Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone keeping abreast of this Melanie Shaw business? She's now been locked up for over 60 days. A quick google search should help you.

Thanks for that.

Apparently she started on hunger strike 3 days ago.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So there have been A LOT of celebrities arrested over the course of this thing.

Not seen so many of police officers, judges, politicians, diplomats, high ranking civil servants etc. That was the scandal I thought?

What happened to the Elm Guest House investigation?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
So there have been A LOT of celebrities arrested over the course of this thing.

Not seen so many of police officers, judges, politicians, diplomats, high ranking civil servants etc. That was the scandal I thought?

What happened to the Elm Guest House investigation?

Its all gone quiet - I think they are still trying to sort out the chair to the investigation - from what I've read the person currently in line for it looks as suitable as the previous Baroness who had to stand down. I suspect Cameron will keep fudging the issue until he's lost the next election and he can wash his hands of it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5385/lord-brittan-leaves-vice-chairman-job-at-ubs-investment-bank

If you don't follow or read Exaro then do so, they are doing some excellent work but also steering clear of wild accusations or libellous material. They are also interviewing many of the people that are coming forward to the police to form their own body of evidence.

I was particuarly interested in view of this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ifled-1996-paedophile-report-says-victim.html

And Hague's recent decision to stand down that this article suggests that Hague has refused a request for Parliament to discuss Lord Wolff's links with Leon Brittan.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Fiona Woolf's farcical appointment is unraveling then. There is absolutely no way that someone close to the Brittan's should be involved. Even the most speculative of google searches will tell you why.

To get this appointment wrong once might be viewed as careless but twice? Michael Mansfield QC is the man that would have the trust of survivors.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/picture-puts-impartial-child-abuse-4489164

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's no surprise that they all look out for each other irrespective of morality. Greed, arrogance and entitlement drive them and passive reaction from us all just makes them more brazen. How they must laugh at and despise the ordinary working people.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is staggering that a woman who had invited Brittain and his wife for dinner parties in her own home on 3 separate occasions should have been asked to chair this enquiry.

It would appear that the government is not being rigorous enough in their pursuit of a suitable chair. Farage could easily gain another 3-4% in the polls if he condemned the government for not taking child abuse seriously, and would make serious political capital if the Brittain allegation went toxic in the lead-up to the next election.

It almost looks as if Cameron is spinning this out so the preliminary findings of the enquiry don't surface until after the election.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It is staggering that a woman who had invited Brittain and his wife for dinner parties in her own home on 3 separate occasions should have been asked to chair this enquiry.

It would appear that the government is not being rigorous enough in their pursuit of a suitable chair. Farage could easily gain another 3-4% in the polls if he condemned the government for not taking child abuse seriously, and would make serious political capital if the Brittain allegation went toxic in the lead-up to the next election.

[/B]It almost looks as if Cameron is spinning this out so the preliminary findings of the enquiry don't surface until after the election.[B]

Mr Nail, meet Lord Head...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here