Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford (home) player ratings

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
None deserving of ratings . Appeared like they didn't know each other, too many misplaced passes, thought I was in a time warp back to the dark days of Hypia.

It looked like a team vs a team of individuals. Our greatest asset last year was our togetherness. I can't help feeling the wantaways have damaged that.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WhoScored ratings:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084913/Live/England-Championship-2016-2017-Brighton-Brentford

I think Bruno pushed up too far to let Hogan in for the first goal. Arguable, If Dunk should have done better for the second. MacLeod was simply a better player than the Albion equivalent in Norwood.

All told, our eagerness to get forward left us exposed, and Brentford were good enough to take advantage.

Meanwhile up front Glenn Murray was fouling too much again (4 times) but always look more likely to score than Hemed (the same was also true when Murray played with Barnes).

4-4-2 v 4-2-3-1 means creating and finishing chances before the outnumbered midfield loses possession and the other side finish their chances first. We did not lose possession that much. Just got punished for the first goal.

Duffy looks a good bet countering the larger striker, but Goldson may be a better bet against the likes of Hogan?

If fit, I would have started Lualua as I think he is a better player than Jamie Murphy and Jirí Skalák.

Very damp in East Lower (I think the front seats are overpriced).

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
Stockdale - 5
Bruno - 4
Duffy - 4
Dunk - 7
Bong - 4.5
Knockaert - 6.5
Kayal - 5
Norwood - 4
Murphy - 5
Hemed - 5
Murray - 4

Very poor today, defensively and offensively. Hope to see at least three changes to the team against Huddersfeild.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stockdale 4
Bruno 1 (hopeless in defence, slow & awful in attack)
Duffy 3 (second half looked county league)
Dunk 8 (would have lost 5 or 6 nil without him. Surrounded by shite)
Bong 1 (why? Will be dropped next game)
Norwood 4
Kayal 4 (knackered)
Murphy 7 (all his good work ruined by clowns he served)
Knockaert 7 (ditto)
Murray 3 (tried, but unlike his old confident best, nowt came off)
Hemed 1 (did he even play?)

Hughton 2 (played a 442 including 2 slow target men, against the norm thesedays of a dynamic 5 man midfield. Didn't whip off the awful Hemed and Bong at HT. Gave no touch line command when we were only 1-0 down and playing suicidal football at the back.)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
No wonder we were s***.
Apparently we only had 7 players, including a sub...

I just couldn't be bothered with the rest but those for me were the performances worth commenting on.

It was all - players, weather, fans, transport - a bit meh.

All need to up our game massively Tuesday as that will be a real test.

Play like that and Huddersfield and their geggen pressing will rip us a new back door

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale 5
Bruno 4
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
Bong 4

Knoekaert 6
Kayal 6
Norwood 4
Murphy 4

Murray 4
Hemed 4

Manu 5
Skalak n/a
Stephens 5

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brentford reminded me both of Charlton and Burnley, so gawd knows where they will finish?

synavm

May 2, 2013
Stockdale 6

Bruno 2
Duffy 4
Dunk 7
Bong 4

Knockaert 6
Norwood 4
Kayal 5
Murphy 5

Hemed 5
Murray 4

Ref was diabolical also, but we can't really hide behind bad decisions as we were poor. Have to say, I'm a little concerned about the high defensive line. We were carved up too often today and in the first half against Forest a few games back. Maybe you need an extra body or two sitting deep.

Dec 4, 2013
stockdale 6
bruno 4
dunk 6
duffy 5
bong 5
knockaert 6
murphy 3
kayal 5
norwood 5
murray 4
hemed 5

manu 4
stephens 5
skalak 5

thought murphy and manu were poor - don't understand why some ratings are so high for them

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
As much as that? I don't normally knock officials, but him and the lino at the south end were dire. Almost makes The Complete And Utter Shyster look competent.

My thoughts aswell ..... being in the WSU admittedly sometimes your a bit too far away to be able to judge, but some of the officiating this afternoon really did appear to be bordering on the incompetent.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Pretty awful today. Yes the ref was bad but we fell for every trick in brentfords book. They did a solid number on us

Stockdale 5
couple of saves but some dodgy kicking and didnt exactly look hard to beat for first goal

Bruno 4
Way off it today. Lacked composure with several attacking opportunities

Bong 5
Slight improvement but shadow of last seasons player

Dunk 7
The only one not to put in a below par performance

Duffy 4
Essentially failed to answer all of the questions put to him

Kayal 5
We lacked presence in midfield. Kayal was anonymous

Norwood 5
Tried to dictate the pace but it didnt come off at all

Murphy 6
Some positive runs in first half . Tired in second

Knockaert 5
Its now looking like stop knocky and you stop brighton. Final ball was poor

Hemed 5
Not his kind of game. Looked sluggish

Murray 4
Service wasnt good but he was usually in the wrong place and slow

Subs
Elvis 6 deserves another go

Stephens , skalak - not on long enough to rate

Agree with the above

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Totally agree with you on this. Often the scapegoat and sometimes rightly so but I thought he was pretty damn good today, especially in comparison to the rest.

I thought he was utter shite from start to finish but his last involvement was the icing on the cake being beaten to the ball from 8 yards when he had a 6 yard head start. Needs replacing pronto and possibly Stockdale & Duffy plus we need Stephens back and Murray & Hemed aren't a partnership.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 5 Did nothing wrong but it is times lik today when you need your keeper to excel
Bruno 4 Very poor defensively
Duffy 5 Won a few headers but very unsure on the ground lets hope it is just a settling in mode.
Dunk 7 Only player to show his worth
Bong 6.5 Thought he had a good game despite what others have said
Knockaert 6 Some good runs but didnt look like he would produce anything.
Norwood 5 Mot passes over 5yds went either to the opposition or out of play, definitely not a replacement for Stephens.
Kayal 6 Ran around as if lost without his partner in midfield
Murphy 6 Some good runs but into nowwhere.
Hemed 6 Looks lost half the player of last year.
Murray 6,5 Plenty of effort and the only one likely to have scored

Subs:
Stephens 5 Not on long enough to influence the game but got stuck in and myust start on Tuesday.
Manu 5 tried hard but must stay on his feet
Skalak.5 Ran at their defenders without looking dangerous

Ref and Lineman on the west side 3 dont think they got 1 decision correct. and they are full time God help us.

Bong 6.5? Dementia is a cruel illness

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Stockdale 4.
Staggering how often he is beaten at the front post

Bruno 2
One of worst performances I have seen from him in a Brighton shirt

Duffy 4
Looks shaky get Goldson back ASAP

Dunk 7
Needed more players to step up like him today

Bong 5
Almost every pass he makes finds a opposition player. Get the west Brom player in ASAP

Knockaert 6
Lively and kept trying but was not coming off for him today

Norwood 6
Tidy passing in the main but not as dynamic as Stephens who should come straight back in

Kayal 5
Overran by sheer numbers of Brentford midfielders today and looked off the pace. The cliche international hangover perhaps

Murphy 5
Chance to stake a claim for a starting position and offered nothing with little or no impact on the game

Hemed and Murray 3
Again Hemed talked pre match about the need to put a performance that gives him a run in the side.......Murray equally poor. Sad thing is they both know there is nobody to challenge their place

Hughton 4
Was clear from 20min in the extra man (no 15) in midfield was causing us problems and we were overran but did not make changes until 60min

Referee 2
Odd just very odd

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
After a poor start to the season I thought Skalak looked useful when he came on and put in some better balls. Very disappointed in Murphy, who I thought justified a place in the starting line up - maybe he has no faith in Bong behind him? Dunk was immense. Stockdale looking cert overweight - how is that allowed to happen? Norwood threaded a few good balls through to the two snails up front but also gave it away in very vulnerable positions- something he seems to be doing every game. Duffy looked like a 2nd Division old fashioned centre back. The spat with Bruno went on for ages (but with their accents I doubt they understand each other anyway). We should go back to Hemed/Baldock upfront and try the new leftback

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
IMHO he played well and showed he is getting back to his best. It was noticeable that Pocognoli wasn't even in the squad so no question of him replacing Bong, in CH eyes. Our problem wasn't on the left but on the right of defence and in midfield.

One good slide tackle alone I thought he looked slow and bereft of confidence. He started well for us last season now it's not just the haircut which is reminiscent of Peter Smith he's starting to look as gangly and uncordinated as our former right back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IMHO he played well and showed he is getting back to his best. It was noticeable that Pocognoli wasn't even in the squad so no question of him replacing Bong, in CH eyes. Our problem wasn't on the left but on the right of defence and in midfield.

Bong was not the problem yesterday. He had a better game than most of the others IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here