Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Gargan former president of Whitehawk FC jailed for racially abusing woman

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which is ironic seeing as Whitehawk fans sing anti-racist songs every match.

Whitehawk have dissociated themselves from him. The fans certainly don't want him back.

I tend to agree, I know Gargon has a reputation for being a hard-nut, but I cannot fathom how anyone unprovoked could randomly go up to someone and give them such vile abuse, no excuse but I would at least of expected some previous interaction or confrontation between the group.

I can, if their underlying mentality is being a racist. Others on here say he's not - I can't argue with that, but this is what has happened here. Similarly, I'd love to know the circumstances under which the pregnant woman provoked him into racially abusing her.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Whitehawk have dissociated themselves from him. The fans certainly don't want him back.

I can, if their underlying mentality is being a racist. Others on here say he's not - I can't argue with that, but this is what has happened here. Similarly, I'd love to know the circumstances under which the pregnant woman provoked him into racially abusing her.

I thought you knew everything

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
well some people on here have made out hes a jolly roger type villain -- perhaps
coward
bully
Neanderthal
would be more to the point, lets hope no-one inside takes offence to his attitude towards females, he can be truly proud of his courageous actions, and his friends must believe he showed that woman whos Boss !!!!!!!.
I would imagine ---his female relatives are feeling repulsed knowing it was delivered in front of children.

The same posters seemed almost impressed with his hard man (bully) credentials, and indicated a miscarriage of justice.

Laughable.

A racist thug has got his just desserts:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Which is ironic seeing as Whitehawk fans sing anti-racist songs every match.

Changing the subject slightly, I was chatting to a Whitehawk fan the other week and they have a very puritanical approach to supporting their team. There's no abusing the ref, no abusing the opposition and no swearing either. Fair play to them and it's completely their business how they cheer on Whitehawk but I'm not sure I could cope with that. I love a good sweary rant at football.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Hilarious. The 15 year old girl he'd just threatened with a knife and knocked to the ground was pleased to get her property back so I'm not too bothered if I'm a grass or not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Changing the subject slightly, I was chatting to a Whitehawk fan the other week and they have a very puritanical approach to supporting their team. There's no abusing the ref, no abusing the opposition and no swearing either. Fair play to them and it's completely their business how they cheer on Whitehawk but I'm not sure I could cope with that. I love a good sweary rant at football.

Football without being able to say cockwomble just wouldn't be the same for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was at school with him - he was a couple of years ahead of me but I vaguely remember him, mainly because of his splendid name.

What were the chances of him being called Judge Niblet and growing up to be a judge!!??

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Having been to a few Whitehawk games that doesn't sound entirely right to me. What is right is there is no swearing in their songs or chants but plenty of individuals swear when talking. They do indeed take the piss out of the ref and opposition but just without swearing in their chants. Puritanical is the last way I'd describe it. As fans can drink in the stands most people are pretty half cut before kick off and it's a good laugh in general.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'll take your Norwood or Skalak and raise you Ryan Harley.

gettyimages-470309868.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Having been to a few Whitehawk games that doesn't sound entirely right to me. What is right is there is no swearing in their songs or chants but plenty of individuals swear when talking. They do indeed take the piss out of the ref and opposition but just without swearing in their chants. Puritanical is the last way I'd describe it. As fans can drink in the stands most people are pretty half cut before kick off and it's a good laugh in general.

Fair play to them then but still not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here