Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa was an £8 million bargain for Leicester, says Nigel Pearson...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Glenn Murray has gone though.......

The TWO BIGGEST mistakes in the new Amex era was

1) Letting him go in the first place.

2) Not getting him back either paying cash when the Hoskins swap deal was on or getting him back on loan and letting Reading have hin

:angry: :angry: :angry:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Where are the fools that said we should have sold for £3m

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where are the fools that said we should have sold for £3m
Don't think anyone said that we should've sold for 3m, especially as we paid 2m. Credit to whoever did the deal though; 8.5m plus add ons was very good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't think anyone said that we should've sold for 3m, especially as we paid 2m. Credit to whoever did the deal though; 8.5m plus add ons was very good.

There were many,happy to let go before any bidding took place at the embryonic stage of speculative rumour happy to let go for that figure,the fact that you cannot remember or suggest that anybody did leads me to assume perhaps that you might have been one? :lolol:

I thought at the time it was awful business for the Albion and noithing has changed my mind on that. His sale set the tone for this terrible season and as for the revenues it bought in, offset that against season ticket holders who will walk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought at the time it was awful business for the Albion and noithing has changed my mind on that. His sale set the tone for this terrible season and as for the revenues it bought in, offset that against season ticket holders who will walk

Surely it can only be awful business if the club are in the position to turn down £8-£10 million.
Unfortunately they are not.
You must agree that is fantastic money for Leo, which as yet hasn't been spent in a way that will maintain or even generate further income.

Simply put:-
Leicester made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Not to mention all the possible problems generated by turning down a players chance to play top flight football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scored again today :rant:

That said, Reading are by no means doing well. I think they won last weekend, but generally, they've been bang out of form. Murray has hardly proved the solution to all their (parachute-payment-assisted) problems.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As this PL season heads towards its climax, Ulloa has scored just 7 PL goals. In addition, Leicester are likely heading for relegation and so Ulloa's not kept them up with the vital goals he was bought for.

For a fee of £8m, I think he's flopped.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As this PL season heads towards its climax, Ulloa has scored just 7 PL goals. In addition, Leicester are likely heading for relegation and so Ulloa's not kept them up with the vital goals he was bought for.

Could do a job :moo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Can't see us getting any bonus payments too , he hasn't scored enough goals , hasn't made enough appearances and hasn't kept them up :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought there was 500k after 20 appearances?

There was supposed to be another £2M linked to PL survival and appearances but unless you were a fly on the wall during the negotiations its impossible to say when the appearance bonuses kick in. Palace thought they would be getting £5M in bonuses from Man United for Winifred but then actually ended up £4M in profit when they bought him back at a discount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here