Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn about to be sectioned methinks?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
that was concensus of what would happen if nuclear weapons were used it was not that should we have them
I do already know that most would keep it, I am not one of those and never have been and never will be.
the mutual assured destruction suggests just that, and no matter how big or small if one hits london I doubt very much any would survive unless you live in the Shetlands I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THE RADIATION SICKNESS WILL GET YOU IN THE END

It is no certainty that radiation sickness will get you, certainly not the whole of the UK as you seem to keep suggesting. Radiation is a problem but it will depend which way the wind blows as to which direction it will affect before it eventually settles. You are aware there were people that survived in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? They survived the blast and radiation, some of them for 60 years or more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crikey, what a website. So Russia's largest nuclear test, 50mt, dropped on the centre of London would result in nearly 6m dead, a fireball area of 67 sq km, an air blast radius taking out of most residential buildings of 21km, and a thermal radiation radius of 60km going as far north as Letchworth, and as far south as Haywards Heath. Fall out takes out most of Norfolk and East Anglia. Nice.

That seems a little extreme.

Can't they just block BG's broadband?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If I was for example living in Cornwall, a bomb in London would not give me radiation sickness so I would not need to go anywhere.
and your hospitals would be crowded with those who do have it, the hospitals are overcrowded now, 1000's will decend on the hospitals.

It is no certainty that radiation sickness will get you, certainly not the whole of the UK as you seem to keep suggesting. Radiation is a problem but it will depend which way the wind blows as to which direction it will affect before it eventually settles. You are aware there were people that survived in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? They survived the blast and radiation, some of them for 60 years or more.
and the water supply?
and exactly how many survived, and how many are still dying from sickness?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I am sure I saw an episode of the Young Ones where the dim witted one (weren't they all) painted a table top white, turned it on it's side, hid behind it and proposed to use it as a blast deflector in case of detonation of the adjacent atom bomb, which had somehow got into their kitchen? Sounds like a good idea and one that Corbyn would no doubt endorse! Would do wonders for IKEA sales as well.

TNBA

TTF

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I am sure I saw an episode of the Young Ones where the dim witted one (weren't they all) painted a table top white, turned it on it's side, hid behind it and proposed to use it as a blast deflector in case of detonation of the adjacent atom bomb, which had somehow got into their kitchen? Sounds like a good idea and one that Corbyn would no doubt endorse! Would do wonders for IKEA sales as well.

TNBA

TTF

That would have been Neil, and it was himself that he painted white. Good old protect and survive manual eh

TheYoungOnes1.png

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

TNBA

TTF

Wrong not one Corbyn would endorse as it doesnt ensure jobs for union members. Plus IKEA is seen ss a middle class retailer and therefore elitest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
[yt]m6U9T3R3EQg[/yt]

like the bit about half way through "if anyone has to go outside they should be over 30" yep kill off the old ones first

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Have a nice cosy chat with the radicals and all will be well? No it won't you prize prick Corbyn Oh and lets give up on the Falklands too? :facepalm:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have a nice cosy chat with the radicals and all will be well? No it won't you prize prick Corbyn Oh and lets give up on the Falklands too? :facepalm:

This stance on the Falklands ??. Britain discovered the Falklands before Argentina was a country. Apart from the fact that many British soldiers were either killed or maimed there, the people that live on the island want it to stay British, yet that tit (like many other things) is happy to give them up. If he was a cricket player you would wonder what side he is batting for.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
This stance on the Falklands ??. Britain discovered the Falklands before Argentina was a country. Apart from the fact that many British soldiers were either killed or maimed there, the people that live on the island want it to stay British, yet that tit (like many other things) is happy to give them up. If he was a cricket player you would wonder what side he is batting for.
Toothless Trident and Foregoing Falklands........Corbyn is a complete and utter tool.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Corbyn is like that eccentric uncle that only turns up at Christmas and birthdays talks absolute garbage an then disappears for a few months dreaming up his next crackpot idea

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
If world war 3 ever kicks off between the future super powers (usa/china/india) and whoever sides with Russia, at least they will think twice before throwing a few nukes at the UK. That's how I see it anyway haha

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is definitely one for the politicos on here, it's a fascinating analysis of the Labour position now and where they are projected to be after the 2020 general election. It's based on the findings of Prof Tim Bale at Queen Mary Uni. and is, as far as I can tell, quite independent. It paints an extremely grim picture for Labour with calculated losses for the party of anywhere between 54 and 79 seats and a Tory majority of anywhere between 90 and 130.

http://publicpolicypast.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/so-how-are-labour-doing-now.html?m=1

Now, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Tory but I don't think that outcome would be good for British democracy.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014

But isn't that the point!? Many soldiers on both sides {the Argentinians were conscripts poor buggers} died because the politicians had failed to sort things out. Do you want that to happen in the future again? Or would it not be better to get to a political solution {perhaps shared sovereignty or some kind of UN protectorate} that made sure no one else died

I want my politicians to explore every way of avoiding war not to engage in pathetic nationalism and xenophobia. Those days should be over

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But isn't that the point!? Many soldiers on both sides {the Argentinians were conscripts poor buggers} died because the politicians had failed to sort things out. Do you want that to happen in the future again? Or would it not be better to get to a political solution {perhaps shared sovereignty or some kind of UN protectorate} that made sure no one else died

I want my politicians to explore every way of avoiding war not to engage in pathetic nationalism and xenophobia. Those days should be over

how about accepting the democratic will of the population of the Falklands, and asking Argentina to abandon their claims, just as they abandoned the islands in the past?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here