Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There's no way our playing wage bill would have been in the top 10 for last season. During the summer transfer window players were turning us down for the likes of Brentford and Charlton.
We have a £23 million wage bill which is right up there....Poor recruitment and overpaying bang average players is the reason why.
Quality or quantity and we chose the latter :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see you are one of the confirmed Bloom " lickers" Oh he who can do no wrong,
I am a TB fan, so yes, you'd call me a licker.

Then the next thing you get then is " oohh he's put soooo muuuuch of his own money in "
Hmmm ? Well so have I and thousands of others so we deserve better than the shite we have witnessed this season.
Are you new to football? He brings in the people he thinks are best and he supports them with shit loads of money, but that doesn't guarantee results. We've had a bad season, but that happens. Without TB we wouldn't have a ground and we would be struggling to stay in League 1. You're just like a spoilt child whose upset with his Christmas presents.

It would take the sting out of it had he not kept telling the media he though Hyypia was doing a great job, and he hopes he is here for years to come, and that Albion should be in the Premier League.
He didn't say he thought Hyypia was doing a great job and he didn't say we should be in the PL. He said Hyypia would stay because that's what you say, even if you're thinking of sacking someone.
It makes us look so feckin stupid.
Now what are you talking about, why would finishing near the bottom make us look stupid? Are your Chelsea friends teasing you?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Do you mean what they do with the footballs after training? They end up in something like this View attachment 65370

I think it's called tidying the balls away. No idea what you are on about otherwise.

I looked it up.

It's called a "gole" if I recall correctly.

Could be an urban legend though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I looked it up.

It's called a "gole" if I recall correctly.

Could be an urban legend though.

Is that when the spherical object goes between those wooden posts joined by that wooden bar at either end of the grass field that we sit and watch for 90 minutes. Only I've seen the teams not wearing blue and white stripes do that a lot and then get quite excited for some reason?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is that when the spherical object goes between those wooden posts joined by that wooden bar at either end of the grass field that we sit and watch for 90 minutes. Only I've seen the teams not wearing blue and white stripes do that a lot and then get quite excited for some reason?

You've seen one? Got proof?

I call fake!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If there are other Championship clubs in for him then we've got no chance as we can't/won't compete with the wages they will offer.

And this is the reason why we may well have another frustrating summer ahead of us, a surfeit of lone rangers next year and a season of further struggle. We are unable to compete financially with at least 50% of the clubs in our league.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You've seen one? Got proof?

I call fake!

I can't be sure, but there was this net hanging behind the two posts and bar and I think I saw it bulge when the spherical object hit it. Really weird! No proof I'm afraid. Sorry. I may have dreamt it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So where is the blame to lay then ? Mildred the tea lady ?
I see you are one of the confirmed Bloom " lickers" Oh he who can do no wrong,
well Im sorry but this mess this season especailly IS his fault.
Then the next thing you get then is " oohh he's put soooo muuuuch of his own money in "
Hmmm ? Well so have I and thousands of others so we deserve better than the shite we have witnessed this season.
It would take the sting out of it had he not kept telling the media he though Hyypia was doing a great job, and he hopes he is
here for years to come, and that Albion should be in the Premier League.
It makes us look so feckin stupid.

this is one of the reasons I asked a few days ago who actually owns the club and the answer was he put 200m in so it is him, so the buck stops with him, bad decisions by the recruitment staff who thankfully have now gone , lets hope he has surrounded himself with people who know what they are doing
onwards and upwards

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can't be sure, but there was this net hanging behind the two posts and bar and I think I saw it bulge when the spherical object hit it. Really weird! No proof I'm afraid. Sorry. I may have dreamt it.

Mate that is clearly swamp gas.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And this is the reason why we may well have another frustrating summer ahead of us, a surfeit of lone rangers next year and a season of further struggle. We are unable to compete financially with at least 50% of the clubs in our league.

None of the potential three promoted clubs this season; Boro, Watford and Bournemouth had parachute payments, Albion reportedly are in the top 10 or thereabouts of playing budgets and several clubs with parachute payments have even been relegated in recent seasons (Wolves, Wigan) and all clubs in the championship seek out loan players (from the Prem) to strengthen their squad.
We should be able to compete. Whether we will or not ; who knows. Perhaps having a manager throughout the whole of the close season who knows the Division,perhaps hanging on to the key players in our squad and perhaps by making more signings as good as Kayal will really make the difference this season but it won't be because Tony Bloom hasn't got his cheque book out.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I think he could prove VERY popular here...

image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

He's saying his goodbyes. No idea where he's off to mind you.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
i think most of our players are ex rugby and have the idea that the point to winning matches is to get the ball over the bar...

We would be a long way ahead on points. :nono:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Clunge could be coming back if he can't find an opening in Spain according to the local rag. Could we really begin the season with Balders, Clunge & COG still in the squad/team? I'm hoping for a least one new striker but we need to start off loading what we've got if we are to get more than one new striking face.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like Clunge could be coming back if he can't find an opening in Spain. Could we really begin the season with Balders, Clunge & COG still in the squad/team? I'm hoping for a least one new striker but we need to start off loading what we've got if we are to get more than one new striking face.

I suspect we'll at the very least be able to loan out Colunga for the full season, even if we cannot sell him. At least we'd get the loan fee, and free up a striking position in the squad.

I still hope COG can also be moved on if he wants to go back north, and I wouldn't be 100% surprised if Baldock is sold, although his current injury status may rule it out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This tweeter may just be a Spanish Bennetts Field Bunny...

Or he may be in the know...

It seems that Enrich may have signed for Bolton.

[tweet]608386778173702147[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here