Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Demeaning fancy dress donation.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
FFS...it's a bit of drag!! Clearly the hospital / trust doesn't need the money.......... so **** 'em.

I'm certain that there will be many charities more than happy to accept the donation.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This is bordering on political correctness gone mad.

We'll have police and fire brigade on soon saying that woman dressed in police or fire fighter uniforms are demeaning their profession.
What utter, utter nonsense !!

Ludlow make local news in my neck of the woods [Shropshire] and I know they've closed their maternity ward for extended periods forcing local [to Ludow] residents to travel to Shrewsbury or Telford to give birth - a 30-45 minute drive.
Ludlow Hospital needs this money - if it's Ditherington saying no, take the £2,500 out of her salary ....

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
With so many different fund raising activities you need to stand out. This was just a bit of fun with good intent. So do the bosses who field demeaned feel the same way about clowns at the circus or costumes at a fancy dress party?

Sad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What do you expect? They're Welsh, and they know they are.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope Ms. Dither doesn't go to the Christmas panto in Ludlow, there may be more men dressed as women and vice-versa.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ms Ditheridge clearly needs a good rogering - 'Ms' indeed !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's got nothing to do with left wing/right wing.

Yes it bloody has!

Left wingers CONSTANTLY complain of underfunding in the NHS, so a bunch of men raise some money dressed in drag. The very same do gooders now whinge that they cannot accept the money cos the men were not PC enough for their liking. You really could not make it up :lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not necessarily in agreement over the rejection of the money, but on "common sense": If they were told not to do it and then did it anyway, where's the common sense in that?

TOLD? TOLD? By who exactly?

Yes the caps and the punctuation are needed in this instance, and no, I do not need to calm down as I am sat quietly at my kitchen table. But since when can a person in a health service role been able to tell others how they can and cannot raise money for charity?

Sad indictment of peoples character when they meekly accept that somebody with a public service role has the right to issue instructions to the general public without seeking the approval of the general public.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
TOLD? TOLD? By who exactly?

Yes the caps and the punctuation are needed in this instance, and no, I do not need to calm down as I am sat quietly at my kitchen table. But since when can a person in a health service role been able to tell others how they can and cannot raise money for charity?

Sad indictment of peoples character when they meekly accept that somebody with a public service role has the right to issue instructions to the general public without seeking the approval of the general public.
So if I'm going to raise money for AITC by dressing up as a Palace fan and hurling homophobic abuse as passers by, that's ok? Doesn't matter that Barber said not to, how dare he not take the 30p I raised?!

Look, I get your point, but if you're doing something on behalf of someone else, it's not that big a shock that they want to make sure it's in keeping with their rules, no?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Take the cash and ask that they don't do it next year - refusing it is ridiculous. There are reasons for justifiably refusing, don't waste the effort on this sort of stuff.

They were asked not to do it this year, before the money was raised.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes it bloody has!

Left wingers CONSTANTLY complain of underfunding in the NHS, so a bunch of men raise some money dressed in drag. The very same do gooders now whinge that they cannot accept the money cos the men were not PC enough for their liking. You really could not make it up :lol:

Ms Ditherige does not represent Left Wingers. Indeed, she is actually in management and extremely highly paid. Much more likely to be a Tory I would have thought ? Even if she is a fully paid up member of the Labour Party, she is still acting on her own behalf rather than anybody else's. I agree though that turning down the money is daft. Is she going to set up a full time team to monitor the ethics of fundraising ? Or more likely is this designed to improve her career prospects by raising her profile/diverting attention from a poorly run hospital ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So if I'm going to raise money for AITC by dressing up as a Palace fan and hurling homophobic abuse as passers by, that's ok? Doesn't matter that Barber said not to, how dare he not take the 30p I raised?!

Look, I get your point, but if you're doing something on behalf of someone else, it's not that big a shock that they want to make sure it's in keeping with their rules, no?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stupid comparison. What they did was perfectly legal, what you are suggesting isn't. As for rules, where are the rules that you can't dress up as nurses to raise money? Would she have been happy if a bunch of bodybuilders got oiled up and paraded around town to raise money or maybe she gets offended when the WI do their calendars!!!

We live in a world where some one somewhere is offended at everything and society can't pander to all those sensitivities. There are boundaries that people shouldn't cross, and quite rightly, but this isn't one of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stupid comparison. What they did was perfectly legal, what you are suggesting isn't. As for rules, where are the rules that you can't dress up as nurses to raise money? Would she have been happy if a bunch of bodybuilders got oiled up and paraded around town to raise money or maybe she gets offended when the WI do their calendars!!!

We live in a world where some one somewhere is offended at everything and society can't pander to all those sensitivities. There are boundaries that people shouldn't cross, and quite rightly, but this isn't one of them.

You've missed the point. She asked them not to raise money this way, so when they did, it would have been hypocritical of her to accept the money.

It's in paragraph 11 of the news item.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

I like pandas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here