Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that obviously the ST will drop off considerably and more will opt for buying tickets match by match as they are readily available. My family have 5 tickets 2 of which struggle for midweek games because of work they will probably not renew and buy tickets for the Saturday games and give midweek games a miss.

D

Deleted member 22389

I would guess it will be nearer 14000 and getting towards the numbers of hard core supporters. If PB spin can get 16000 that will be remarkable taking into account our poor season.

Place will look empty with 14,000, I really hope it's not that but 14,000 sounds about right for hard core supporters.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be honest it will be easier to thin these nob heads out who think its only worthwhile to go to the Albion when we are winning. Tosspots, poor football so what, its better than anything else you are going to do on a saturday.

All these people saying they are going to save money, what else will you do on a saturday, a bit of gardening or shopping with the wife, the first time you see the Albion have won in the 90th minute I hope you regret your poor move of giving up your season ticket, while you will be sticking in a cassarole, while your old lady is spending you £50 you have saved that month on a season ticket, the rest of us will be going ****ing crackers.

If you can't afford a season ticket fair enough. but I ask you this, can you afford to miss out on those memories, how much really a month are you saving as whatever you replace the Albion with, will still cost you and most importantly do you really want to see your wife instead of the Albion, come on, shes probably a munter, moans at you to put up some shelves and is past it.

The football might be shit, but its better than the alternitves. Dont be a mug renew your season ticket.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
To be honest it will be easier to thin these nob heads out who think its only worthwhile to go to the Albion when we are winning. Tosspots, poor football so what, its better than anything else you are going to do on a saturday.

All these people saying they are going to save money, what else will you do on a saturday, a bit of gardening or shopping with the wife, the first time you see the Albion have won in the 90th minute I hope you regret your poor move of giving up your season ticket, while you will be sticking in a cassarole, while your old lady is spending you £50 you have saved that month on a season ticket, the rest of us will be going ****ing crackers.

If you can't afford a season ticket fair enough. but I ask you this, can you afford to miss out on those memories, how much really a month are you saving as whatever you replace the Albion with, will still cost you and most importantly do you really want to see your wife instead of the Albion, come on, shes probably a munter, moans at you to put up some shelves and is past it.

The football might be shit, but its better than the alternitves. Dont be a mug renew your season ticket.

Is this a leak of the season ticket renewal letter?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looking forward to The Flight Of The Lanyards already. Put on your Reeboks man, go play fkcuing tennis! :thumbsup:
Why would you want less people at the match? That's crazy.

Those kind of supporters will always materialise when things are going well. At least for the moment, they are contributing to our club coffers etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting certainly, what are you up to now in season ticket sales? Back up to 23,000?

I can't help thinking that the Albion have a very large amount of fans who will just walk away from season tickets next season unless we show some real intent to be challengers. Historically we have no been good at crowd retention when we are shit and now we have such a massive stadium and over half the fans that have a season ticket probably never went anywhere near Withdean, so why would they be loyal to the rubbish on offer this season?

Here's Derby's average attendance over the last 6 years (not season tickets) as requested in a previous post.

Derby
09/10 - 29,230 (14th)
10/11 - 25,863 (19th)
11/12 - 25,878 (12th)
12/13 - 23,075 (10th)
13/14 - 24,981 (3rd)
14/15 - 28,609 (3rd currently)

ICG... - I'm feeling gloomy too but your repeated prediction of a "up to" 48% drop (ie: 10K) in ST sales next season would be unprecedented for *any* club in recent history however poor a season they might have had.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This. We need to know if the club is in it for the football or the real estate. Currently the football seems like almost an afterthought.

Presumably you're churlishly accusing Tony Bloom of investing in the club to sell it here. If so he's a complete fool because there is no way he could get anything like the £205m he's invested in the club even if the hotel plans ever come to fruition. The club, the stadium simply aren't worth anything like that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably you're churlishly accusing Tony Bloom of investing in the club to sell it here. If so he's a complete fool because there is no way he could get anything like the £205m he's invested in the club even if the hotel plans ever come to fruition. The club, the stadium simply aren't worth anything like that.

I'm not accusing him of anything (on a public forum) other than taking his eye off the ball on the footballing side of things

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Altogether now:

"We balance our books,
We balance our boo-ooks,
We're Brighton'n'Hove Albion,
We balance our books"

But we don't balance our books do we ? We lose millions every year despite some cost cutting on the non playing side by Barber, the increased sponsorship he's brought it and the high average attendance and those losses (to pay for a first teams squads wages) thats subsidised by Tony Bloom's cheque book.

Again. Its a fair argument to say TB picked the wrong manager, Burke's team recruited the wrong players, And Sami's tactics/coaching were a disaster resulting in us still being 20th in the league but the club is not frugal, "penny pinching" when it comes to our player budget given our income or signings. And parachute payments do make a difference in terms of ability to compete. Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich all received a cheque for £24m before the season kicked off this year. Thats about the same as Brighton's entire income from ticket sales, sponsorship and TV.

We've spent a fortune on our player budget ( just look at the car park on match day) and its well inside the top 10 of the entire Championship and this years wage bill is the biggest in the clubs history.
But it hasn't worked out. Blame the manager, tactics, recruitment, or blame the players. But this idea we suffer from a "lack of ambition". Its nonsense.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not accusing him of anything (on a public forum) other than taking his eye off the ball on the footballing side of things

Is the club of which he is the chairman and owns in it for the "real estate ?" - what did you mean then ?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

So how many of these fantastic exciting "memories" have you got from this season??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would guess it will be nearer 14000 and getting towards the numbers of hard core supporters. If PB spin can get 16000 that will be remarkable taking into account our poor season.

Of the existing roughly 21k STHs I can see 15k renewing , 3k deciding to pick and choose which games to attend and 3k either giving up altogether or perhaps going to 3 or 4 games max.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So how many of these fantastic exciting "memories" have you got from this season??

Plenty, not all about the 90 minutes! Whats to say next season will be like this one on the pitch anyway, this season has been nothing like the past.

Stop being a misrable *******.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here