Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football rivalries

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Liverpool v Man Utd. The 2 most decorated clubs in English football, only about 20 miles apart. United, have 2 more league titles, while Liverpool have won 5 European cups to United's 3.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Millwall v West Ham - meh. Not a proper rivalry, people only notice it because of crowd trouble. Here are my reasons: West Ham are 4 or 5 times bigger so it's lopsided, their games are never played to full houses because of crowd trouble, and most West Ham fans in an average office barely give a toss about Millwall. West Ham consider Spurs every bit as big a game as Millwall anyway, and Chelsea not far behind.

I would agree with you regarding Cardiff and Swansea. Like many town v town rivalries, there are forces aside from football at work there.
Simster, the average new breed of happy flappy football fan at West Ham ( no I don't put you in that bracket) might not care about millwall , but the rest really do consider millwall their rivals, recent games are played to full houses , but with just a very small allocation to the away team.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No mention yet of Mansfield v Chesterfield with it's roots in the miners strike?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Been to 2 Vale v Stoke games lively as can be, but Rovers v City at Twerton 2nd May 1990 was utter madness . Rovers beat City 3 0 to take the title over City . That was one dodgy evening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster, the average new breed of happy flappy football fan at West Ham ( no I don't put you in that bracket) might not care about millwall , but the rest really do consider millwall their rivals, recent games are played to full houses , but with just a very small allocation to the away team.
Yes, saying "barely give a toss" was a bit of a stretch. That said, in my experience most of them would rather beat Spurs or Chelsea.

Actually, Spurs Chelsea and West Ham have a "hate triangle" going on don't they? Funny how Arsenal seem to be left out of that. I can only assume it's because their firm was never as TASTY as was made clear when that tit from the herd came on here a few years back. I'm sure you know more about it than I do.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No it's not

Yes it is , I'm not questioning that the industrial dispute happened , but it being the reason for the rivalry is bollox, this was made up by some cub reporter to pad out a story , the bit in the telegraph even mentions the krays and richardsons for christs sake.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oxford v Swindon, can get a bit nasty...

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, saying "barely give a toss" was a bit of a stretch. That said, in my experience most of them would rather beat Spurs or Chelsea.

Actually, Spurs Chelsea and West Ham have a "hate triangle" going on don't they? Funny how Arsenal seem to be left out of that. I can only assume it's because their firm was never as TASTY as was made clear when that tit from the herd came on here a few years back. I'm sure you know more about it than I do.
he was a go between :whistle:
regards
DR

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

As far as the rivalry thing goes , I have to hold my hands up that Chelsea have a bit of unrequited hatred towards spurs because we have no natural "local" rivals , qpr and Fulham would LOVE for us to have a little bit of hatred for them but it's just not there , in fact we sing to both of them "we don't hate you, cos you're sh1t"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here