Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammi more annoyed with Buckley than Ward

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
All this anti Buckley stuff from Sammi - on the Sunderland board many think he may well start or at worst be on the bench, if thats the case then surely the move was the right thing for him and during the off season he was biding his time with the knowledge he will move?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
What I saw of Buckers in Spain was a player who did look disinterested in playing but very happy to have a photograph after the matches. Indeed he put more effort into smiling for photos than playing. He got a great tan though so that was something he got from preseason with us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All this anti Buckley stuff from Sammi - on the Sunderland board many think he may well start or at worst be on the bench, if thats the case then surely the move was the right thing for him and during the off season he was biding his time with the knowledge he will move?

Albion expect their contracted players to put in some effort when they have a contract here, is that so hard to comprehend? Sami was told Buckley was class, because of a lack of application he never saw it and it pissed him off. Good, I like this trait in a manager. At last Poyet's shadow has gone as there are no more players from the Albion he is going to want to join him at Sunderland..

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Albion expect their contracted players to put in some effort when they have a contract here, is that so hard to comprehend? Sami was told Buckley was class, because of a lack of application he never saw it and it pissed him off. Good, I like this trait in a manager. At last Poyet's shadow has gone as there are no more players from the Albion he is going to want to join him at Sunderland..

I do get that but as with many transfers they go on for a while so Buckley may well have known he was off, and for Brighton it was just a case of waiting for the cheque, either way like you say the players which appears to have been on Gus's list have gone so Brighton can move on, and I really hope the board decide to spend some money otherwise it could be a long season, which I dont want from my local team

At last Poyet's shadow has gone

I'm really wondering about the terrifying images of Gus that wake you at night in a cold sweat

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I feel slightly better having watched the press conference. Makes me feel more comfortable that Sami (and the Club) have not just let him (Buckley) go because we had a decent offer (All our players have their price) but also because he doesn't believe he will be able to give us the commitment, drive, etc etc that Sami expects as a minimum ...
It doesn't change a thing about our predicament now, but there is a message in there for players at the Club and those who come in...it could all of course be PR messaging, but it still makes me feel better about Sami putting a mark on the team/players..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I feel slightly better having watched the press conference. Makes me feel more comfortable that Sami (and the Club) have not just let him (Buckley) go because we had a decent offer (All our players have their price) but also because he doesn't believe he will be able to give us the commitment, drive, etc etc that Sami expects as a minimum ...
It doesn't change a thing about our predicament now, but there is a message in there for players at the Club and those who come in...it could all of course be PR messaging, but it still makes me feel better about Sami putting a mark on the team/players..

I tend to agree

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Is he annoyed at the club, or rather the player for wanting to leave? More information required before leaping to conclusions.

Wow! Objectivity - something that seems to be increasingly rare on this site!
Thank you.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Hyypia told BBC Sussex: "When someone doesn't want to play for you it's better that they move on."
The club also appear to have missed out on Stephen Ward, who ended last season on loan with them, but is expected to join promoted Burnley from Wolves.
"Before I came I heard about players here - and Will Buckley was one of the best-rated players," said Hyypia.
"I don't know what was wrong with him all pre-season, but he didn't really show why everybody was raving about him.
"I don't know if he knew that something was going to happen. I don't think I'm the only one who saw he wasn't the same.
"I would have liked to have had Will Buckley in top form. That wasn't to be."

So SH wanted WB, WB didn't want to stay - so better that he goes.
I agree, seems like good business to me, pure and simple!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here