Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What exactly did you think the referendum represented then ?

And "advisory and consultative" vote? This is what was enshrined in the legislation. Am I right? What do I win?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Damian Green, the DWP secretary has said l:

“Just a few years ago the idea of a proper job meant a job that brings in a fixed monthly salary, with fixed hours, paid holidays, sick pay, a pension scheme and other contractual benefits.

“But the gig economy has changed all that. We’ve seen the rise of the everyday entrepreneur. People now own their time and control who receives their services and when.

“They can pick and mix their employers, their hours, their offices, their holiday patterns. This is one of the most significant developments in the labour market. The potential is huge and the change is exciting.

Does anyone else find the thought of an insecure job with no holiday pay or pension EXCITING!? This is how May's Government want to help the struggling!?

I'm sure a number of corporations have got a massive hard on at the idea but it sounds like a shitty future to me.

Thank god we have EU employment laws to protect us...oh wait.

That statement is an absolute ****ing disgrace. How do these people look at themselves in the mirror?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its little surprise the Brexitiers are in such a hurry for the exit at any cost.The longer Brexit is delayed the more people will wake up to reality, with public sentiment shifting more and more to a soft Brexit or even no Brexit.

dont think everyone is in a hurry,this appears to be a falsehood.
Im quite happy for the slow approach and current timeline. Apart from the obvious benefits of finalising tactics before we sit down for official negotiations it has given some losers time to reflect,accept reality and calm down.
Their rhetoric has completely changed the last few months as they realise we are actually leaving, the calls for a second re run referendum because people didn’t know what they were really voting for have all but stopped. Even the opposition is now on board and saying it wont block article 50. “Hard “ and “soft” Brexit terms are diminishing as remainers realise they invented the terms after the referendum anyway and so called “hard” Brexit simply means Brexit. They are realising the economy hasn’t immediately collapsed as promised and wished for, even though some still source any negative news in the hope it is crashing.

The remoaners amongst the remainers have nearly all realised this decision will not be reversed.
There is of course a small hardcore who want the gov to reveal its strategy now in the hope it puts the country on the back foot and we will only therefore be able to get a bad deal for the nation. They are hoping for one last throw of the dice and think this will lead to Brexit being dropped all together.
Its almost painful watching how these people don’t realise how misguided they are.

D

Deleted member 22389

If we all put a fiver in a month, we stopped giving treatment to people who have no legal rights to it, and the labour party stopped using the NHS as a political football the NHS would be sorted tomorrow, otherwise privatise the whole lot and be done with it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And "advisory and consultative" vote? This is what was enshrined in the legislation. Am I right? What do I win?

As usual you win nothing.
The "advisory and consultative" opinion of the 48% runners up accounts for zilch as T May and the government sides with the winners and is doing what it said it would do in its manifesto….”We will honour the result of the referendum, whatever the outcome”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well done, who would of known, that was at the forefront of yours and everyone elses mind as we entered the ballot box .......

Maybe you should have followed the news. U.K. Law is a very public entity; it was, and still is, all out there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What exactly did you think the referendum represented then ?

Please note, I'm not saying I don't think it should happen. I just think it won't. Well, from all debates it shows that the referendum meant a thousand things to a thousand different people. No one has any idea what Brexit actually means.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe you should have followed the news. U.K. Law is a very public entity; it was, and still is, all out there.

You had a lot to say prior, during and after, show me a post pre referendum where you outlined this to us, you were cock sure you had it in the bag, but you lost, I cannot recall one remainer citing this as advisory pre referendum, not one, but if you can show me then fill yer boots ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Please note, I'm not saying I don't think it should happen. I just think it won't. Well, from all debates it shows that the referendum meant a thousand things to a thousand different people. No one has any idea what Brexit actually means.

I thought you said 'still dont' in terms of your thoughts in reference to it happening ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sorry to be so tardy replying to you-missed it!I can't help wonder how the Germans reached that figure of youth unemployment,
in fact I think at best it's an evasion of the truth.Where have they hidden the 1 million plus young 'Syrian' refugees claiming benefits in their country-are they listed as students,gastarbeiters,holidaymakers or what?My guess for EU youth unemployment still stands at 25% with seasonally related jobs having finished for the year and the vanishing refugees.The figure of 18% quoted by another poster is from July-peak employment month.

The 18% figure I quoted was for end of September 2016, and is a seasonally adjusted figure, the rate of youth unemployment across the EU is generally falling and has been for the last 3 years.
But you carry on with your guessing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The 18% figure I quoted was for end of September 2016, and is a seasonally adjusted figure, the rate of youth unemployment across the EU is generally falling and has been for the last 3 years.
But you carry on with your guessing.

If you want to pick a fight about the virtues of the EU, may I suggest not picking unemployment, the region is a comparative basket case ....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
dont think everyone is in a hurry,this appears to be a falsehood.
Im quite happy for the slow approach and current timeline. Apart from the obvious benefits of finalising tactics before we sit down for official negotiations it has given some losers time to reflect,accept reality and calm down.
Their rhetoric has completely changed the last few months as they realise we are actually leaving, the calls for a second re run referendum because people didn’t know what they were really voting for have all but stopped. Even the opposition is now on board and saying it wont block article 50. “Hard “ and “soft” Brexit terms are diminishing as remainers realise they invented the terms after the referendum anyway and so called “hard” Brexit simply means Brexit. They are realising the economy hasn’t immediately collapsed as promised and wished for, even though some still source any negative news in the hope it is crashing.

The remoaners amongst the remainers have nearly all realised this decision will not be reversed.
There is of course a small hardcore who want the gov to reveal its strategy now in the hope it puts the country on the back foot and we will only therefore be able to get a bad deal for the nation. They are hoping for one last throw of the dice and think this will lead to Brexit being dropped all together.
Its almost painful watching how these people don’t realise how misguided they are.

Your last sentence is how I feel about the cock-a-hoop leave voter.
If this goes through we will find out who was right, and I hope it is you, but don't bet against things being a lot closer to the economic shit storm predicted before we catch a glimpse of the sunny uplands.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes a simple YES or NO with no detail. A YES is not a mandate for the government to do whatever they like in a smoke filled rooms, ignoring the rule of law.

They are still learning what it means, right now it means £100B extra borrrowing and that's before any single market exit

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought you said 'still dont' in terms of your thoughts in reference to it happening ?

I said, please note I'm not saying I don't think it should happen. Just that I don't think it will. Sorry if unclear.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you want to pick a fight about the virtues of the EU, may I suggest not picking unemployment, the region is a comparative basket case ....

I was just pointing out to another poster that rather than guessing, there is factual information freely available to anyone who has heard of Google.

If you believe that 10% average unemployment, continuing the falling trend from 12% 3 years ago, across the EU makes it a basket case, then post Brexit Britain is going to shock you.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes a simple YES or NO with no detail. A YES is not a mandate for the government to do whatever they like in a smoke filled rooms, ignoring the rule of law.

They are still learning what it means, right now it means £100B extra borrrowing and that's before any single market exit

Well I heard the UK has to give the EU £50B to settle up before leaving. I think most will want to ask what this money is for. May be it's to help pay for the failing EU project, the EU cronies in their lovely offices on bumper wages and bumper pension pots. We all know it's completely wrong deep down, so why do people still support it, at a time when people are supposed to be struggling.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well I heard the UK has to give the EU £50B to settle up before leaving. I think most will want to ask what this money is for. May be it's to help pay for the failing EU, the EU cronies in their lovely offices on bumper wages and bumper pension packets. Tell me how anyone in their right mind can support this rip off. Glad we are leaving. We all know it's completely wrong deep down, so why do people support it, at a time when people are supposed to be struggling.

Exactly. Hope we get out before we have to give billions in bail outs as well. 50 Billion to leave, frigging cheek.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here