Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall - Hart v Knight

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall?

• Gary Hart

Votes: 114 85.1%
  • Leon Knight

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How about one where Harty is LAMPING that guy down by the corner flag at Withdean?

The one when he'd not contributed anything for about six months, finally came on as sub, with about four minutes to go in a game, and got sent off two minutes later!? Go on then, I'm sold.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
True enough, of course. I'd have those over one of Hart trying really hard, though.

So you acknowledge it (very obviously) isn't an iconic moments wall, but just don't like Harty so don't want him on there?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The one when he'd not contributed anything for about six months, finally came on as sub, with about four minutes to go in a game, and got sent off two minutes later!? Go on then, I'm sold.

Yep that was the one :lolol:

To be fair, if he were ever to get a place on the legends wall, they'd probably have to put one of Owusu just beside him holding up the ball...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So you acknowledge it (very obviously) isn't an iconic moments wall, but just don't like Harty so don't want him on there?

I think that its an art installation, with no real set criteria for inclusion. Some are clearly there as 'legends', some as iconic moments, Hyppia as the current boss.

I don't dislike Hart at all. I do think he is over-rated, and am gobsmacked if any Brighton fan thinks he has ever been hard done by, where the Albion is concerned.

As to not wanting him on the wall. I really, honestly could not give two shits whether he's on it or not.

<edit> Actually, if him going up would mean the CEO wasting his time answering pointless e-mails, and the club wasting a couple of hundred quid printing a new banner, then I vote no. If you want to pay for it, I'll applaud your efforts.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The wall is supposed to represent moments in our History, Knight scoring and the celebration of that penalty is right up there IMHO.

Odious little twerp that he is.

If that is the reason for selection, why is local lad Adrian Thorne not up there, as his 5 goals against Watford won our first ever Football League promotion. That I consider represents a very memorable moment in the clubs history.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think that its an art installation, with no real set criteria for inclusion. Some are clearly there as 'legends', some as iconic moments, Hyppia as the current boss.

I don't dislike Hart at all. I do think he is over-rated, and am gobsmacked if any Brighton fan thinks he has ever been hard done by, where the Albion is concerned.

As to not wanting him on the wall. I really, honestly could not give two shits whether he's on it or not.

<edit> Actually, if him going up would mean the CEO wasting his time answering pointless e-mails, and the club wasting a couple of hundred quid printing a new banner, then I vote no. If you want to pay for it, I'll applaud your efforts.

I don't think he's over-rated. I think you think he's over-loved. No one here is making out he was some kind of Cristiano Ronaldo, classy footballer.

And for the record, I'm not really fussed either way who gets put up on the legends wall

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's really the..........Someone managed to get a half decent photo of this player, wall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair to Gary, he has got two milestones in the history of BHA. He scored the first goal at Withdean and the first goal at the Amex.

What iconic moment did Gary Hart have ? Maybe a picture of him being sent off against Palace on a stretcher ?

There you go.

If that is the reason for selection, why is local lad Adrian Thorne not up there, as his 5 goals against Watford won our first ever Football League promotion. That I consider represents a very memorable moment in the clubs history.

E-mail Paul Barber and ask him, because I don't know, or frankly care who's on it.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Can anyone name all the players/managers that are currently on the wall? How many spaces do we have?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you think he's over-loved.

I think no such thing - Its not my place, nor anyone else's, to dictate who people want to love, or how much they want to love them! If 6,000 of our fans want to declare their undying, unconditional love for Joe Dolan, that's their perogative.

If they start petitionning Paul Barber for the club to spend money erecting an enormous statue in homage to his Albion career, I'd probably voice my dissent though...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think no such thing - Its not my place, nor anyone else's, to dictate who people want to love, or how much they want to love them! If 6,000 of our fans want to declare their undying, unconditional love for Joe Dolan, that's their perogative.

If they start petitionning Paul Barber for the club to spend money erecting an enormous statue in homage to his Albion career, I'd probably voice my dissent though...

But I can't see anyone over-rating him and saying he was a great player? Saying someone is an "albion legend" is not at all the same as saying they were a great player, it's more saying that they loved the club etc. I can't really see your point.

Witch Hunt.jpg

Who are these four 'people'? BURN THEM!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I see a great opportunity to revamp the 'wall' and perhaps for the club to make a few bob too.

I'd like to see the banner wall extended, with lots more 'banners' from the bottom of the steps behind the South Stand, continuing to where they are now, adding more colour to the outside of the stadium.

The cost could be covered by each banner having a 'sponsor', with a company (or individual) name underneath, thus more than covering the cost of these additional banners.

I'm not suggesting the company (or individual) chose the player, that should be done by coming up with a long list of past players etc. and a poll/vote organised to select the most popular.

Just a thought.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To be fair to Gary, he has got two milestones in the history of BHA. He scored the first goal at Withdean and the first goal at the Amex.

Didn't Freeman score the first (competitive at least) goal at Withdean?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
IMO.... for the little it maybe worth. If we feel we need to portray 'legends' I personally feel they should be players (or anyone else for that matter), that has been the club, lived it and loved it. Both in the occasional good time but also in the dire late and post Goldstone years. Not at all for someone that's stuck their foot out at the right moment, but couldn't give a s**t about the Club. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here