Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We've been hatching eggs like crazy and we've had nothing of interest at all.

Yes, me too I'm afraid, hatched yet another Scyther from my last 10K egg at Crimbo.... nothing exciting at all in all the 5K eggs I have hatched since crimbo.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Traveling through central Brighton on the way to work this morning there were a lot of Charmander, a slight increase in Squirtle but I only saw one Bulbasaur and no evolutions.

On an unrelated note, I've currently got two 10k eggs on the go for the first time in ages - only early stages for both, but crossing my fingers for any of the 10k babies or a Snorlax.

I've had 2 Snorlax out of eggs. Not much else of note. Where I am is jusr a constant stream of pidgey, rattata, and zubats.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
So, after not having seen a Bulbasaur since the game started, I hatched one yesterday. I've caught a further fifteen today, so I'm well on my way to a Venusaur (32 candies to go). I've caught twelve more Charmanders and a Charmeleon as well, so Charizard is close by too (25 candies). Oh, and the first Dratini I've seen for months popped up too. Not a bad morning at all!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hatched the first of my two 10k eggs this morning...got a Lapras for the 4th consecutive time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got a Venusaur yesterday. The rest of the family were going to the Science and Natural History Museums so we parked there and I walked over to Craven Cottage, collecting the final Bulbasaurs needed en route.

Picked up two Dratinis on Worthing seafront last week - the first we've seen in months so that's our next aim. Fully buddied up. Just 48 candy, or 144km to go!

Also picked up a first 10km egg for a couple of months or so yesterday. Just 2.4km to go to see what lies inside. It better be good - our eggs recently have been rubbish.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When does the NY Bulbasaur et al event end?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When does the NY Bulbasaur et al event end?

January 8th apparently. If you do any sort of walking then you'd be unlucky not to get a Venusaur. We actually collected up to 125 as we had a Bulbasaur which was going to be better than the Ivysaur we already had. In fact, having already done the double-stage evolve, we still have 35 spare Bulbasaur candy - I must have caught a fair few yesterday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
January 8th apparently. If you do any sort of walking then you'd be unlucky not to get a Venusaur. We actually collected up to 125 as we had a Bulbasaur which was going to be better than the Ivysaur we already had. In fact, having already done the double-stage evolve, we still have 35 spare Bulbasaur candy - I must have caught a fair few yesterday.

8th Jan (Sunday)

Thanks guys. Caught a Dratini in Arundel yesterday which was nice.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
opened the app for the first time in about two months today and caught a raticate which turned into a Ditto (heard that they are rare)

Just caught an xmas pikachu too

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Caught about 20 bulbasaur, finally found a wild porygon and hatched an igglybuff and a pichu. Most successful pokemon day for months!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
opened the app for the first time in about two months today and caught a raticate which turned into a Ditto (heard that they are rare)

Just caught an xmas pikachu too
Yes, the Ditto's are rare, only ever had 2. As for the Xmas Pikachu 's, there are loads! Had 2 Pikachu's in 4 months but have had about 30 in the last week or so.
Still struggling to pick up anything decent in an egg though, all thoroughly boring so far.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Looks like the free daily incubators have stopped (boo), though like most I've only been hatching boring things apart from one igglypuff.

Have managed to get enough bulbasaurs so I evolve my ivysaur, and can now evolve my vulpix and omanyte too as I've walked/caught enough but I think once I get to Level 30 (should be this week) I'll probably stop playing as I've caught/evolved virtually all I can from the original Pokemon set. It does get a bit boring catching/hatching the same things over and over again...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like the free daily incubators have stopped (boo), though like most I've only been hatching boring things apart from one igglypuff.

Have managed to get enough bulbasaurs so I evolve my ivysaur, and can now evolve my vulpix and omanyte too as I've walked/caught enough but I think once I get to Level 30 (should be this week) I'll probably stop playing as I've caught/evolved virtually all I can from the original Pokemon set. It does get a bit boring catching/hatching the same things over and over again...

Sounds pretty much where we are, too.

I think we're only 2 evolves from completing the set of what we can currently achieve and, like you, the egg promotion was very poor.

I'll keep the app on whilst walking and running, in order to work through the hatches and keep accumulating candy for the last evolves, but in terms of actively playing, there's little left to keep us interested.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds pretty much where we are, too.

I think we're only 2 evolves from completing the set of what we can currently achieve and, like you, the egg promotion was very poor.

I'll keep the app on whilst walking and running, in order to work through the hatches and keep accumulating candy for the last evolves, but in terms of actively playing, there's little left to keep us interested.
Indeed, very poor. Nothing sadder than hatching 2 Venonat's in consecutive 5K eggs.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
After Monday, I will solely be playing just to finish of getting my Grimer evolved and hatching the rest of the Baby Pokemon.
How many Baby pokemon are we currently able to hatch? I currently have Pichu, Elekid and Igglybuff. Looking at the Pokedex, Smoochum is another that an be hatched.
They really need to release new Pokemon into the wild and soon because even more players will be lost.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
After Monday, I will solely be playing just to finish of getting my Grimer evolved and hatching the rest of the Baby Pokemon.
How many Baby pokemon are we currently able to hatch? I currently have Pichu, Elekid and Igglybuff. Looking at the Pokedex, Smoochum is another that an be hatched.
They really need to release new Pokemon into the wild and soon because even more players will be lost.
Pichu, Cleffa and Igglybuff from 2k eggs, Togepi and Togetic from 5k eggs, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby from 10k eggs.

I got a Togepi this morning to go with my Cleffa and Igglybuff, but aside from the remaining babies all I have left to play for are the hopes of finding/hatching) Snorlax and Tangela, and finding/grinding out candies for Dragonite, Omastar and Kabutops, all of which will take bloody ages.

Another one very firmly in the "give us Gen 2 ASAP" camp.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Pichu, Cleffa and Igglybuff from 2k eggs, Togepi and Togetic from 5k eggs, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby from 10k eggs.

You've done well with your eggs!

Just got to Level 30 with a lucky egg. Turns out it was worthwhile for the 3 incubators, lucky eggs, incense etc but next evolve is 5000000 away...

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I still need a few 5km egg Pokemon (Porygon, Tangela and candies for Dodrio), otherwise all I have left to find are loads of rare Pokemon and 10km eggs - Snorlax, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Chansey, Elekid, Magby and candies for Dragonite, Omastar and Kabutops. I have one 10km egg, but I'm not sure if I got it when baby Pokemon were more common or not.

I'm eagerly awaiting more Gen II releases, in the mean time I'm setting about completing the medals if I have nothing better to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here