Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boo, clap or meh.

Reception for Poyet IF he comes to the Amex?

• Total voters

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
When people say they'll clap Poyet, at exactly what point are they planning to do with this? How will we know they're clapping him and not our own team emerging onto the pitch?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sing Oscar Garcia until I'm a little hoarse.

image.jpg

That I would like to see.:)

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well we learned afterwards that he was being investigated for gross misconduct. So you should ask yourself how you would act at work if you knew you were under investigation for gross misconduct. In those circumstances I think he held himself rather well.

Think that's a loop that could be gone round many times with those against and backing Poyet could make their points to many times.
Just my personal opinion that he affected our chances in that match when he should have been doing his job. If he'd got us to wembley and then got us up I wonder what would have happened to the gross misconduct charge

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I plan to bottle up my emotions, never speaking about him to anyone until it begins to eat away at me and I develop a series of complex mental health problems.

I will let you know how it goes.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
IF we get through the only thing I will be doing is getting behind Oscar and the boys. Poyet is nothing to do with us anymore and the least amount of time spent on him the better

Very much this.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
This. Lots and lots of Oscar songs. Nothing would annoy Poyet more than not feeling like the centre of attention. And it avoids the boo/not booing debate.

Absolutely this. Show him how much we love our current manager. First let's just beat Championship Hull City/ Tigers though.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think Gus deserves a round of applause as, although he left under a cloud, he developed the team and made us believe we could go up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love the idea of the entire west stand turning their backs. He wouldn't know what to do!

You think so, he would clap the west stand sarcastically..... He will feed off any negativity towards him, and if they beat us, he would celebrate by running naked round the pitch punching the air furiously shouting I am f%#^*/g brilliant.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I love the idea of the entire west stand turning their backs. He wouldn't know what to do!

Bit childish though isn't it? We should at least give the man some respect as he did a good job for us during the time he was here (apart from when it all turned to shit at the end).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just a shame he did not believe it himself, otherwise he would have given the team talk before the fateful Palace game.

And how do you know he didn't? There are still lots of unanswered questions and he was facing a difficult management decision over what happened.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Clap every time for me. I was so pleased with the draw. Hope we do it and give Gus the send off from the Amex he deserved. Thanks and gratitude. While beating them of course.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gus was one of my favourite managers in helm of the Albion , so I'd applaud pre-match ... before getting back behind Oscar and the lads :)

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Should this happen and it is an evening game, we could have sweepstake for what time the manager arrives at the ground. Can 19.22 be beaten for such an important game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here