banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who on earth chooses chicken? Bland, bland bland.
Simply because it's not unhealthy. I eat meat every day, and eating beef, lamb or pork every day for the rest of my life wouldn't be good.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Simply because it's not unhealthy. I eat meat every day, and eating beef, lamb or pork every day for the rest of my life wouldn't be good.

Then don't eat it EVERY day. Absolutely no need, plenty of tasty and healthier alternatives out there.

Thinking again about the question I would go Fish, so so so many varieties out there and so many amazing things you can do with it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Has to be Beef. Loads of different steaks, mince for Bolognese etc, and loads of Roast options. I love all meat but if I had to go for one, reckon there's more variety from the humble cow !! Roast Rib of Beef, can't beat it for Sunday lunch

This. I voted beef even though my favourite meat is lamb. But as crookie says, beef has got many varieties.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I went pork, but in fact it would be gammon for me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Chicken: one of the healthiest meats, and goes great in all sorts of dishes. I am a huge meat eater though, so the thought of living in a world with no pigs, cows or sheep or fish...terrifies me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Chicken. Probably the healthiest and tastiest meat.

Flavoursome only if you flavour it with something, otherwise virtually the least tasty meats. And as for healthy, you should check out just what is in regular chicken, ok so it's low in fat etc, but the crap chicken sold en masse is so intensively produced it simply cannot be good for you. There are reports that suggest the high levels of antibiotics that are pumped into mass produced chicken meat is part of the problem with antibiotics become less effective against illness.

Personally, I think just about any meat is more healthy than mass produced battery farmed chicken imported from Eastern Europe and even further afield, and that's the chicken you get in all fast food, nandos, ready meals, chain pubs etc.

Buy British, buy local, support your local butcher, and local produce, amd local business. And whatever you buy will be more heathy than a mcnugget , Nandos or a KFC.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Flavoursome only if you flavour it with something, otherwise virtually the least tasty meats. And as for healthy, you should check out just what is in regular chicken, ok so it's low in fat etc, but the crap chicken sold en masse is so intensively produced it simply cannot be good for you. There are reports that suggest the high levels of antibiotics that are pumped into mass produced chicken meat is part of the problem with antibiotics become less effective against illness.

Personally, I think just about any meat is more healthy than mass produced battery farmed chicken imported from Eastern Europe and even further afield, and that's the chicken you get in all fast food, nandos, ready meals, chain pubs etc.

Buy British, buy local, support your local butcher, and local produce, amd local business. And whatever you buy will be more heathy than a mcnugget , Nandos or a KFC.

Nandos buy British chicken. It is a restaurant it's not like Maccy Dees.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Nandos buy British chicken. It is a restaurant it's not like Maccy Dees.

True, but it's still battery/intensively farmed, albeit they don't use antibiotics, IMO it's not much more a restaurant than KFC/McDonald's etc, they don't actually cook anything from scratch, it is all pre prepared to a corporate recipe using offsite prepared products. It's all made to a format and turned out the same regardless of what establishment you are at, the same as it is at mcburgerhut etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I mean with ingredients who has chicken on it's own?

In that case you may as well flavour up some tofu, better for you, less impact on the environment, no animal welfare concerns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here