Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Things which are not currently criminal offences but which absolutely should be

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That is a correct definition. It is widely used by chuggers themselves.

Exactly. They used to drive me mad when I worked in central Brighton. At one point there were about 15 of them from NSPCC dotted along North Street. I actually emailed the council, and they said they have no real power over how many of them are allowed or where they can stand. If they are collecting cash they have to follow strict rules, but not if they're just taking your details to extract 2 quid a month out for the rest of your life.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly. They used to drive me mad when I worked in central Brighton. At one point there were about 15 of them from NSPCC dotted along North Street. I actually emailed the council, and they said they have no real power over how many of them are allowed or where they can stand. If they are collecting cash they have to follow strict rules, but not if they're just taking your details to extract 2 quid a month out for the rest of your life.
On the other hand, you could look on them as young people who cannot find any other job and would rather do this than sign on the dole.

Perhaps it's the practice of chugging itself which should be condemned, rather than the chuggers themselves.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On the other hand, you could look on them as young people who cannot find any other job and would rather do this than sign on the dole.

Perhaps it's the practice of chugging itself which should be condemned, rather than the chuggers themselves.

Could be wrong, but (Big Brother Pete aside) I'd say most Brighton chuggers are university or college students who have spare time in the week to hit the pavements.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The use of 'eh'
While I believe it is now illegal, it currently isn't being enforced, so all middle lane drivers to have their vehicle stopped, and crushed at the side fo the road while they watch and then are made to walk home
Any use of mobiles at gigs, cinemas or anywhere else where I get distracted from what I am trying to watch
People who recline their seats on planes and then complain because it won't go too far back because there is a tall person who is sitting behind them. They should be ejected from the plane without a parachute
The over running of sports programs when there is a red button which it can transfer to (this is particularly relevant during Wimbledon) or switching the sport to BBC1 from BBC2
Socks and sandals being worn at the same time
Any tattoo unless it is part of the heritage of the particular person
All cancellations of buses and trains or late running buses and trains
The reduction in size of chocolate bars
Boarding a train/tube/tram/bus before everyone has alighted
Not parking correctly in the middle of a parking bay but more towards one side
Any complaint that this list is too long
This list is god awful long!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Uncurtious drivers!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Ultimate I have come across while on a pushbike on a bridal path was a jogger wearing headphones with a dog on one of those telescopic leads.

People who do that should be deported to Raqqa.
I was walking through a twitten when around a bend came a lady on a bike with her dog on a lead... I was nearly tripped up.... the lady shat herself and yanked the dog towards her and nearly crashed in to the bushes.... needless to say the entrances to the twitten are clearly marked with No Cycling signs which are ignored by 90% of cyclists.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
People with a far greater knowledge and appreciation of the English language than I have have interpreted it that way too.

You go with the arbitrary changing of the meaning of words when context isn't applied, I'll go with the experts. :)
I'm with you on this "can I get" business. Usually only used by London/SE visitors to the pub fortunately.

I never say anything, I just smile as usual, but it does rankle.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
23077cdc3a86c7e5a3b2ecc7a8ca0945--school-outfits-with-black-jeans-outfits-with-baseball-caps.jpg

This latest chavvy fashion craze..

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Juice Plus.

Take this little capsule everyday and you are guaranteed to lose weight*

*If used with a healthy diet and exercise program

Yes! Included into that any other Multi-Level Marketing brand. I'm looking at you, Herbalife.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Arty reports about "organic cafes" run by Hipsters who charge £30 for a cup of gnats piss. Made worse when reports include the fact that David Beckham once went in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here