Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia to Watford

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Sky sources he is also in talks with dirty leeds

So he left Israel again because of bombs and missiles and the threat of attack and is in talks with Leeds? I'd rather be sat in the middle of a big target in the middle of Tel Aviv than take the Leeds job

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
or agree to take Watford after we have played them on 4th Oct then take the Leeds job on months trial either way. Then put large bet on himself getting the job. Type of thing Arry would do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would imagine we've already had more shots this season than the entirety of last...
We had more shots on target last season v Charlton than on Saturday.

But don't let the truth get in the way of rewriting history.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Pretty sure we had more shots with a shite squad last season than when poyet was here....Remember numerous games where we had no shots on target and 5/6 shots a game.Thank god those days are gone regardless of making the playoffs.

I like garcia though and wish him well...Very honourable man who appreciates the fans :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We had more shots on target last season v Charlton than on Saturday.

But don't let the truth get in the way of rewriting history.

Boy oh boy, sarcasm doesn't reflect well in plain text does it?

To clarify, no I don't think in the first few games of this season we've actually taken more shots than the entirety of the last, however, it feels like we are more attacking, less cautious and having more shots. Better?

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Alright Brighton fans, Watford fan in peace here....thoughts on Oscar Garcia, he is in talks to be our new boss and apparently our number 1 target and expected to be installed by Thursday.

Whats your thoughts on him?

Well on a positive note, nice bloke, makes a big point on warming to fans, high class coach from probably one of the biggest clubs in the world. Any man who has Johan Cryuff, Pep Guadiola , & Jose Mourinho on Speed Dial on his Mobile Phone can't be all bad ?.

On a negative note, an interviewers nightmare, needs people around him he can truly communicate with.
I now worry about his commitment to a Club in management, he's obviously quite happy to change clubs on a wim. It will be interesting to see what he changes if anything regarding your gun ho attacking style ?.

Good steady appointment for Watford I would think ?.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Boy oh boy, sarcasm doesn't reflect well in plain text does it?

To clarify, no I don't think in the first few games of this season we've actually taken more shots than the entirety of the last, however, it feels like we are more attacking, less cautious and having more shots. Better?
That's fine and dandy, as I said here:-

We only had 4 on Saturday, with 64% possession.

It'll not be a popular opinion on here, but Watford and Oscar will finish higher than us.
History is currently being rewritten, and Oscar is coming out very badly.

We've had rumours about his family.
He was accused of over training the team while never training the team, along with a few other contradictions.
Manager of the Month Oscar only played dull football.
The club were desperate for him to leave but refused to accept his letter of resignation.

It didn't work out.
We're all perplexed as to how a war zone is preferable to Brighton.

I very much doubt any those up in arms about Oscar now, would be protesting outside the ground on Saturday having seen us win 4 of our first 5 league games, even though they were all 1-0 victories.

the rewriting of Oscar history, on this board, is amazing.

It goes far beyond sarcy comments.
Since he popped up again there was been hundreds of digs about a manager who was under resourced, crippled by injuries, not to mention players with their 'heads turned'.

Yet we accomplished our second play off spot, which has the possibility down the road of costing Sami his job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here