Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson [signs on loan until the end of the season]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The same Hemed who already has 5 goals? He hit the bar on Sunday which rebounded for BZ to put in?

He's not hopeless, clearly, but he's not a natural finisher and I'm not sure what you've posted above does his cause any good.

- 5 goals (in 16 games).
- Currently 9 games without a goal.
- Of his 5 goals...
- 1 was a penalty (...and he's missed one since)
- 1 he very possibly didn't touch at all
- 1 was a mistimed header that actually came off his shoulder
- 1 he almost missed from about 6 yards, with it going in off the underside of the bar

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's not hopeless, clearly, but he's not a natural finisher and I'm not sure what you've posted above does his cause any good.

- 5 goals (in 16 games).
- Currently 9 games without a goal.
- Of his 5 goals...
- 1 was a penalty (...and he's missed one since)
- 1 he very possibly didn't touch at all
- 1 was a mistimed header that actually came off his shoulder
- 1 he almost missed from about 6 yards, with it going in off the underside of the bar

The other one was a cracker though!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am still not sure that Hemed has fully settled yet, hopefully a confidence boosting goal will help.

He's not been so good as of late but his touch & passing has always been great IMO overall. Israeli journos all said he'll get you 10-15 goals next season and their prediction seems right plus he's chipping in with a hand in other goals too...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's not been so good as of late but his touch & passing has always been great IMO overall. Israeli journos all said he'll get you 10-15 goals next season and their prediction seems right plus he's chipping in with a hand in other goals too...

Yep, the way he controls the ball and lays it off is great - much better than second touch is a tackle CMS.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see Wilson is on the bench for Macheater United in the Champs league tonight...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bags of pace, both footed and a great finisher with both feet - I hope this goes through...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What about Victor Anchiebe at West Brom seeems out of favour with Pulis.
He does seem to be someone you keep suggesting (a la Matt Derbyshire). Personally I've never rated him and would FAR rather have Wilson.

I'd even go so far as to say that I don't see what Anichebe would really do to improve what we have besides being another body. All about opinions though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner we sign Wilson but at the moment we have noting to bring on from the bench to get a goal if BZ starts Anchiebe has scored 9 in 47 since joining West Brom not brilliant but better than we have for the next few weeks till January.. They may even persuade Pocognolli the left back to sign the same loan.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Victor Anichebes main strength is that he's a strong footballer who can keep ball up, but he doesn't score many either. Main concern with him would be that he's too similar to Hemed and Zamora.

Have heard rumours that both Yoan Gouffran and Libor Kozák might be both heading out on loan, but would rather have Wilson over any of them.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Blimey those goals really show how quick he is and how good he is at keeping the ball under control when running at full pelt. He will get a lot of free kicks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here