Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jonny Williams,

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
We were quite clearly referring to the players produced in the last 5 years that he specifically mentioned: Dunk, Elphick, Cook, Forster-Caskey and March, compared to Zaha, Moses, Clyne, Williams etc.
Every single one of those Palace players are far superior to every single one of those Brighton players and you know it.

You didn't read the post properly so you made a mistake. It's fine, it happens to the best of us. Just move on with your life, you can't win them all. :smile:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We were quite clearly referring to the players produced in the last 5 years that he specifically mentioned: Dunk, Elphick, Cook, Forster-Caskey and March, compared to Zaha, Moses, Clyne, Williams etc.
Every single one of those Palace players are far superior to every single one of those Brighton players and you know it.

You didn't read the post properly so you made a mistake. It's fine, it happens to the best of us. Just move on with your life, you can't win them all. :smile:

Ah bless. You're determined to get that last word aren't you? Okay, off you go, poppet. The floor is all yours.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ah bless. You're determined to get that last word aren't you? Okay, off you go, poppet. The floor is all yours.

Blimey, Buzzer giving up the floor.
Wonders will never cease.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Nathaniel Clyne, Jon Williams, Victor Moses and Wilfried Zaha are in a different class to your lot. Your best products currently reside in Bournemouth, ours are at Chelsea, Southampton and United.[/QUOTE]

WHO!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this the part where we pretend that any of your youth prospects are fit to lace Wilfried's boots?

I look forward to any of your youth players signing for Manchester United for £12m+, or Chelsea for £10m+ :dunce:

Say what you like about the stadium or the training complex, you aren't in a position to compare academy products. Nathaniel Clyne, Jon Williams, Victor Moses and Wilfried Zaha are in a different class to your lot. Your best products currently reside in Bournemouth, ours are at Chelsea, Southampton and United.

...well...Southampton (being outshone by their own youth products), Ipswich Town, Liverpool reserves and the Cardiff City bench, if we're being strictly accurate here :wave:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Is this the part where we pretend that any of your youth prospects are fit to lace Wilfried's boots?

I look forward to any of your youth players signing for Manchester United for £12m+, or Chelsea for £10m+ :dunce:

Say what you like about the stadium or the training complex, you aren't in a position to compare academy products. Nathaniel Clyne, Jon Williams, Victor Moses and Wilfried Zaha are in a different class to your lot. Your best products currently reside in Bournemouth, ours are at Chelsea, Southampton and United.

What about Norwich and Scotland international Russell Martin, or Tottenhams Grant Hall? What about the fact that Premiership teams are meant to be after Steve Cook (including you at one point). What about Dean Hammond being promoted to the Premier league again. What about the future. What about the fact that we beat you to the signature to Dallison, or Ajax for the Icelandic kid.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
What about Norwich and Scotland international Russell Martin, or Tottenhams Grant Hall? What about the fact that Premiership teams are meant to be after Steve Cook (including you at one point). What about Dean Hammond being promoted to the Premier league again. What about the future. What about the fact that we beat you to the signature to Dallison, or Ajax for the Icelandic kid.

Well this comment just summed up your pathetic youth policy. If this is the best you have I wouldn't have replied!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Scraping the barrel with a couple of names there? I remember us signing Lance Cronin from you, look where he ended up.

We never tried to sign Dallison by the way, never even heard of us being linked with an Icelandic player either!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

I raise you Kenny Samson* to your Gareth Barry.

*Kenny Samson of old, not the one who had been sleeping rough in the park with a bottle of gin.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Scraping the barrel with a couple of names there? I remember us signing Lance Cronin from you, look where he ended up.

We never tried to sign Dallison by the way, never even heard of us being linked with an Icelandic player either!
Never said you were interested in the Icelandic kid, I said Ajax were. And you were interested in Dallison, although we got him before you had the chance.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013

Lance Cronin was signed directly by your mob on school boy forms, never was part of our youth or school boy squads. You must have been good for him because he ended up in Macclesfield.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Lance Cronin was signed directly by your mob on school boy forms, never was part of our youth or school boy squads. You must have been good for him because he ended up in Macclesfield.

We paid you compensation for him, you'll just have to trust me on that one.

Besides the point anyway, Dallison for example has proven absolutely nothing yet and our supposed interest is moot as we never even offered him a deal so how did you pip us to him?

The pedantry on this thread is exceptionally Nigelic.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We paid you compensation for him, you'll just have to trust me on that one.

Besides the point anyway, Dallison for example has proven absolutely nothing yet and our supposed interest is moot as we never even offered him a deal so how did you pip us to him?

The pedantry on this thread is exceptionally Nigelic.
So because you never offered him a deal means you weren't interested in him? It was on your message board just before we signed him, from the fella who is your youth team expert.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Unlucky you smug w4nker :tosser:

This post would have far more effect (coming from a Brighton fan) if:

- JW had not already achieved promotion to the PL (at the expense of Brighton)

- will most probably return to his PL club in the knowledge that his performance against Brighton for Ioswich may again have thwarted another promotion attempt by the former.

Other than that, I'm sure it cuts him like a knife.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So because you never offered him a deal means you weren't interested in him? It was on your message board just before we signed him, from the fella who is your youth team expert.

No, us never offering him a deal means you never beat us to him,. Apparently we never beat you to the signing of Glenn Murray because you never offered him fresh terms so I don't see how this is any different.

The only link I ever saw regarding Dallison was a Sky Sports one and half the time they're leaked from agents trying to drum up interest or complete rubbish. Signing players from the likes of Arsenal though is bound to be exciting though as his potential is better than the likes of El-Abd or Colin Hawkins!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No, us never offering him a deal means you never beat us to him,. Apparently we never beat you to the signing of Glenn Murray because you never offered him fresh terms so I don't see how this is any different.

The only link I ever saw regarding Dallison was a Sky Sports one and half the time they're leaked from agents trying to drum up interest or complete rubbish. Signing players from the likes of Arsenal though is bound to be exciting though as his potential is better than the likes of El-Abd or Colin Hawkins!

That is rubbish, as we did offer Glenn a deal, he just took yours because it was a better one for him.

I just looked on the BBS and the thread was started by that Woosie fella on the 10th October, although was because he saw the Sky Sports article. He still believed it enough to start a thread about it though.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Exactly. I've seen very little comment on NSC about Palace and second season syndrome, but I've seen pages of Palace fans here saying Brighton fans were only here for the first season. Oh, first two seasons. They seem to have gone quiet about that now.

Really ? Most Palace fans I know thought you'd manage to stay in the Championship for a very long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here