Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

jon.rutter

Oct 7, 2014
Just a quickie. I've heard from 2 impeccable sauces that this Brewdog/Blind Tiger deal is looking very shaky indeed and may not happen!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a quickie. I've heard from 2 impeccable sauces that this Brewdog/Blind Tiger deal is looking very shaky indeed and may not happen!

Not a problem, I think anyway that Brighton is getting close to saturation point with " Craft Beer " bars and pubs. The magic of a Danish beer at £5.70 a half has long diminished for me. Fortunately, pubs and mini-pups have upped the game with a decent range of local and national ales at reasonable prices.

A big Hats Off to The Brooksteed Alehouse in South Farm Road, Worthing as being one of these.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Brewdog confirmed in Brighton- job adverts say November start. Assume it's the Blind Tiger
c0a06fa99d2be5e609284afa5edcf6eb.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brewdog confirmed in Brighton- job adverts say November start. Assume it's the Blind Tiger
c0a06fa99d2be5e609284afa5edcf6eb.jpg

Typical corporate bollocks mission statement, almost interchangeable to replace " Beer " with our Tyres/Food/Sofas. Meanwhile I'll just be going to good pubs and micropubs and buying good beer without swallowing the " Evangelism "

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
The Brewdog in Leeds is one of the most pretentious, poncy bars I have ever been in. Full of men with beards wittering on about 'punk' lager whilst playing Connect 4.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The two bank branches at Preston circus are on their last legs. Barclays is closing in I think January and the Lloyds across the road doesn't look to do much business either. would be surprised if one or other doesn't reopen as a Wetherspoons (or a Brewdog?)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not seen a shout for The Old Star Ale and Cider House just off Shoreham Procession Street in Star Lane. Top guys and beer in a trend busting full circle move to reopen on the site of a pub 'The Star Inn' that shut its doors over a century ago

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've only ever been in the one in Birmingham. Music blaring, a youngster hocking his guts up because he's not used to a strong beer I expect, so not that fussed really. Not knocking their beer mind.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not a problem, I think anyway that Brighton is getting close to saturation point with " Craft Beer " bars and pubs. The magic of a Danish beer at £5.70 a half has long diminished for me. Fortunately, pubs and mini-pups have upped the game with a decent range of local and national ales at reasonable prices.

A big Hats Off to The Brooksteed Alehouse in South Farm Road, Worthing as being one of these.
I still think the two camps can get on alongside each other just like they do in Craft in Brighton.
Went in the Fat Cat in Norwich on Saturday lunch and that really was as good a pub as you can find. The Oakham inferno on draught was superb and the choice of another 20 or so and Belgiums galore.
Cheese rolls were 60p.

Now that's entertainment.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Looking forward to it opening as there will be some great beer (even if you don't like Brewdog beers, their bars have a fine slection of other craft.)

I can't see it taking over from the Evening Star in my affections though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'll give it a go but bit presumptuous of them to think they are going to "change our perception of real beers". They've got the wrong town, we already know good beer and there's plenty of it without a chain pub thinking they know best. These sort of pubs are better off in smaller, provincial towns in Surrey rather than a town like Brighton with well established beer pubs like Evening Star. Though it will prob do well as Brighton is chock full of *****.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'll give it a go but bit presumptuous of them to think they are going to "change our perception of real beers". They've got the wrong town, we already know good beer and there's plenty of it without a chain pub thinking they know best. These sort of pubs are better off in smaller, provincial towns in Surrey rather than a town like Brighton with well established beer pubs like Evening Star. Though it will prob do well as Brighton is chock full of *****.

I'd imagine they'll be taking business away from the 'craft-lite' identikit Indigo pubs that have sprung up with a depressing familiarity, with all the expense but none of the choice of a Brewdog bar. I don't see them taking much business from the likes of the Evening Star, Beer Dispensary or Craft.

I think it'll do well.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd imagine they'll be taking business away from the 'craft-lite' identikit Indigo pubs that have sprung up with a depressing familiarity, with all the expense but none of the choice of a Brewdog bar. I don't see them taking much business from the likes of the Evening Star, Beer Dispensary or Craft.

I think it'll do well.[/QUOTE

Yes, I think you're right. Certainly welcome it more than another Wetherspoon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think it'll do well.

Nothing wrong with the Indigo pubs, good choice of changing beers, nice food in varied locations. The Wick Inn, The Reservior , The Hanover and The Good Companions are all excellent pubs with different qualities.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Nothing wrong with the Indigo pubs, good choice of changing beers, nice food in varied locations. The Wick Inn, The Reservior , The Hanover and The Good Companions are all excellent pubs with different qualities.

They're pretty much all the same. The cask ale does change but is overpriced and their pricing on their other mainly non-changing lines is of the piss-taking variety. Their staff, in the main, aren't particularly knowledgeable about what they are selling. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot worse pubs out there but I think something to challenge them would be welcomed.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not seen a shout for The Old Star Ale and Cider House just off Shoreham Procession Street in Star Lane. Top guys and beer in a trend busting full circle move to reopen on the site of a pub 'The Star Inn' that shut its doors over a century ago

I was in there last night. Agreed it's a top top place!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here