Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Phil Neville

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't tweet often but have to take issue with your idea that it is stupid. Tweeting per se isn't spupid, not thinking carefully about what you put out into the public domain is stupid. Especially if you are high profile.

Any fool would realise that this tweet wouldn't go down well, even five years ago.

That said I don't believe it is a reason for such uproar and calls for his head.

I won't comment on his eligibility for the job because that would assume that the FA had some sense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't tweet often but have to take issue with your idea that it is stupid. Tweeting per se isn't spupid, not thinking carefully about what you put out into the public domain is stupid. Especially if you are high profile.

Any fool would realise that this tweet wouldn't go down well, even five years ago.

That said I don't believe it is a reason for such uproar and calls for his head.

I won't comment on his eligibility for the job because that would assume that the FA had some sense.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So funny as saying it 'doesn't meet the threshold for a charge' the FA have made an absolute rod for their own back now, as if they charge footballers after this regarding the content of 'historical tweets' (as they did with Andre Gray) and could do with Everton's Mason Holgate (under investigation for 'homophobic' tweets when he was 15-16) any defence i imagine would be along the lines of: 'you let Phil Neville off, surely my client should also be let off.' Oh dear what a mess for them. They get so much wrong.

Where were 'Kick it Out' recently when Trevor Sinclair was found to have called a Policeman a 'white c%&t'........was a deafening silence from them. Seemingly only interested in tackling racism one way and not the other. Imagine if was say Danny Mills who had called a Policeman a black c%&t, they'd have been all over it..........'racism in football very much alive' 'education is needed' blah blah blah.

racism is an industry

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
6 year old tweets which were a really shit attempt at being funny. Two tweets jesus christ. Anyone actually offended by this is a complete idiot. Give the man the Job and raise the profile of womens football a little more in this country.
Absolutely this. If we want to go further then it was also suggested in recent times that he had told people that he had no idea how to make an instant cup of coffee.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11323728/Phil-Neville-makes-premier-cup-of-coffee.html

Some would argue that would mean he is not very bright. This shouldn't preclude selection and suitability any more that those utterances on Twitter so long ago. He was a decent player without being exceptional and speaks in a fairly erudite fashion (for a northerner).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I get what your saying but how difficult is it to think"Better check my media history to see if ive been cracking jokes about women and edit it" before accepting the job?

In fairness, I can barely remember what I put on here or tweeted yesterday, let alone 5-6 years ago. But I do take your point, a loose word her or there online these days can easily come back to bite you on the arse some time in the future.

When I come to power I will probably delete my Twitter account, and have [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] check my 50,000 posts on here for anything that could be considered a bit untoward.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
In fairness, I can barely remember what I put on here or tweeted yesterday, let alone 5-6 years ago. But I do take your point, a loose word her or there online these days can easily come back to bite you on the arse some time in the future.

When I come to power I will probably delete my Twitter account, and have [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] check my 50,000 posts for anything that could be considered untoward.

Did you ever provide an update as to how your co-worker responded to receiving a duck vibrator from your good self?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you ever provide an update as to how your co-worker responded to receiving a duck vibrator from your good self?

I bet there's a question you thought you'd never ask.

In answer though, the response was an "oh wow!", followed by a brief chortle. She didn't take it out of the box, or insert the batteries though. Hard to interpret tbh, but I'd speculate on the "underwhelmed" side of things. At least it wasn't outright anger or tearful mortified offence, so all things being equal, its job done for another year.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I bet there's a question you thought you'd never ask.

In answer though, the response was an "oh wow!", followed by a brief chortle. She didn't take it out of the box, or insert the batteries though. Hard to interpret tbh, but I'd speculate on the "underwhelmed" side of things. At least it wasn't outright anger or tearful mortified offence, so all things being equal, its job done for another year.
Is that a vibrator shaped like a duck or a vibrator for pleasuring ducks?

I can't imagine the necessity for either.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whatever you need to tell your self Loons :lolol::facepalm:

I love the fact that you had to check your own posts to make sure who hadn't tried to feebly link to Islam. You muppet :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Do you think posting :lolol: hides the fact that youve been caught out in your lies and projections again? If theres any feeble posting on Islam its you defending it in a country the otherside of the planet.

Your weak posting is easily managed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that a vibrator shaped like a duck or a vibrator for pleasuring ducks?

I can't imagine the necessity for either.

Its simply a duck for the bath, that vibrates. Cheap enough, it was only a small bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here