Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - the silence is deafening .....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
On a sensible basis, were he to return, roughly how many shirt sales do you honestly feel such an event would generate relative to normal sales bearing in mind the shiny new away kits?

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
If he came through LGW this morning, i assume he has only just come back from Orlando where he has been at the Soccer Academy. So now he's home perhaps he'll be down for talks?

Please BHAFC, please.

He's already been down for talks a couple of weeks back. He then failed a medical. Can't see it happening to be honest

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Zamora say, "Shhhhhhhhhh."
image.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he failed a medical, that's probably why he told the chap at Gatwick that he was now after a pay-per-game contract. Seems he is desperate to come home, let's hope the club can accommodate him somehow.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If he failed a medical, that's probably why he told the chap at Gatwick that he was now after a pay-per-game contract. Seems he is desperate to come home, let's hope the club can accommodate him somehow.

Indeed, the club are being small minded about this...@ £10k a match he would need 400 @ £25 to pay his way. I would think that 5x this minimum, maybe 10x would turn out. (Never mind corporate, shirts, food & drink, ST sales)
There is NO downside & would give the whole place a morale boost to kick off the season. Maybe it's time for Tony to wade in & lean on Hughton & Barber & get a deal done

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
2 people who work for the club

Happened a couple of weeks ago

The two people who worked at the club who claim this. What position/job title do they hold ? I don't think that's true. I don't even think Zamorra is under consideration and never has been. I know that will disappoint a lot of people but I don't think we will go for a striker as old as Zamorra

Indeed, the club are being small minded about this...@ £10k a match he would need 400 @ £25 to pay his way. I would think that 5x this minimum, maybe 10x would turn out. (Never mind corporate, shirts, food & drink, ST sales)
There is NO downside & would give the whole place a morale boost to kick off the season. Maybe it's time for Tony to wade in & lean on Hughton & Barber & get a deal done

Where do you get the £10k per game figure from? Someone who's been earning around £3m per annum is going to take a drop in salary to £230k max - really?
Maybe there's employer's NI (@13.8%), VAT on ticket sales (20%) that the club doesn't get, travel cost within the ticket price, how many EXTRA shirts exactly, food & drink sales go to the caterers not the club etc etc to factor in.
True, there's absolutely no commercial downside provided you just make up the financing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Where do you get the £10k per game figure from? Someone who's been earning around £3m per annum is going to take a drop in salary to £230k max - really?
Maybe there's employer's NI (@13.8%), VAT on ticket sales (20%) that the club doesn't get, travel cost within the ticket price, how many EXTRA shirts exactly, food & drink sales go to the caterers not the club etc etc to factor in.
True, there's absolutely no commercial downside provided you just make up the financing.

Well done to you for never having to, before or after, working below the maximum you have ever been paid....

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The two people who worked at the club who claim this. What position/job title do they hold ? I don't think that's true. I don't even think Zamorra is under consideration and never has been. I know that will disappoint a lot of people but I don't think we will go for a striker as old as Zamorra

So, Mr NooBHA, since you seem to know what Hughton is thinking, can you confirm that we have no interest whatever in Leon Best? You could either put a few people's minds at rest, including mine, or light the paper for the biggest binfest there has ever been on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here