Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks Flex. Great choice btw.

So 2001. Easy one, this.

For 2002 it's back to [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm going to ruin your beautiful indie-pop thread if you keep allowing me back in (extra points for the local theme though.) Take this!

Hey [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION]

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Noise meets indiepop meets school orchestra, can only mean the wondrous......

[yt]weeHnM64dsQ[/yt]

Next up is [MENTION=15579]Albumen[/MENTION] for a tune from 2004 and a nomination for 2005......

Last edited by a moderator:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks Staly. Something pre-School, from the lovely Liz Hunt, for 2006.

[MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION] 2007 please...

Flex Your Head

A Bunnygrunt song released in 2007, but I can't find a video for it other than this live version from 2009.

(I saw them play a tiny venue called Monkey Chews (or something) in 2007; another gig, another crush).

You can download the song (and loads more great stuff) for free from here - http://www.weepop.net/releases.php - but only till Feb 14th when the label and site close forever. Sad times.

Anyway, give us a 2008 whopper [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thanks Flex
Managed to get to see the hugely entertaining Lovely Eggs last Novemeber. They have a new album out in the spring and a tour to support it.

And this too from the same year and Das Wanderlust

Now back to Tiny for some 2009 tunes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Released in 2010, the fabulous Veronica Falls. (Ignore the 2011 graphic on the video!)

Back to [MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION] for 2011

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
These are from 2014, but the recorded versions (not on Youtube) were 2011.

[MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION] for 2012

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This thread is moving really very quickly now - we'll be able to discuss things like normal soon. What on earth will we talk about? Here's an overlooked gem from 2013:

[yt]vAHuJZwJo0o[/yt]

The last one (?) can go to [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]......

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I can't remember whether we discussed the return of the Close Lobsters or not, but, after due consideration, I've decided I really like this and the b-side too. Has a chiming guitar sound that reminds me of The Passions, Simple Minds and A Flock of Seagulls - ie echoey chorusy early 80s - which put me off initially, but which I now find alluring. The whole thing is quite nostalgic, elegiac, uplifting but slightly depressing at the same time, ie perfect for me. Perhaps goes on a tad too long. Any thoughts?

[yt]L0Ou2sGPpOI[/yt]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a yes from me, although agree its overlong. A bit of early JAMES in the guitar work, maybe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And whilst we're gauging opinion - what does everyone else think of the new Belle & Sebastian?

[yt]3vS1Hf3CVGs[/yt]

As I've said to [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] I'm not sure if I'm at all keen, on this DANCY deviation. I like my indie heroes to sit firmly at squarely in the pigeon holes I've assigned them to...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
And whilst we're gauging opinion - what does everyone else think of the new Belle & Sebastian?

As I've said to [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] I'm not sure if I'm at all keen, on this DANCY deviation. I like my indie heroes to sit firmly at squarely in the pigeon holes I've assigned them to...

I feel a bit of a stick-in-the-mud party pooper saying it's a bit average. Bul I'll say it anyway: it's a bit average. For fans of American college rock (turn away NOW, Staly), The Wrens are supposed to be releasing an album this year - I love The Meadowlands: supreme po-faced power pop.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I feel a bit of a stick-in-the-mud party pooper saying it's a bit average. Bul I'll say it anyway: it's a bit average. For fans of American college rock (turn away NOW, Staly), The Wrens are supposed to be releasing an album this year - I love The Meadowlands: supreme po-faced power pop.

Hey I love a bit of sensible trousered frat boy art posturing, don't you worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here