Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Steelers made hard work of that. Should be a cracker at Foxboro next week. Bellicheck won't let Bell run for 150+ yards again, that's for sure.

The Steelers defence might be the most improved unit in the league. James Harrison has been an absolute beast for weeks now and the young talent around him Timmons and Mitchell have been so dynamic.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Walked in the door from London just in time to see Mason Crosbys 51 yarder sail through the uprights....perfect end to a great day.
Recorded the game, so will watch tonight....GO PACK GO!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Walked in the door from London just in time to see Mason Crosbys 51 yarder sail through the uprights....perfect end to a great day.
Recorded the game, so will watch tonight....GO PACK GO!
I don't think 'sailed' is the right word.

That ball was clearly being controlled remotely, as it was missing wide left until the last 20 yards.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Chief taster of Walkers crisps

Get paid in Gary Lineker Hand Jobs

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought Bell, Elliott and Rodgers were worth the Game pass fee last - great games, Would love to have seen Green Bay v Dallas go to overtime.

Some great match ups next week, should make for competitive games, hard to call if the rosters are all fit.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I thought Dallas were done for but fair play to them, was well worth staying awake for.

Gave Steelers v Chiefs a miss and glad I did (Steelers fan)

Packers v Falcons - WHAT A GAME THIS WILL BE.

Rodgers V Ryan! The regular season game was an absolute classic back in November where we came back to beat them at the death, I think we can easily cut trough their D....... although they could easily do the same to our D. This could be very high scoring again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As someone who is quite new to the sport, is it pretty standard that a quarter can be made up of just two attacks.

It's only as I was amazed when the first quarter finished I the Seahawks Falcons game and each team had only had possession of the ball once each.

I'm sorry. I've probably used completely the wrong terminology there. I'm new.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Oops!

tat.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As someone who is quite new to the sport, is it pretty standard that a quarter can be made up of just two attacks.

It's only as I was amazed when the first quarter finished I the Seahawks Falcons game and each team had only had possession of the ball once each.

I'm sorry. I've probably used completely the wrong terminology there. I'm new.

It all depends on the strategy of the team and the strength of their relative attributes.
Traditionally a 'running' team will keep the ball longer, and need more 'downs' to move along the pitch.

The GB Dallas game last night was breathless, everything worked out for it to be a modern day classic.

'Throwing' Green Bay got out to an early big lead.
So 'running' Dallas were chasing the game.
Susceptible GB defense was falling like flies, so attack became their best form of defense.

The quality playing on both sides, coupled with each teams weakness, along with how the scoring occurred, meant the games became an up and down battle.

Jul 7, 2003
Boo - Sky Sports Mix is no longer NFL.

Mind you I need some kip. Night all.

It was originally only RedZone so full games are a bonus. We should all be thankful that they kept Redzone all season as originally it was only going to be for the first few weeks. Really hope Sky repeat that next season as it is much easier to flick between the main game and Redzone when you don't have to wait for interactive mode to kick in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here