Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
According to a local Palace fan, Zaha has never wanted to leave and it has all been a vicious media campaign saying he wants to move elsewhere. Apparently he is Palace through and through :wozza:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
According to a local Palace fan, Zaha has never wanted to leave and it has all been a vicious media campaign saying he wants to move elsewhere. Apparently he is Palace through and through :wozza:
Well it makes sense in one way as he is a complete and utter ****.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not if it made it more difficult for me to leave.
The price is not irrelevant though.

It's a relatively short career of course you would take the money if it's on the table. So your boss offers you a pay rise and you say no thanks as in the back of your mind your hoping a third party will come knocking on your door. Sorry that's just madness.
The only clubs who can afford Zaha have an abundance of cash in comparison, would £5 or £10 million difference really put off the likes of Man City or Chelsea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a relatively short career of course you would take the money if it's on the table. So your boss offers you a pay rise and you say no thanks as in the back of your mind your hoping a third party will come knocking on your door. Sorry that's just madness.
Hoping? Zaha and his agent already know if third party's have come knocking.

This is what happens, players do turn down new improved contracts. Just like Dale Stephens turned one down. Just like Zaha turned his down until after the window had shut. But you're saying 'Sorry that's just madness'.

The only clubs who can afford Zaha have an abundance of cash in comparison, would £5 or £10 million difference really put off the likes of Man City or Chelsea.
I doubt City are interested, they can do better. Someone like Arsenal could be, and they'd have a limit of what they'd pay. A new contract would usually mean Palace can hold out for a lot more. Unless Zaha got a release clause inserted, which is possible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In all seriousness, which club would buy him, noting he'd want as much as he's on now?

He's going nowhere (unless Palace go down, which they won't).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Covered on the BBC today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45389974

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 13.00.30.png

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Hoping? Zaha and his agent already know if third party's have come knocking.

This is what happens, players do turn down new improved contracts. Just like Dale Stephens turned one down. Just like Zaha turned his down until after the window had shut. But you're saying 'Sorry that's just madness'.

I doubt City are interested, they can do better. Someone like Arsenal could be, and they'd have a limit of what they'd pay. A new contract would usually mean Palace can hold out for a lot more. Unless Zaha got a release clause inserted, which is possible.

There is no release clause in his new contract.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Release clause doesn't really matter though does it. Palace would only agree to a ridiculously high one and it's already been proven that no other club will pay that for him. Irrelevant.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is no release clause in his new contract.

Is there a relegation clause? If he gets injured long term then you are in trouble and you know it. Trying to pay Zaha's wages in the Championship will make Sunderland paying Jack Rodwell 70k a week look like a shrewd business plan.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there a relegation clause? If he gets injured long term then you are in trouble and you know it. Trying to pay Zaha's wages in the Championship will make Sunderland paying Jack Rodwell 70k a week look like a shrewd business plan.

I'm sure most Prem players either have an actual relegation clause or it's implied in the overall wage structure of each club. I'm sure top earners would be at risk at any relegated club.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sure most Prem players either have an actual relegation clause or it's implied in the overall wage structure of each club. I'm sure top earners would be at risk at any relegated club.

Yes but you forget one minor point in all of this, it's Palace we are talking about and what is normal doesn't apply when discussing how they do things.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm amazed he hasn't been seriously clobbered yet - matter of time shirley???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their 6th season in the Premier League, they've shelled out hundreds of millions of pounds in transfers, they have the biggest wagebill outside of the top 6, and they're still completely and utterly 100% reliant on 1 player.

Total shambles. What a way to run a football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here