with knowledge AND personality. ITV get bashed, quite rightly sometimes, on here - the BBC ruin a big World Cup night with a parody of a co-commentator and there should be serious questions asked about the dunces that thought it was a good idea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His delivery may have been flat, dull and surplus to requirements (alright, it definitely was), but 445 people complained to the BBC about it. They sound like fun people.

That's probably 400 people more than those that listen to your radio show.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
"The 450 people that bothered to seriously complain to the BBC about Phil
Neville's commentary are a hundred times more boring than him."
Ricky Gervais

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here