Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Christ I've heard it all now :annoyed:
Bloody hope he doesn't sign as the club need to start focusing on the future instead of the bloody past...When he misses 30 games don't start whinging about the budget and cover for him.

Seriously let his great memories stay in the past
Would there be a better striker than him to hold the ball up in the Championship? I cant think of one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would there be a better striker than him to hold the ball up in the Championship? I cant think of one.

I agree. He is brilliant at it. Would love to see Baldock playing off of Bobby as the second striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would love to see Baldock playing off of xxx as the second striker.
What in the last 4 months of last season makes you think that's happening next season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What in the last 4 months of last season makes you think that's happening next season?

Nothing, except watching the top clubs in our league, but I'd still love to see it. Wouldn't you? Or would you prefer us to continue scoring 0, count them zero, goals almost every game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing, except watching the top clubs in our league, but I'd still love to see it. Wouldn't you? Or would you prefer us to continue scoring 0, count them zero, goals almost every game?
It's pretty much the only thing I've asked for in the Amex era.

We've had 20+ 'strikers' ply their trade during that time, many of which have been ideal pairings.
Sadly you could count on the fingers of 1 hand the minutes such a pair have been utilised.

As said, Hughton has had the tools, and the 'excuse', if he needed one, to try a more attacking formation.
He refused then, making me think we're still in dreamland if were expecting a goal (even attempt) bonanza next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OK, Mr Barber. I had no intention of buying a home shirt next year.

However, I will if RLZ comes back, and what's more I'll put Zamora and a big 25 on the back.

And I'll buy an EXTRA beer EVERY game to toast him.

So there.

Please put that on your spreadsheet when costing this deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
so does KLL have to give his squad number up?
Yes, of course - if I was making the decision.

Zamora 52 isn't quite the same.

In fact I'd still do Zamora 25 on the shirt, even if he didn't get his legendary number back.

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread but my take on Bobby Zamora is I'm sorry we released him. He clearly had (still has?) a problem with his hip up to the tail end of last season. That we made the play-offs, beat Wigan in the semi-final and then won the damned thing is down to him. He came back from injury and was on fire. He was used as a sub and he came on and turned games. He gave me a moment at Wembley I'll never forget.

He bullies defences, gives them a hard time, works his socks off. Will he score goals like he did last time he was with you? No. Can he make a contribution? Yes. I think someone will sign him.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It was the most successful period in the history of the club. The bloke was our talismanic striker in a team who won 2 consecutive titles - then opted to stay for another year with us in Division One, despite Premier League interest.

Proper Albion legend. Probably the most important Albion player since Ward (and Reinelt)

it wasn't. you can quote all the lower league trophies you like, 78-83 was our most successful period.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
BZ - don't see why our fans would turn on him particularly? They'll rightly turn on any striker who is lazy. Just my opinion, but whenever I've see Bobby play for QPR, I've always thought he's still got it.

Garner - my point about him is, like CMS and Baldock before him, great L1 striker, but failed at Championship level...

Baldock may not have scored many goals, but he has done what has been asked of him, and usually pretty well, and scored a couple of pretty good goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Presumably he means Luongo - who just moved from Swindon to QPR for in the region of £4m.
Proving once again there's very little value in the English transfer market.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Proving once again there's very little value in the English transfer market.

It's a LOT of money for a player from L1, though in fairness, Luongo is only 22, and looks a very good player. He was not only Australia's best player, but voted the best player in the whole tournament, at the recent Asia Cup.

Though even if we were interested, QPR would have outbid on wages, and Chris Ramsey was his youth coach when he arrived (at Tottenham) from Australia.

His Mum is INDONESIAN which would have pleased our resident flairniacs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a LOT of money for a player from L1, though in fairness, Luongo is only 22, and looks a very good player. He was not only Australia's best player, but voted the best player in the whole tournament, at the recent Asia Cup.

Though even if we were interested, QPR would have outbid on wages, and Chris Ramsey was his youth coach when he arrived (at Tottenham) from Australia.

His Mum is INDONESIAN which would have pleased our resident flairniacs.
Who'd want to be on the scouting team? (other than BG)

I'm sure he's very good now and a good prospect, but £4m.

I wonder how much of that valuation comes from the fact that 'parachute payments' were bidding for him?

If the second best player in the Asia Cup happened to be playing in Holland's third division, looking for a move to the Eredivisie, would he have a £4m price tag.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Baldock may not have scored many goals, but he has done what has been asked of him, and usually pretty well, and scored a couple of pretty good goals.

I would say, at best, the jury is out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here